“"One of my best stays"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #37 of 129 Hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“"One of my best stays"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is nicely tucked away behind the Holiday Inn but it is by no means behind in their level of service. We had some hiccups with the shuttle service from the airport but the Alejandro (frontdesk agent) kept us in touch with what was going on. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and caters for all your needs while away from home and on a long stay... The customer service is wonderful and only needs some work on the Club membership recognition. (one of the reasons for being a member)... The breakfast was wonderful on each of the morning (no complaints there)... The basketball court blew me away and I do plan to visit again with my kids and the rest of my family... I must commend all the staff for their professionalism and friendliness but give two thumbs up to Alejandro who made our stay most enjoyable.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool is really comforting
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff, we highly appreciate all of your feedback and I will definitely inform Alejandro on your behalf. We hope to see again in the near future!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Spring Green, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice clean rooms and happy hour and breakfast are very good. However I checked out and went elsewhere after all the bad shuttle service.

On my first try with the shuttle I called from the airport for pickup. After 20 minutes called again was assured it was on its way. After 45 minutes I took a cab to the hotel. On the second try I called for the shuttle at 10:15 PM only to be told the shuttle ceased running at 10 PM. Note that their web site says it runs until 11 PM. Third strike came this week and why I am changing hotels. I called from the airport for the shuttle. No answer at the hotel. Tried 5 more times and finally called the Holiday Inn and asked them to send someone to the Staybridge to wake up the desk clerk. Was put on hold for 5 minutes and then the call dropped. So once again I wasted a lot of time and took a cab. Got to the hotel and after getting out of the shower realized I needed the access code for the internet. Called down to the front desk to get the code. Guess what. Still no answer.

So expect very poor shuttle service and spotty phone help from the front desk. Especially after 6 PM.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Just bring a car and DO NOT depend on the shuttle.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

I want to apologize for all the inconveniences that occurred during your stay and I can clearly understand why these issues were troublesome. I'm looking into this situation and this issue should not happen again. We are working hard to better our services. To ensure you of this, you can contact me if you do happen to return to our hotel and ill be more than happy to accommodate you.

Paul Martinez

305.500.9100
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

This hotel is has very nice rooms and common areas, but a poor airport shuttle and very poor signage. Customer service is excellent.

The good is that it seems new or newly remodeled. The rooms are fresh, clean looking, very contemporary. Spacious with a full kitchenette.

There are happy hour and free meals, on specific dates and times, so I could not enjoy, but it seems pretty generous by the hotel.

The lobby, common area and breakfast area are very modern, visually pleasant. Beakfast was just right.

But, the hotel airport shuttle is unreliable.But front desk jumped hoops to resolve issue. I think this is how hotels should approach issues, thinking outside box to resolve issues.

The hotel is tucked away, behind the holiday inn. You can see sign from main street, but can't access it easily. My cab could not find it when dropping off, and could not find it for pick up. Don't rely on GPS. I think the hotel should invest in more signage.

There is nothing walking distance, maybe shuttle can take you there. Although you can get delivery to hotel.

Room Tip: Don't trust your gps for directions
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 16, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for your kind comments about our hotel I am glad to know that the front desk was able to resolve your issue. I do apologize for the shuttle inconvenience and signage.
We hope to have you here soon.

Best regards,
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

Excellent location close to MIA with restaurants and shopping on the doorstop - ideal for a stopover. Despite being close to the airport, you can barely hear the planes from the room (it is, of course, a little louder when outside). Rooms are large, clean and recently refurbished with a well equipped kitchen (extremely well equipped - it has everything you could possibly need). Bathroom is a little on the small side but adequate. Pool area was quiet when we visited and suited our needs but does not get much sun due to the position of the building and neighbouring hotel. Small and basic gym was okay, which oddly shared the same room as the complimentary laundry facilities. Use of barbecue facilities a great touch but when we choose to use it, it had been pre booked for 5 hours, which seemed an excessive amount of time.....staff neglected to inform us that it needed to be booked prior to use (despite us enquiring about it). We were also not informed that suites/rooms were not serviced on weekends-this needs to be requested. Breakfast was excellent with complimentary tea and coffee all day - great selection, fresh food and staff member extremely helpful and courteous. Reception staff insisted on speaking to us in Spanish - we are in the US!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is highly important to us and we always want our guests expectations to be met. We have updated our website (room & property photos) to ensure that future travelers know about our remarkable hospitality, service and cleanliness. I'd like to thank you for your feedback, it will definitely be applied to better our property as well for our future guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

Looks new and clean, but our room smells weird like humidity or something... (Room 505)
The layout of the room is weird the TV is located in a place difficult to watch from the bed or the sofa...
The sizes of the room are good and have their own mini kitchen.
The lobby looks nice and cozy!

Stayed September 2014
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities/service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel we can possibly be. It sounds like we fell below your expectations and we apologize for any inconvenience it might have caused you. We take all our reviews, positive and negative very seriously so all of your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times now and this hotel is one of my favorite hotels. It is clean, which is very important to me, and the lobby always smell nice! The breakfast is great and the service is excellent. The staff is always friendly, especially the gentleman who works over night at the front desk, Luis Gonzalez. He is always smiling and creates a very positive atmosphere for the guests. Another great thing for me is the kitchen here since I cook a lot and I truly felt like I was at home. Awesome hotel, and I definitely will be coming back!

• Stayed September 2014
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay, we highly appreciate your kind response/feedback. I will definitely pass on your kind words to Luis Gonzalez and we hope to see you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at StayBridge in Doral. My first was April if this year. Love the fact that it's pet friendly the rooms are super clean. The staff is exceptional the housekeeper in charge of my room Teresa was sweetest lady ever! All of the reception staff members ( I can't remember all their names I believe one is named Alex) were super nice in particular the gentleman who works over night Luis Gonzalez is by far the best host/receptionist I've had to deal with at any hotel. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Miami... I'll definitely be back sooner than later

• Stayed August 2014
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Geny,

Thank you for your kind response and we definitely thank Luis Gonzalez on your behalf and we hope to see you in the near future.

Paul Martinez
Loyalty Champion

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!