“Does the job! I would go back.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 130 hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Does the job! I would go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Even though they were having some renovations, the 2 room suite was very nice and comfortable. Everything worked and the noise factor was minimal.

There is a great restaurant right next to the hotel that has amazing food at great prices and is open very late. I don't get all the fuss a few reviewers have written about the renovations going on at this place. Every hotel has to go through renos to update, so it's part of life, and it's good that they are actually doing this as opposed to let things get old and stale.

if you are looking for a functional, clean, good food and quick place near the airport, this place is for you. If you are looking for beach, luxury, and glitz, this is not the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read that you enjoyed staying with us! Thank you for taking time to write your review, we really appreciate all your comments. Thank you for your recommendation to other travelers, it is much appreciated.
We are looking forward to your next visit .

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and had a nice experience. Like any other Staybridge suites, rooms are good. Lots of TV channels, free laundry machines/parking/breakfast/internet etc. View from rooms is not so attractive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear kumara074,

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The place appears to be continually under construction. The rooms are very good and breakfast is included. Value for money and proximity to Airport are good. There is a free guest laundry and gym, and a good eating joint on the highway, 5 minutes walk.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a detailed review! I am glad to read that you had a great overall stay. Thank you for pointing out some of the great features of our hotel. Thanks for all your comments, we appreciate your input. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The room was nice and spacious and the staff very pleasant. There was still some work going on and the location was very busy in the traffic flow as we came down for a golf tournament. It is perfect if attending Doral as it is in walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. It gives me great pleasure to know that my staff was helpful and you enjoyed your Miami vacation.

The staff and I want to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward welcoming you back to Miami.
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Before coming to stay at this hotel, I was told that there might still be construction here. When I called to check, I was lied to by a hotel employee that told me that they were done. There has been an unholy amount of construction noise, and the hotel staff clearly don't care at all that the guests are upset by this. I have also been repeatedly ignored while standing at the front counter trying to get something taken care of.

Worst Miami hotel I've every stayed at. Stay away. STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Find a room at another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Luisana F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Jim1996,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Sincerely

Assistant General Manager,
Girvan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We booked and paid for a Standard Suite at the Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area last July and specified at the time that we required two beds. We arrived at the hotel at 9.00 p.m. Monday, later than planned due to flight delays, but were not worried as we were guaranteed for late arrival. We were given Room 602. On going to the room we found it to be a studio with just one double bed. Returning to reception we were told that no other rooms were available. The receptionist put the blame totally onto Expedia saying that their request was for ‘any’ room. At this point we complained vehemently but were told that our only option was a similar room on a different floor. I suggested that we should be given one of the two Suites where the guests had not yet checked in but was told that we would have to wait until 3.00 a.m. for this to happen. Reluctantly we accepted Room 602. However on arriving at the room we received a phone call from the receptionist saying that they had had a re-think and we could have Suite 510. Whoever is to blame (be it Expedia or Staybridge) I find this behaviour totally unacceptable.
The hotel itself is undergoing renovation and is like a building site. Every floor smells strongly of paint. On our floor there were unfinished walls, missing light shades, bare electrical sockets and filthy carpets. Part of the breakfast room was in use as a scaffold storage area. I noticed that the inspection certificates in both lifts expired 31st July 2013. I have photographs of all of the above.

Room Tip: Don't bother - they give you what they want
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I apologize your stay with us was not a pleasant one. There are a lot of changes happening here, all for the better. Again, my apologies and I do appreciate feedback like this so we can address issues and concerns that affect our guests.

Best Regards,

Front office Manager
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I arrived at the Staybridge in Doral after booking online, on Christmas Day. As we wer just moving to the Miami area and needed an extended stay, my husband and I had 6 huge pieces of luggage with us and no rental car. I walked in to see extensive renovation being done on the hotel just as our cab was driving away. There was NO notification on the website that it was under construction (by the way, the signs in the hotel actually say it's under construction until November 2013. uhhh.....)

Without another option, we decided we had to just deal with it and check in. The front desk staff was quite nice, in fact all the staff members we met were nice and professional. Too bad they're not working at a better property.

When we walked into our room we were dismayed by the quality. There was a gross brown stain in the tub (one of my pics) and the carpet was old and stained. The whole room had that fine drywall dust. Only one lamp in the room worked correctly, the others either didn't have lightbulbs at all or were hanging off so that if I had tried to touch without looking at it I could have gotten electrocuted (see lamp pic).

The PTAC and fan in our bathroom were so old and loud they sounded like jet engine planes and we could barely sleep. The couch had stains. Everything smelled musty and of mildew - I spent a whole can of Febreze trying to make it go away and I couldn't. The halls of each floor (and I know because I had to stop at each floor when I was leaving to look for the luggage cart) were torn up and dusty. Every floor! Why didn't they just close this hotel for a week or so to get this done? Every time I came into my room I tracked in junk from the hallway because they just stopped vacuuming due to the construction.

All the renovations they're doing are just a drop in the bucket. This place should just be gutted and redone from scratch. It is a dump. The fitness center is a joke - I would not take the chance of touching any of those machines for fear they would fall apart. The washing machines were so old and stained I almost didn't want to wash a load of clothes, but I didn't have a choice. I can't believe I had to pay $150 a night for this place. It's a $29/night hotel at the most. I could have taken more pictures but it just got depressing.

After 3 nights we couldn't take it anymore and dragged our 6 huge suitcases into another $50 cab ride to go somewhere else. I had sent an email to Staybridge while we were there detailing what we were going through, and got a response that they would forward my comments to the general manager. Then, after we left, I got a request for review Staybridge and expressed all this in my review. I got an email back saying they couldn't post my review with no reason why (I included that in a pic below with my email address blocked out). Gee, I wonder, because it was a scathing review. They just didn't want to post it.

Also, to date (1/6), their GM has never contacted me, even though their corporate said she would. I have never asked a hotel to give me my money back, but in this case I really think I deserve a refund. One of the worst hotel experiences of my life and an extra $50 lost on a taxi just to get out of there.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!