“Superrrrr” 5 of 5 stars

Paramaribo, Suriname
“Superrrrr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Quick check in.
Very friendly and helpful staff, very special thanks to Ricardo, he made our stay even more pleasant. Very clean and updated rooms. The breakfast buffet was awesome. This was our second stay @ Staybridge Doral and I can say for sure, we'll come back. It's like home away from home.
There are lots of restaurants and shops nearby, I really recommend this for family stays, cause you don't have to drive long distances to do shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments on the Staybridge Suites.We value your feedback and we our always trying to improve the expectation of our guest. We are very proud of our staff and we will make sure to share this with Ricardo. We look forward to your next trip to Miami and hope you choose the Staybridge Suites as your destination.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was in the Doral area on business for two months! I found the Staybrige staff members provided customer service, they provided clean accommodations, and meals. The hot breakfast got in ready for a grueling day at the office! They were in the middle of a renovation during my stay. Each week the hotel got more, and more beautiful!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the rooms where clean. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The entire staff at Staybridge is Customer oriented. Recently I had a situation wherein for some reason my booking was not showing in the system, the hotel was overbooked and I had travelled the whole day reaching the hotel around 1am. When I realized that there was no room, we tried to get hotels in the neighbourhood, however, no hotels were available. I was ready to crash in the lobby, however Luis Gonzalez went ALL out and offered me a room which was not available due to some appliances not working. He went out of his way to ensure the room was fixed and was all ready and setup for me. This is what I call "Going ABOVE and BEYOND" the service call...rather than just saying "I am sorry....i can't help". He heard my exhaustation and helped me get a good night sleep after almost 24 hours of travel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Rhonda, We want to extend our sincerest gratitude for taking the time to share your experience and to highlight all the wonderful things that Luis did for you, We are very proud of our staff and we will make sure to share this with Luis.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This has always been a great place to stay. Very convenient, nice area, great staff. Those pluses have not changed. Arrived at the hotel to find it under ...what appeared to be construction. They called it a slight remodel.....however, it was more of a construction site. The desk clerk said we would not even know it was going on since the workers would be gone by 6:00 pm each day. We arrived back from dinner one night at 9:30 pm and had to compete with construction workers for an elevator. I appreciate the fact that the hotel is keeping the place fresh and new looking for customers, however, I was there on a business trip with my supervisor and would like to have been informed of the appearance and inconvenience BEFORE I arrived. Not the best impression to make on someone who feels we should switch to a competing chain. Knowing ahead of time would have given me the choice to keep my reservation...or go somewhere else. This will not cause me to start asking if there is remodeling going on before I arrive. Overall.....most of the staff were very friendly......the only exception was the lady responsible for the evening reception. She seemed to have a nasty attitude towards guests that arrived a minute or two early for the evening reception......often harshly speaking to guests. I think the dust from the construction must have been getting to her. Oh yeah....did I mention the dust in the air. Felt like you had to chew your way to the elevator...and hope the wait was short.

Well.....enough said. Advance warning would have kept this as a 5 for me.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Have been staying at StayBridge several times and EVERY TIME the staff exceed my expectation, very friendly, kind and accomodating.

Place is very clean, safe and has several amenities such as Breakfast, Laundry, Kitchen and even SUN Down treats!

Great value for money.

BONUS: Luis Diaz and Ricardo are simply amazing - they make people come back again and again - very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better
Dear Maria,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. It gives me great pleasure to know that my staff was helpful and you enjoyed your Miami vacation.

The staff and I want to thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward welcoming you back to Miami.
Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

thank you!!, very pleasant stay, and mainly i´d like to thank Tiffany , the girl on the front desk!! she is just such a great person and fast worker. the rooms are roomy and comfortable, great atmosphere, nice people everywere, the food is delicious, only positive things to say about staybridge and the people who works there!! please , dont you ever change guys keep up the good work!! give tiffany a raise!! :) thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Juan Montoya lan cargo

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you where pleased with the hotel. I am pleased to hear that Tiffany provided you with great customer service during your stay. Your encouraging words will certainly help to strengthen the motivation of our staff. We look forward to your next Miami visit
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The Staybridge Suites are great for shopping trips in Miami. Very simple, comfortable accommodation with a kitchen, lounge and comfortable beds.

The positives on my recent trip were:
1.The staff can not do enough to help you. Very pleasant, accommodating and helpful. Everyone I met were well trained and seemed very engaged in what they do.
2. The waffles at breakfast and airport shuttle were great.
3. Location is fantastic for Walmart (a must visit) the shuttle bus driver dropped us there for free. Much appreciated thank you. Dolphin Mall $10 return on the shuttle bus and for higher quality purchases go to the International Mall $12 by taxi for the ten minute journey. At international Mall you can shop in Macy's, which is equivalent to the UK's Debenhams.

The areas for improvement:
1. Whilst we were there there was a full on fire evacuation which was announced through speakers in the wall of the suite. The announcement told us to 'leave our rooms and move to the end of the corridor fire exit and await further instructions'. As we could smell burning we decided to go down the fire escape to the ground floor. When we got there the Fire Fighters had arrived but we didn't hear any other message telling us to return to our rooms, it was a bit disorganised. I would recommend to the management that they practice fire evacuation procedures as this was a scary experience. Once you exit fire doors on each level you can not re enter the hotel.
2. We encountered several small issues with the rooms, ie. leaking toilet, air con problem. Refurbishment is currently going on, which should fix this.

Overall review....simple accommodation for a practical base whilst on vacation. I would certainly consider it again on future visits, however I would need reassurance that the fire procedure has been retrained.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff however, we apologize for the issues with the room and the fire evacuation procedures. Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!