The Staybridge Suites are great for shopping trips in Miami. Very simple, comfortable accommodation with a kitchen, lounge and comfortable beds.
The positives on my recent trip were:
1.The staff can not do enough to help you. Very pleasant, accommodating and helpful. Everyone I met were well trained and seemed very engaged in what they do.
2. The waffles at breakfast and airport shuttle were great.
3. Location is fantastic for Walmart (a must visit) the shuttle bus driver dropped us there for free. Much appreciated thank you. Dolphin Mall $10 return on the shuttle bus and for higher quality purchases go to the International Mall $12 by taxi for the ten minute journey. At international Mall you can shop in Macy's, which is equivalent to the UK's Debenhams.
The areas for improvement:
1. Whilst we were there there was a full on fire evacuation which was announced through speakers in the wall of the suite. The announcement told us to 'leave our rooms and move to the end of the corridor fire exit and await further instructions'. As we could smell burning we decided to go down the fire escape to the ground floor. When we got there the Fire Fighters had arrived but we didn't hear any other message telling us to return to our rooms, it was a bit disorganised. I would recommend to the management that they practice fire evacuation procedures as this was a scary experience. Once you exit fire doors on each level you can not re enter the hotel.
2. We encountered several small issues with the rooms, ie. leaking toilet, air con problem. Refurbishment is currently going on, which should fix this.
Overall review....simple accommodation for a practical base whilst on vacation. I would certainly consider it again on future visits, however I would need reassurance that the fire procedure has been retrained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area blends sophisticated, extended stay hotel surroundings with friendly service in a beautiful suburban setting. We are accessible from downtown Miami and only minutes from the Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-75, 836-Dolphin Expressway and 826-Palmetto Expressway. The Miami International Airport, downtown and Port of Miami are just 10 miles away. Our hotel is also located only minutes from University of Miami and several major corporations such as Carnival Cruise Lines, Boston Scientific, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Florida International University, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Palmetto Hospital. You will experience comfort and convenience with our spacious studio and one bedroom suites, each complete with living room and full kitchen. Our daily full breakfast buffet features hot & cold items, and our free Social Reception (featuring a light dinner with beer, wine, & soft drinks) is available Tuesday-Thursday evenings. If you prefer to dine out, choose from any number of restaurants that feature a range of cuisine and ambiance. When it is time to unwind, relax in our courtyard or at our outdoor pool or workout in our fitness room. Shopping opportunities are plentiful we are just minutes from Dolphin Mall and International Mall. We are also only minutes from Homestead Speedway, (25 miles), American Airlines Arena (10 miles), South Beach (10 miles), and the Doral Golf Resort (0.1 mile). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area Hotel Miami