“Very friendly staff and a good base for the malls” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #54 of 129 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff and a good base for the malls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The Staybridge Suites are great for shopping trips in Miami. Very simple, comfortable accommodation with a kitchen, lounge and comfortable beds.

The positives on my recent trip were:
1.The staff can not do enough to help you. Very pleasant, accommodating and helpful. Everyone I met were well trained and seemed very engaged in what they do.
2. The waffles at breakfast and airport shuttle were great.
3. Location is fantastic for Walmart (a must visit) the shuttle bus driver dropped us there for free. Much appreciated thank you. Dolphin Mall $10 return on the shuttle bus and for higher quality purchases go to the International Mall $12 by taxi for the ten minute journey. At international Mall you can shop in Macy's, which is equivalent to the UK's Debenhams.

The areas for improvement:
1. Whilst we were there there was a full on fire evacuation which was announced through speakers in the wall of the suite. The announcement told us to 'leave our rooms and move to the end of the corridor fire exit and await further instructions'. As we could smell burning we decided to go down the fire escape to the ground floor. When we got there the Fire Fighters had arrived but we didn't hear any other message telling us to return to our rooms, it was a bit disorganised. I would recommend to the management that they practice fire evacuation procedures as this was a scary experience. Once you exit fire doors on each level you can not re enter the hotel.
2. We encountered several small issues with the rooms, ie. leaking toilet, air con problem. Refurbishment is currently going on, which should fix this.

Overall review....simple accommodation for a practical base whilst on vacation. I would certainly consider it again on future visits, however I would need reassurance that the fire procedure has been retrained.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff however, we apologize for the issues with the room and the fire evacuation procedures. Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites. We hope to see you again soon.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Tiffany at the front desk could not have been nicer. She helped make our stay wonderful. She is the reason we will come back! We really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the complimentary happy hour. The hotel being under renovation made the place look a little unsightly but I'm sure it will look fine once completed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties. Thank you for the compliments on our staff, We are very proud of our staff and we will make sure to share this with Tiffany.
Louisville, Kentucky, EEUU
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Hotel tucked away in a cull-de-sac. Will be much quieter when they finsh their "refresh" of the hotel. Too much noise if you must sleep during the day. Upper floors were better for less noise. Helpfull staff. Tuesday thru Thursday snacks with beer and wine 5:30-7:30. Free guest laundry machines next to work out area. Pool area small but clean. Good for informal gatherings. Nice BBQ grill for guests as well.

Room Tip: Car needed to get out and about. Good Ale House next door with good food but slow service.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. .Please accept our apologies for the experience you had with the noise due to the renovation which affected your stay negatively. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The suite that my family of 6 stayed in was wonderful, plenty of room for the children to relax. The kitchen was very clean and well stocked. The free buffet style breakfast was plentiful with hot food and a variety of different breakfast food for everyone. The pool, gym and basketball court was awesome. The kids didn't want to leave the hotel. It was plenty for them to do. I would stay here again if ever in Mia again. The best...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, You absolutely made our day! We like to hear about it when our guests enjoy their time in our hotel and we are elated that you did. Please note that ALL of your comments will be passed on to our team and celebrated. Please come see us all again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our reservation were made well in advance for a 1 bedroom suite. We informed the hotel of our late arrival. When we arrived(9:30pm after a long day of travel) a huge cover up was in process as the realized they "overbooked" and our suite was no longer available. We were given a smaller room with no privacy(traveling with two teens) at the same rate as the larger room....ummm NO, I do not think so. I will admit that our rate was lowered significantly, due to the fact I voiced my displeasure, and NOT because of their wonderful customer service(note my sarcasm). Also they changed our room(the day after) to one with privacy again because I made it clear that I was not going to stay 7 days in discomfort due their mess up.
Here is the straw that pushed me to frustration. I received a phone call today (note our checkout is 7/16) that my credit card is not working, I ask why is it being charged prematurely when we have a few more days? And I was told it will not be charged until we check out? Answer: You have to pay for the room now. Hmmm, never had to do that when we travel in the USA, always pay upon checkout. Long story short, the front desk demeanor and the staff audience and the lack of privacy when discussing this matter is what lead me to this review. Also customer relations is a joke.You're going to call the Hotel and tell them everything I just said to you when everything I said to you was said to them. As I stated on the phone, what can they do for me differently? The reply..ma'am let me do my job and call the hotel and share your issues. Me: I am not preventing you from doing you job, that's your job, but please tell me what do you think can be done when all you are going to do is repeat my story? They are well informed of my displeasure? Let me contact the hotel, go right ahead...Ma'am I was told the lowered the room rate. Me: Yes I told you that already, Well the manager will be calling you right now...It has been over an hour and no phone call from anyone. I'll admit an apology or a lower rate will not make me happy. I am at the moment at an unreasonable point. I truly do not foresee what can be done to right this wrong.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guyarican,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Miami, FL.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a nice hotel and reasonable price for the area. The rooms where clean and friendly staff. They have a good continental breakfast. There are several nice resturaunts in walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the compliments on our staff, they definitely make the difference with the service they provide our guests. We hope to see you soon again
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

For late check-ins at night the hotel is not an easy find, there is a sign on NW 87th Ave. but once you have passed that it gets confusing as you wil only see the Holiday Inn Miami Doral in front of you. They both share the same grounds, but the Staybridge building is out of sight behind the Holiday Inn, so my recommendation for guests is to watch for the HI from NW 87th Ave.

Our check-in went fast, friendly & laid-back... but we missed a "professional" touch. The suite itself was large & clean enough, furniture and decor are dated but in good condition. It had everything we needed for a good nights sleep. Altough we are light sleepers, the close proximity of Miami International Airport did not bother us.

The included breakfast was of standard Stayblidge level, which is always better and has more choice than the average complimentary continental breakfasts at most other hotel brands.

As my title indicates there isn't anything bad to say about this property, but rating it very good or excellent would not be fair compared to other same brand properties which pay more attention to detail.

Compared to other equally TripAdvisor rated MIA apt location hotels, we paid a fair rate which may have us return in the future and we also recommend this property for other travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear cruzaddicts,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!