“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 130 hotels in Miami
Louisville, Kentucky, EEUU
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Hotel tucked away in a cull-de-sac. Will be much quieter when they finsh their "refresh" of the hotel. Too much noise if you must sleep during the day. Upper floors were better for less noise. Helpfull staff. Tuesday thru Thursday snacks with beer and wine 5:30-7:30. Free guest laundry machines next to work out area. Pool area small but clean. Good for informal gatherings. Nice BBQ grill for guests as well.

Room Tip: Car needed to get out and about. Good Ale House next door with good food but slow service.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. .Please accept our apologies for the experience you had with the noise due to the renovation which affected your stay negatively. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The suite that my family of 6 stayed in was wonderful, plenty of room for the children to relax. The kitchen was very clean and well stocked. The free buffet style breakfast was plentiful with hot food and a variety of different breakfast food for everyone. The pool, gym and basketball court was awesome. The kids didn't want to leave the hotel. It was plenty for them to do. I would stay here again if ever in Mia again. The best...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, You absolutely made our day! We like to hear about it when our guests enjoy their time in our hotel and we are elated that you did. Please note that ALL of your comments will be passed on to our team and celebrated. Please come see us all again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our reservation were made well in advance for a 1 bedroom suite. We informed the hotel of our late arrival. When we arrived(9:30pm after a long day of travel) a huge cover up was in process as the realized they "overbooked" and our suite was no longer available. We were given a smaller room with no privacy(traveling with two teens) at the same rate as the larger room....ummm NO, I do not think so. I will admit that our rate was lowered significantly, due to the fact I voiced my displeasure, and NOT because of their wonderful customer service(note my sarcasm). Also they changed our room(the day after) to one with privacy again because I made it clear that I was not going to stay 7 days in discomfort due their mess up.
Here is the straw that pushed me to frustration. I received a phone call today (note our checkout is 7/16) that my credit card is not working, I ask why is it being charged prematurely when we have a few more days? And I was told it will not be charged until we check out? Answer: You have to pay for the room now. Hmmm, never had to do that when we travel in the USA, always pay upon checkout. Long story short, the front desk demeanor and the staff audience and the lack of privacy when discussing this matter is what lead me to this review. Also customer relations is a joke.You're going to call the Hotel and tell them everything I just said to you when everything I said to you was said to them. As I stated on the phone, what can they do for me differently? The reply..ma'am let me do my job and call the hotel and share your issues. Me: I am not preventing you from doing you job, that's your job, but please tell me what do you think can be done when all you are going to do is repeat my story? They are well informed of my displeasure? Let me contact the hotel, go right ahead...Ma'am I was told the lowered the room rate. Me: Yes I told you that already, Well the manager will be calling you right now...It has been over an hour and no phone call from anyone. I'll admit an apology or a lower rate will not make me happy. I am at the moment at an unreasonable point. I truly do not foresee what can be done to right this wrong.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guyarican,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Miami, FL.

Orlando A.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a nice hotel and reasonable price for the area. The rooms where clean and friendly staff. They have a good continental breakfast. There are several nice resturaunts in walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for the compliments on our staff, they definitely make the difference with the service they provide our guests. We hope to see you soon again
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

For late check-ins at night the hotel is not an easy find, there is a sign on NW 87th Ave. but once you have passed that it gets confusing as you wil only see the Holiday Inn Miami Doral in front of you. They both share the same grounds, but the Staybridge building is out of sight behind the Holiday Inn, so my recommendation for guests is to watch for the HI from NW 87th Ave.

Our check-in went fast, friendly & laid-back... but we missed a "professional" touch. The suite itself was large & clean enough, furniture and decor are dated but in good condition. It had everything we needed for a good nights sleep. Altough we are light sleepers, the close proximity of Miami International Airport did not bother us.

The included breakfast was of standard Stayblidge level, which is always better and has more choice than the average complimentary continental breakfasts at most other hotel brands.

As my title indicates there isn't anything bad to say about this property, but rating it very good or excellent would not be fair compared to other same brand properties which pay more attention to detail.

Compared to other equally TripAdvisor rated MIA apt location hotels, we paid a fair rate which may have us return in the future and we also recommend this property for other travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear cruzaddicts,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
São Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stay there frequently in business. The breakfast is average, they don't take much care of the room, and sometimes it can be very noisy.
For me the location is convenient because there is a park right across the street for jogging and a Ale Beer House in walking distance for dinner.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevators. Too much noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear caio m,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding breakfast and noise. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Pros-
My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days during memorial wknd. The hotel is about a 12 mins drive to the airport but with traffic expect about 15-18 mins. The hotel offers a shuttle every hour, however it ends at 11pm so since we got there late, we had to get a cab, that was about $20. Breakfast was good the days we were there, we had eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, juice etc.. the coolest part was the waffle machine where you make you own waffle. We used the pool twice and it was always empty. We were the only ones using it and I think that was nice. Staybridge also has a grill outside that we used twice during our stay to bbq.one side of the grill didn't work but that didn't bother us too much. Parking is free and there was plenty of space even when we came back late at night. The area feels safe and there is a shopping center 2 mins drive from the hotel.
The Cons
- I really didn't like the kitchen area. never seen such a small sink and dish washer and stove in my life. on top of that, the water in the kitchen wasn't working. called 3 times and fourth time went to front desk to complain. it took more than 2 days for them to fix it and they never even apologized. we had to do to the bathroom and get water each time we cooked.
-too much sun gets in the room so if you like to sleep in, it will probably be a problem. I was up around 6am because of the sun coming in the room. they need to install dark curtains.
-The hotel needs to get updated a little bit. the pool had 1 light out of 4 working, the paint in some area is messed up, tried to print something on the computer downstairs and the printer wasn't working and the front desk couldn't help me
-Also if you looking for a hotel by the airport, this place is not that close. u have to deal with traffic on the beltway.

Overall though it was an ok stay. I probably will pay extra and go back to Hyatt House by the airport next time I visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear diachel,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance
to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!