“Ok Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ok Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Pros-
My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days during memorial wknd. The hotel is about a 12 mins drive to the airport but with traffic expect about 15-18 mins. The hotel offers a shuttle every hour, however it ends at 11pm so since we got there late, we had to get a cab, that was about $20. Breakfast was good the days we were there, we had eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, juice etc.. the coolest part was the waffle machine where you make you own waffle. We used the pool twice and it was always empty. We were the only ones using it and I think that was nice. Staybridge also has a grill outside that we used twice during our stay to bbq.one side of the grill didn't work but that didn't bother us too much. Parking is free and there was plenty of space even when we came back late at night. The area feels safe and there is a shopping center 2 mins drive from the hotel.
The Cons
- I really didn't like the kitchen area. never seen such a small sink and dish washer and stove in my life. on top of that, the water in the kitchen wasn't working. called 3 times and fourth time went to front desk to complain. it took more than 2 days for them to fix it and they never even apologized. we had to do to the bathroom and get water each time we cooked.
-too much sun gets in the room so if you like to sleep in, it will probably be a problem. I was up around 6am because of the sun coming in the room. they need to install dark curtains.
-The hotel needs to get updated a little bit. the pool had 1 light out of 4 working, the paint in some area is messed up, tried to print something on the computer downstairs and the printer wasn't working and the front desk couldn't help me
-Also if you looking for a hotel by the airport, this place is not that close. u have to deal with traffic on the beltway.

Overall though it was an ok stay. I probably will pay extra and go back to Hyatt House by the airport next time I visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear diachel,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance
to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a quick layover after arriving into Miami International. Originally motivated by proximity and price, we were very pleasantly surprised after arriving. The staff was extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room, though needed a bit of a facelift, was roomy and comfortable and the breakfast was great considering it was automatically included in the room rate. Overall a great stay and a super value!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Luisana F, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest, . We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on our staff and facilities.
We are very proud of our staff and we will make sure to share this with them.
We are looking forward to your next visit .
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed 4 nights and I enjoy staying in this Hotel. The rooms are very clean and the personnel are friendly. the rooms are well equipped with kitchen. the hotel is well located in doral which is in the middle of everything such as going north, south, west and east areas of miami.

all in all, i recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about Staybridge, other than it can be a bit tricky to find. It is located behind the Holiday Inn. The room was very spacious, had a stovetop, fridge, microwave, great bathroom with a bathtub. Bed was very comfortable, TV had lots of channels, it was very quiet and a great place to stay prior to our flight the next day. They have a continental breakfast but our flight was so early we missed that. I booked with Travelocity Mystery hotel and got an excellent rate. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Miami for the a couple of days and the hotel and location was perfect! It is located in an area where you have plenty of resturant choices. The hotel was spacious, clean and comfortable not to mention that the staff was great and very helpfull. Great when traveling with family, a seprate room, living room space with a pull out bed, kitchenette and counter space... it was great! The hotel also offers soical evening with light dinner, great full breakfast, nice lobby space... our stay was great. The hotel is located next to the Holiday Inn and behind a sports bar which was much fun on Thursday and Friday night - did not stop on Sat night.

You are mins away from Downtown, Little Havana, Miami Airport and just 30mins from Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Room Tip: All room are suites so all are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Located in the bustling metropolis of Doral directly in the flight path of MIA airport. Jet noise day and night, good if you have a need to be near the airport not so much otherwise. The gentleman working the front desk during the day shift, the assistant manager I think, is very rude and needs an attitude adjustment. He is in the hospitality business after all. The rooms are dated but reasonably clean. Brace yourself when switching on the garbage disposal as it sounds like a Harley Davidson. All drains in the suite were slow and never repaired when requested. Beds were comfortable but don't expect to get sleep with the constant air traffic.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear R S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. All of our reviews are evaluated by hotel's management and we are confident the hotel will continue working with their staff to improve the level of service offered for future guests or your next visit.

Lera P
Westminster, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Priority Club members beware! I am a Platinum member. Normally, this means you are entitled to a room upgrade if available. The night of our arrival, I called around 10:30 p.m. to confirm our room because our flight was delayed. I was assured the hotel had my reservation. Upon my arrival , imagine my surprise and dismay when I was informed that the non-smoking room I had reserved was given away and my reservation was demoted to be given the worst room possible...in this case a smoking room. At this point, it was the only room left in the hotel, and due to the late hour, we had no choice but to accept. I was told it was because the expiration date on the card I had provided at reservation was Jan. 2013. Though noone informed me of any issue when I called hours earlier to confirm the reservation. We had booked a 2 night stay and the hotel moved us to a non-smoking room the next day. This room smelled as though a bottle of cologne had been dumped on it and the water pressure in the shower was terrible. We were very disappointed in our stay. I contacted the hotel a few days ago to discuss the issues and received no response. There were some positive points...the rooms were clean, some of the front desk staff members were friendly and the breakfast and evening social hour were nice amenities. However, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear kbuhrman,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!