My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days during memorial wknd. The hotel is about a 12 mins drive to the airport but with traffic expect about 15-18 mins. The hotel offers a shuttle every hour, however it ends at 11pm so since we got there late, we had to get a cab, that was about $20. Breakfast was good the days we were there, we had eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, juice etc.. the coolest part was the waffle machine where you make you own waffle. We used the pool twice and it was always empty. We were the only ones using it and I think that was nice. Staybridge also has a grill outside that we used twice during our stay to bbq.one side of the grill didn't work but that didn't bother us too much. Parking is free and there was plenty of space even when we came back late at night. The area feels safe and there is a shopping center 2 mins drive from the hotel.
- I really didn't like the kitchen area. never seen such a small sink and dish washer and stove in my life. on top of that, the water in the kitchen wasn't working. called 3 times and fourth time went to front desk to complain. it took more than 2 days for them to fix it and they never even apologized. we had to do to the bathroom and get water each time we cooked.
-too much sun gets in the room so if you like to sleep in, it will probably be a problem. I was up around 6am because of the sun coming in the room. they need to install dark curtains.
-The hotel needs to get updated a little bit. the pool had 1 light out of 4 working, the paint in some area is messed up, tried to print something on the computer downstairs and the printer wasn't working and the front desk couldn't help me
-Also if you looking for a hotel by the airport, this place is not that close. u have to deal with traffic on the beltway.
Overall though it was an ok stay. I probably will pay extra and go back to Hyatt House by the airport next time I visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area blends sophisticated, extended stay hotel surroundings with friendly service in a beautiful suburban setting. We are accessible from downtown Miami and only minutes from the Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-75, 836-Dolphin Expressway and 826-Palmetto Expressway. The Miami International Airport, downtown and Port of Miami are just 10 miles away. Our hotel is also located only minutes from University of Miami and several major corporations such as Carnival Cruise Lines, Boston Scientific, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Florida International University, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Palmetto Hospital. You will experience comfort and convenience with our spacious studio and one bedroom suites, each complete with living room and full kitchen. Our daily full breakfast buffet features hot & cold items, and our free Social Reception (featuring a light dinner with beer, wine, & soft drinks) is available Tuesday-Thursday evenings. If you prefer to dine out, choose from any number of restaurants that feature a range of cuisine and ambiance. When it is time to unwind, relax in our courtyard or at our outdoor pool or workout in our fitness room. Shopping opportunities are plentiful we are just minutes from Dolphin Mall and International Mall. We are also only minutes from Homestead Speedway, (25 miles), American Airlines Arena (10 miles), South Beach (10 miles), and the Doral Golf Resort (0.1 mile). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area Hotel Miami