“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 129 hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Miami for the a couple of days and the hotel and location was perfect! It is located in an area where you have plenty of resturant choices. The hotel was spacious, clean and comfortable not to mention that the staff was great and very helpfull. Great when traveling with family, a seprate room, living room space with a pull out bed, kitchenette and counter space... it was great! The hotel also offers soical evening with light dinner, great full breakfast, nice lobby space... our stay was great. The hotel is located next to the Holiday Inn and behind a sports bar which was much fun on Thursday and Friday night - did not stop on Sat night.

You are mins away from Downtown, Little Havana, Miami Airport and just 30mins from Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Room Tip: All room are suites so all are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Located in the bustling metropolis of Doral directly in the flight path of MIA airport. Jet noise day and night, good if you have a need to be near the airport not so much otherwise. The gentleman working the front desk during the day shift, the assistant manager I think, is very rude and needs an attitude adjustment. He is in the hospitality business after all. The rooms are dated but reasonably clean. Brace yourself when switching on the garbage disposal as it sounds like a Harley Davidson. All drains in the suite were slow and never repaired when requested. Beds were comfortable but don't expect to get sleep with the constant air traffic.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear R S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. All of our reviews are evaluated by hotel's management and we are confident the hotel will continue working with their staff to improve the level of service offered for future guests or your next visit.

Lera P
Westminster, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Priority Club members beware! I am a Platinum member. Normally, this means you are entitled to a room upgrade if available. The night of our arrival, I called around 10:30 p.m. to confirm our room because our flight was delayed. I was assured the hotel had my reservation. Upon my arrival , imagine my surprise and dismay when I was informed that the non-smoking room I had reserved was given away and my reservation was demoted to be given the worst room possible...in this case a smoking room. At this point, it was the only room left in the hotel, and due to the late hour, we had no choice but to accept. I was told it was because the expiration date on the card I had provided at reservation was Jan. 2013. Though noone informed me of any issue when I called hours earlier to confirm the reservation. We had booked a 2 night stay and the hotel moved us to a non-smoking room the next day. This room smelled as though a bottle of cologne had been dumped on it and the water pressure in the shower was terrible. We were very disappointed in our stay. I contacted the hotel a few days ago to discuss the issues and received no response. There were some positive points...the rooms were clean, some of the front desk staff members were friendly and the breakfast and evening social hour were nice amenities. However, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear kbuhrman,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great. It is close to everything. Clean rooms and a great breakfast. Big thanks to all the staff making our stay enjoyable. Cathy was excellent and provided us with alot of great ideas. Kudos to the housekeeping staff for keeping our room so clean. We will return soon!:-)

• Stayed February 2013
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel which allowed pets and I was equally welcomed prestine clean room which was ample and had many amenities. The breakfasts were excellent, and if you stay during the week Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday they also provide dinner which significantly can quickly reduce your daily stay expense when you add up the dollars. It is on a main avenue (not facing it) along with many high-end hotels plenty of restaurants and locations close by to get stock for your kitchen and refrigerator.
I cannot say enough about the staff and the service at this hotel and almost everywhere I went I was within 10 miles of destinations for eating or socializing. I highly recommend this location which can easily become a home away from home. The rooms are ample, beds are extremely comfortable along with the simplicity of flat screen televisions in both living room and bedroom, free Internet service, and others you cannot match the value in this hotel I would much rather stay at Staybridge rather than a high-priced location. It is just that good!!!!!!!! My hats off to the staff hats off to Management. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I will be honest I had a room facing a construction site and the room silent it did not bother me no...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

On my way to Orlando, I flew in to Miami late in the evening, so I decided to spend a night around the airport so I wouldn't bother to look for something else further.

Giving the last minute decision, I went to Hotwire and booked a room for one night. I had never stayed at Staybridge before, so I was curious to find out how they operate overall.

I rented a car, so I didn't need to wait for the shuttle bus. The hotel is located about 5 miles from MIA, but its location is not the easiest one to find. And since the sign with the name of the hotel is not visible enough to be seen from distance, you can easily miss the turn and drive around for a while before you actually locate the hotel. It happened to me; I missed the entrance and drove around for like 5 min before finding it. My advice would be to look for Holiday Inn, which is easily located, and you'll staybridge right next to it.

The check-in went fast, but I can't say that the staff at the front desk was the friendliest one. Since I booked through Hotwire, I knew I couldn't be guaranteed a non-smoking room, but I asked if that's what I was going to get. She responded immediately that all rooms left were smoking rooms and there is nothing she could do. The she added "sometimes people don't smoke, so there may not be any smell..." But I know what a smoking room is, whether there is someone smoking or not, it always smells. So I didn't really like her comment, as she did not show any kind of compassion or consideration to the fact that I don't like the smell of cigarettes. Then she added "that's why you shouldn't book through Hotwire..." I thought she should learn to mind her own business. Not wanting to be rude, I let it go without any comment, and I figured since it was only for one night, It wasn't a big deal anyway.

The room was spacious, clean and organized. If it wasn't for the smell of cigarettes, it would have been just perfect. I had a quiet and nice sleep. The hotel offers free wi-fi and breakfast; Internet worked very well and the buffet breakfast consistent enough to help you start up the day. They also offer free parking, which is a plus around Miami International Airport. There are restaurants and fast food chains along the street of the hotel in case you feel like eating out. The next day I checked out and I was on my way to Orlando.

In short, except for the smoking room part and the no so friendly welcome from the front desk staff, I was satisfied with my experience overall. I'll certainly stay there again if I'm sure to get a non-smoking room, because for what I paid for, it was a pretty good deal package!

Room Tip: Look for Holiday Inn to locate the hotel when using a private car or a rental.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mot-de-pass,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for the unsatisfactory customer service at the front desk. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. Your comments will help us improve our service and offer a great experience for our guests.

Lera P
Rigby, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I chose to stay a night at this hotel because it was the Priority Club property with the best award points value near MIA. It is a nice hotel, clean and well-maintained. The sheets in the bed were soft and comfortable. The flat screen TV had many all-HD channels available. Breakfast was sub-par with low quality offerings, and apparently they allow pets (as I encountered barking dogs on more than one occasion). The business center was fully out of commission during my stay also. Despite these misses, I would definitely consider this hotel in the future.

Stayed February 2013
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!