“Last night in USA” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 130 hotels in Miami
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Last night in USA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the Staybridge on the final night of our holiday before flying out of MIA. We found the location ideal for last minute shopping in local malls, other benefits are free parking and inclusive breakfast which was of a good standard. Our room was well equipped with a good standard of decor. The only negative was the unpleasant smell that pervades the corridors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Guillermo D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are so happy to hear that we were of good service to you. Our location is very handy if you plan to shop considering there are two large well known shopping malls less than 5 miles away. As far as the funky smell we're happy to tell our future guests that the hotel will be getting renovated very soon!

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

It was a very good experience!! Everybody was very correct and polite, mostly Luisana at front desk and Marjorie at breakfast lounge, also Daniel, Yadir, etc. The rooms are very clean and clean towels everyday. Loved the fresh fruit at breakfast! Overall we had a wonderful stay!! Thank you all very much!

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is so close to the airport, you cannot even notice the noise. Did not have ti...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Guillermo D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the pleasant comments about the staff , However,our job is to make you feel part of our Staybridge Suites family and make you feel like home away from home. We hope to see you soon at Staybridge Suites Miami .
McMinnville, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are sensitive to smells I would not recommend staying here. I'm not sure if it was because it was September and so humid out or something else. I noticed it as soon as I walked in the lobby. Too much air freshener covering a mixture of other smells. It was worse in my room. As if they just dumped the bottle straight on the carpet. It would wear off throughout the evening and be okay the next morning (or maybe that was me getting used to it). Then the maid would come through and douse the room again. It was so bad I put up a do not disturb sign outside my door for the rest of the week after two days. It was just as bad in the hallways though. Whatever it was I saw a big gallon sprayer, like the kind you use in your yard, in the hall. One afternoon the hall smelt like sewage. Aside from that, breakfast was somewhat below average and the hallways were not clean. My room was very clean when I let them clean it. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. They shouldn't even claim to have room service. Dinners brought to my room from an offsite place in styrofoam containers do not constitute room service in my book. I can do that myself for cheaper and better quality than what I received. Also the Staybridge Suites shares the pool with the Holiday Inn directly behind. The pool is wedged in between the two very tall buildings and doesn't get much sun throughout the day. In fact as you look at the "front" of the Staybridge picture, it's actually on the backside of the Holiday Inn. As you drive into the parking lot you have to drive around to the backside of the Holiday Inn to get to the Staybridge. I would not recommend this hotel or stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your response, we take all reviews positive and negative very seriously . We the Staybridge family apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. We try to do everything possible to provide a home away from home experience for our guests. Once again , thank you for your feedback to helps us improve our service .
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was a great experience. I normally don't comment, but I was so impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the response time to items of concern. I had a iron that was leaking and with 10 minutes it was in my room. I also had a microwave that was not working properly. they were up in my room with a replacement within 20 minutes. the staff all greeted you with a smile. You felt like you were wanted there. i would recommend this hotel for anyone staying the doral miami area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you felt welcome and at home. All of our staff is always eager to help and we strive to please our guests especially when we are notified of an issue. Hope you are doing well and we hope you stay with us again!
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

It is hard to fine this hotel cause it sits right behind the holiday inn,it's sister hotel both are connected. They share a lot pool room service and you can go back and forth. The rooms are clean , the service is outstanding! Free breakfast everyday and it's good and hot! Fresh fruit too. Dinner is Tuesday -Thursday nights from 5:30 - 7:30. Wine and beer too till it's gone. They have a laundry room too and that is free. The best place I have stayed long term. There's a place to eat and drink almost in the same parking lot. Fun and good food! I'll miss everyone when I leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Staybridge Suites Miami Doral. We're so glad you enjoy some of our amazing amenities. We feel that these things you love so much are the reasons many guest are able to feel right at home. Thank you again for sharing with other travelers your review.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I have been staying here since June 2012 from PA due to a job offer- we relocated. I believe the staff here do everything in their power to help in any way possible. The staff here are amazing. Guermo the manager is incredible, Chelsea has become like a surrogate sister to me and the cleaning ladies are so friendly and available- very accessible and even remember the name of my pet. The dinners and breakfasts are great. We will be staying here for quite a while longer and appreciate all they do to help us in every way possible. I have to say the shuttle service is second to NONE- They are awesome- Mauricio and Manuel.. thank you so much for your support and service.!!! xoxo
Donna

Room Tip: Try to get one with a balcony- great views- if you cannot the holiday Inn right next door is interco...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing an outstanding review about your stay with us . Our job is to make you feel truly at home and to deliver Great hotels Guest love. I am pleased and overjoyed to share your comments to the Staybridge team. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home and as always it is our pleasure to assist you as part of the our extended family .
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Staybridge is unlike any other hotel, for the fact that I don't even see it as a hotel but a very large house with a very big family. The service is like none other, the staff do everything they possibly can to treat you as part of their family and as I say it's like living in your own home. There is nothing that is too much trouble for anyone. My favorite time is "The Social" every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday where everyone gathers for complimentary food and wine and beer and sit and talk about their day. This is what brings everyone together as one big happy family. The suites are immaculate and have everything you need for the best relaxing stay, from the extremely comfortable beds to the little kitchen to cook up a feast. I truly can't say enough about how fantastic the Staybridge Suites are, absolutely your home away from home with a built-in family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Guillermo D, Manager at Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
That's a great way of describing what our home is like, a very large house. Our entire family would like to thank you for letting the rest of Tripadvisor know how wonderful are and how hard we work to make your stay just like your own home. A little secret, our favorite is the Social Hour too! Thank you again for support and loyalty to our Staybridge Suites Family.

Been to Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area? Share your experiences!