“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Magic City Casino

Magic City Casino
450 NW 37 Ave, Miami, FL 33125 (Allapattah)
888-56-MAGIC
Attraction Details
Miami, Florida
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you order coffee in the poker room with real milk, they charge $1.62 for the milk. The amount is not much, but the principle is all you need to know. Imagine what happens on what you can't see. They sometimes take 20% of the pot with minimal tip. $ 40.00 pot, rake is $ 5.00, Jackpot $ 2.00 and $ 1.00 tip is 20%. This is a not so great casino, no fun, and they are money hungry.

Rochester, NY
5 attraction reviews
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

While visiting we thought we would try this Casino for something a little different. It was different alright. Food that was barely edible, the place was a run down old racetrack, video machines posing as dealers? Save your $ and go to Vegas.

Richmond
22 attraction reviews
“Not great, not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We've visited a number of casinos and the ones in Florida have not been at the top of our list. Magic City was the third we visited in the Miami area and turned out to the most enjoyable. Electronic table games were a negative, but not as bad as I had heard about earlier. The slots had a good variety of familiar games and a reasonable success rate.

Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Enter at your own risk!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was very excited after hearing that one of my fav R&B artist from the 80's Lisa Lisa was performing @ Secadas ( magic city casino). The radio station stated that the concert was "free". I didn't know what type of venue it would be. I definitely didn't expect what I found. A make shift stage in the corner of the race track! When we arrived we were instructed by one of the employees and rudely so, we could not stand in the area, yet another told us we needed a bracelet to be in that area, then a very rude older man shuffled us out of the area and pointed to the bleachers above and told us we had to go there. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life! Later found out it wasn't really free after all. I would've paid to see Lisa Lisa. But would never go back to magic city! Pleas stay away! If you go ENTER @ YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Arlington, VA
“Small but it's a real poker game, what else do you need?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went here for the Hold 'em tables, it's the only game I really know how to play. Small room, not that many tables. No wait on an early Saturday evening. Tables themselves are on the flimsy side for a real casino. Not like those big solid heavy things. Had beer ads on them. No automatic card shufflers. Dealer shuffles maybe 3-4 times manually. I'm from DC and have only been to the Borgata, and Charlestown WV. It's not as nice as either of those. The play was decent though. I was at a table where it varied from checks all around, and 100 dollar bets, large pots. Lots of Spanish at the table, people had to be reminded several times English only. I didn't order any drinks, but I heard they were not free. I stopped and got a burger at the food place upstairs. This place is really small in general. The food area was just one place where you can get pizza, burgers, etc. There were like 4 tables to sit at. It looks out on the greyhound track, didn't get to see any races, should have stuck around to see this. Ended up winning $30 at poker, which was a big deal for me because I had previously never cashed out on top. Was up by $130 at one point but lost it in chunks. I have only been playing for a year, and I play tight (I'm a woman) and maybe guys target me. The action was a little lower than the bigger casinos which was good for me. I noticed a few of the men were just pulling out 100s and rebuying. One or two of the guys were sitting with the money, they seemed to know each other by name and the dealers as well. There were a few off color jokes, and then the dealer or someone would point out there was a lady at the table. I didn't mind though. Nothing too raunchy and I didn't feel uncomfortable. There were at least 3 other women playing that I noticed but I didn't look hard for them.

You can see outside to the track area, it's funny to see daylight. I actually like this. You have to walk outside to use the restroom. It was close to the airport and a quick drive for my friends I was visiting so that was nice. There were mentions of the chips being sticky on yelp, and was expecting this, but the chips in Charlestown are way stickier and I have actually seen a guy throw out double his blind accidentally because of this. The chips were not bad. Maybe they cleaned them.

It was decent, if I drop in to visit Miami again, I will plan to go again. I would eat ahead somewhere else first though.