“Enter at your own risk!!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 88 Attractions in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami's first casino to feature Las Vegas style slot machines! This is Miami's very own casino, built just for you, South Florida, including the only Roulette wheels and Craps tables in Miami. 800 Of the most popular slot machines make up the all-new Magic City Casino. Try your luck!
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Enter at your own risk!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was very excited after hearing that one of my fav R&B artist from the 80's Lisa Lisa was performing @ Secadas ( magic city casino). The radio station stated that the concert was "free". I didn't know what type of venue it would be. I definitely didn't expect what I found. A make shift stage in the corner of the race track! When we arrived we were instructed by one of the employees and rudely so, we could not stand in the area, yet another told us we needed a bracelet to be in that area, then a very rude older man shuffled us out of the area and pointed to the bleachers above and told us we had to go there. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life! Later found out it wasn't really free after all. I would've paid to see Lisa Lisa. But would never go back to magic city! Pleas stay away! If you go ENTER @ YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Visited April 2013

Arlington, VA
“Small but it's a real poker game, what else do you need?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went here for the Hold 'em tables, it's the only game I really know how to play. Small room, not that many tables. No wait on an early Saturday evening. Tables themselves are on the flimsy side for a real casino. Not like those big solid heavy things. Had beer ads on them. No automatic card shufflers. Dealer shuffles maybe 3-4 times manually. I'm from DC and have only been to the Borgata, and Charlestown WV. It's not as nice as either of those. The play was decent though. I was at a table where it varied from checks all around, and 100 dollar bets, large pots. Lots of Spanish at the table, people had to be reminded several times English only. I didn't order any drinks, but I heard they were not free. I stopped and got a burger at the food place upstairs. This place is really small in general. The food area was just one place where you can get pizza, burgers, etc. There were like 4 tables to sit at. It looks out on the greyhound track, didn't get to see any races, should have stuck around to see this. Ended up winning $30 at poker, which was a big deal for me because I had previously never cashed out on top. Was up by $130 at one point but lost it in chunks. I have only been playing for a year, and I play tight (I'm a woman) and maybe guys target me. The action was a little lower than the bigger casinos which was good for me. I noticed a few of the men were just pulling out 100s and rebuying. One or two of the guys were sitting with the money, they seemed to know each other by name and the dealers as well. There were a few off color jokes, and then the dealer or someone would point out there was a lady at the table. I didn't mind though. Nothing too raunchy and I didn't feel uncomfortable. There were at least 3 other women playing that I noticed but I didn't look hard for them.

You can see outside to the track area, it's funny to see daylight. I actually like this. You have to walk outside to use the restroom. It was close to the airport and a quick drive for my friends I was visiting so that was nice. There were mentions of the chips being sticky on yelp, and was expecting this, but the chips in Charlestown are way stickier and I have actually seen a guy throw out double his blind accidentally because of this. The chips were not bad. Maybe they cleaned them.

It was decent, if I drop in to visit Miami again, I will plan to go again. I would eat ahead somewhere else first though.

Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
15 attraction reviews
“Only because I like Texas Holdem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was visiting Miami and wanted to play Texas Holdem. Reviewed the two casinos listed and choose Magic City. Being in Miami, I expected a casino with glitz and glamour-Magic City was not that place. Nevertheless, I only wanted to play holdem. I visited on a Fri and Sat night and each time the tables were full; approximately 20+ tables. The room is smoke free which was a huge plus. I played 2-4 limit and 1-2 NL. My only issue with the casino was the rule of no Spanish at the table during hands. For the most part, the dealers tried their best to enforce this rule (some better than others). As a non-Spanish speaker, it was frustrating that the players were speaking spanish during the hands at the table. The casino advertise on their web site that this rule is enforced, but I can't say they accomplished this task.

Visited March 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
8 attraction reviews
“Smoke Free Casino!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Totally Awesome that you have a Smoke Free Casino! I actually could go in and play a few games and not have smoke blown in my face! Oh .. and I won $80! ha! This was a very clean and updated casino too.

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Not fun at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a not so great casino, no fun, and they are money hungry. no activities and no fun drawings. It always seems that everything is geared toward the elderly locals. The machines hardly ever pay off.

Visited January 2013