“George Thoroughgood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magic City Casino

Magic City Casino
450 NW 37 Ave, Miami, FL 33125 (Allapattah)
+1 888-566-2442
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 120 Attractions in Miami
Type: Casinos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Miami's first casino to feature Las Vegas style slot machines! This is Miami's very own casino, built just for you, South Florida, including the only Roulette wheels and Craps tables in Miami. 800 Of the most popular slot machines make up the all-new Magic City Casino. Try your luck!
Tamarac, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“George Thoroughgood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had heard many advertisements sponsored by "Magic City Casino" yet living in Broward County had never visited this place. Then I heard about the George Thoroughgood Concert and purchased the best tickets available because of the cost. The ticket pricing so very affordable compared to other concert venues nearby. The concert was outdoors and set up very nicely. I liked the outdoor atmosphere and the smaller size of this venue. They also had a bar b que outside to purchase burgers etc. The downside were the lines at the bar. It didn't seem to be adequate for the guests and there were long lines. I will absolutely return to the Magic City Casino...oh by the way, you can also hit the slot machines!

Visited November 2011

Miami Springs, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Good by Miami Standard not By any others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a small casino and poker room.. It's nothing compared to The Hard Rock or The Creek... But it's in Miami and not a 30 minute drive north.. I would still go to Miami Jai-ail casino instead of this one..

SouthFlorida
“The Absolute Worst - Don't Bother!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

On a scale of 1 to 10, this casino rates a negative 10. After what they've pulled in the month of July, I, who frequent local casinos often, will never step foot in there again. As several others have mentioned here, they had a Promotional offer for the month of July: $50 free play, every day in July for Broward County and Monroe County residents and $25 free play for South Dade and North Dade residents. We reside in Broward County. We received the promotional cards in the mail, at home, at the end of June telling us our zip code had been selected to receive the promotion mentioned above. We became players club members of this casino (as we have in every other casino in South Florida), but because we reside in Broward, of course rarely, if ever, go down to any of the Miami casinos! Apparently the promotion was done with the intention of luring Broward slot players down to Miami. It seemed too good to be true, but on Sunday, July 1, we went to see if it was, in fact, for real. Apparently, at first glance, it was. They checked our zip code against our drivers licenses and confirmed that we were, indeed, eligible for the promotion and proceeded to give us each our first $50 free play for July 1. We then returned on July 2, 3, 4, and 5. However, on July 5 they told us the rules had changed! That was the first of many changes they made. The new rules were: Broward residents were to come Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, while Miami folks were to come Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I, of course complained, spoke to managers, told them they couldn't possibly expect anyone to come back to them after July if they did not see through their promotion! I told them clearly they did not think this out or planned well or perhaps hired the cheapest PR company in Miami, but they apparently did not expect EVERYONE to show up! Were they thinking they could put the possibility of $1550 free play in the face of a slot player and they would not jump at that chance? My complaints were a waste of breath and they gave us our $50 to play THAT Thursday but we were told not to return until Sunday. Fine!!!! At that point we figured half a month is better than nothing at all, right? Wrong! We returned on Sunday at 11:00am and, what a surprise, another blocked attempt at getting the promised free play! Rules changed again. Now you would have to get a ticket and return at the allotted time, which in our case was 3:30pm. (In the meantime, we are driving from another COUNTY, at a minimum of 30 miles away for this, so now we have hours to lose while we wait for our "ticketed time." We did leave, went shopping, visited family and returned at 3:30pm to a line of over 100 people, but we got out $50, with a promise that on Tuesday we would not have a problem because "this only happened because it was a Sunday." Next, on Tuesday (July 10), I drive to work in the morning (30 miles) drive home (another 30 miles) pick up my husband, drive to Miami (another 35 miles) only to be told when we arrived that all promotional tickets were gone and the last 100 were given at 1:30 pm, smack in the middle of the work day!!!!!!! No warning, no email, no calls, no heads-up notice. Just drive all the way down there and find this out when you get there. Bottom line, they have no freaking clue what they are doing, they keep changing the story every time so that people get tired and stop coming to pick up their promised promotion. Obviously, without having to "cancel" the promotion, they got what they wanted: for us not to return! And we have no intention of returning! They are a poor excuse for a casino. I would suggest to people in my county, stay put with the ones up by us and to the people in Miami, come to Broward to see how a REAL casino treats their customers and handles their promotions! This place is a disgrace!

St. Petersburg, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“3.2 miles from hotel...great slots experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went for dinner, not pleased with cafe, decided to play slots. Won over $500 in less than 1/2 hour. Great place to have fun! Thank you for breaking up my business week with a some relaxation and fun...and winning!

Visited June 2012
Ft Lauderdale, FL
“STAY AWAY!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This place is horribly run. I have lived in South Florida for 25+ years, and never have I played somewhere so bad. There are many better choices in the area. The management cancels promotions at the drop of a hat, the poker tables claim English only, but the rule is not applied, giving players like me that don't speak Spanish a disadvantage, and I am writing this even though I WON AT THIS CASINO!!! You would be better served trying Mardi Gras, Calder, or the Hard Rock just a half hour away. Don't say I didn't warn you!! This place is the exact opposite of any well run, Vegas casino

---Tony