“Seedy casino” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Magic City Casino

Magic City Casino
450 NW 37 Ave, Miami, FL 33125 (Allapattah)
888-56-MAGIC
pa
52 attraction reviews
“Seedy casino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Visited this casino from a sign we saw on the highway. Upon entering the very big parking lot, you become leery since you have to go around and around to find it. The machines are real tight-tighter than the one in Casino Montreal, one machine that gave me 45 spins only ended in $ 150.00; in other casinos that would have been the jackpot. Smoking is allowed and you can see that the economy is tight since most of the players are playing the minimum lines on the machines. You get prizes upon accumulating enough points. They do not have a hotel. Don't bother with this casino, it is seedy and shady.

Visited May 2012

Arlington, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Average Casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Spent about 3 hours at this Casino. It isn't in the best part of town, but easy to get to. They fly signs over the beach all day, so they obviously are trying to get travelers to visit the casino. My husband played Poker- 2/5. They had a bustling poker room with about 20 tables going. I played slots. Good variety of machines. My only complaint was that they didn't have any other live table games. Black jack and Roulette or the automated machines, which I never quite trust, although I came out $20 ahead on the black jack. Overall, it was a fun evening getaway.

Visited April 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Nothing to shout about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Its just your basic casino. Nothing special. I did win $50 and parking was free.

Visited March 2012
Miami
“If you like gambling without smoke, then this is a good alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We went to Magic City after dinner because our friends love this place. Let me start by saying, my husband and I are NOT gamblers, so if you are an avid gambler take my review with a grain of salt. I was pleasantly surprised since I was very hesitant in going because of my previous experiences in casinos that are not in Las Vegas. The ambiance is an older crowd (50+ inside). What I truly appreciated was the "SMOKE FREE" casino. I've gone to the Miccosukee's and HATE the smoke and the atmosphere! I really liked that the restaurant in Magic City is in in a separate area and there is NO SMOKING! Outside there is an area (with lots of smokers) where there was a stage for shows and also another area for musicians and what looked to be a space so people can dance. We were not very long outside so I truly cannot comment much on the outside. There is a bar outside and inside and the drinks were very reasonably priced and good. Inside they had these 2 elderly gentlemen that played and sang pretty well. They sang in Spanish and in English (with a slight accent) but it was very nice. I can't comment on the food either because we didn't eat there, but it looked pretty good. In the casino area there were slot machines that ranged from 1 cent to $1 and there were also virtual tables for Black Jack with a minimum bet of $10. Like I said I'm not a gambler so I can't comment on the quality of the slot machines and/or tables, but I was pleasantly surprised. There is a separate room for poker players, we didn't go there so I can't comment. If you have nothing to do, stop by even if you don't gamble. There is no charge to go in and you can have a drink (not expensive) and sit and listen to the music and do some people watching. I loved all the security around the place, both inside and outside. There is a cart that is always driving around in the parking lot to take you to the casino and then back to your car. I was hesitant about going because of my previous experience at the Miccosukee but I felt very safe and the NO SMOKING was an absolute bonus! Out side the music platform has signs that say SECADA. I was told that he was there often. I can't comment on the music outside since I was out there for a VERY short while but I was glad I had an open mind and stopped by. We were there approximately 1 hour, but if you gamble, you will probably be there longer. Maybe if it wasn't New Years Eve and we wanted to be at home at midnight we could have seen NY activities there.

Visited December 2011