“If you like gambling without smoke, then this is a good alternative” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magic City Casino

Magic City Casino
450 NW 37 Ave, Miami, FL 33125
Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 204 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami's first casino to feature Las Vegas style slot machines! This is Miami's very own casino, built just for you, South Florida, including the only Roulette wheels and Craps tables in Miami. 800 Of the most popular slot machines make up the all-new Magic City Casino. Try your luck!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“If you like gambling without smoke, then this is a good alternative”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We went to Magic City after dinner because our friends love this place. Let me start by saying, my husband and I are NOT gamblers, so if you are an avid gambler take my review with a grain of salt. I was pleasantly surprised since I was very hesitant in going because of my previous experiences in casinos that are not in Las Vegas. The ambiance is an older crowd (50+ inside). What I truly appreciated was the "SMOKE FREE" casino. I've gone to the Miccosukee's and HATE the smoke and the atmosphere! I really liked that the restaurant in Magic City is in in a separate area and there is NO SMOKING! Outside there is an area (with lots of smokers) where there was a stage for shows and also another area for musicians and what looked to be a space so people can dance. We were not very long outside so I truly cannot comment much on the outside. There is a bar outside and inside and the drinks were very reasonably priced and good. Inside they had these 2 elderly gentlemen that played and sang pretty well. They sang in Spanish and in English (with a slight accent) but it was very nice. I can't comment on the food either because we didn't eat there, but it looked pretty good. In the casino area there were slot machines that ranged from 1 cent to $1 and there were also virtual tables for Black Jack with a minimum bet of $10. Like I said I'm not a gambler so I can't comment on the quality of the slot machines and/or tables, but I was pleasantly surprised. There is a separate room for poker players, we didn't go there so I can't comment. If you have nothing to do, stop by even if you don't gamble. There is no charge to go in and you can have a drink (not expensive) and sit and listen to the music and do some people watching. I loved all the security around the place, both inside and outside. There is a cart that is always driving around in the parking lot to take you to the casino and then back to your car. I was hesitant about going because of my previous experience at the Miccosukee but I felt very safe and the NO SMOKING was an absolute bonus! Out side the music platform has signs that say SECADA. I was told that he was there often. I can't comment on the music outside since I was out there for a VERY short while but I was glad I had an open mind and stopped by. We were there approximately 1 hour, but if you gamble, you will probably be there longer. Maybe if it wasn't New Years Eve and we wanted to be at home at midnight we could have seen NY activities there.

Visited December 2011