“Excellant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Spirit

Caribbean Spirit
401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside Market Place and Marina, Miami, FL 33142 (Downtown)
305-744-1355
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 234 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome aboard the Caribbean Spirit offering public sailing cruises and private yacht charters for individuals, small & large private & corporate groups aboard South Florida’s newest most spacious and comfortable fleet of catamarans. Sail Parasail Jetski Watersports 1/2 day Adventure pass.
montreal
“Excellant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great friendly crew. We were warmly welcomed on board. The whole crew made
our experience rewarding. Great views of Miami and we got some time to play in the
water even thought the weather was on the chilly side.

Wakefield
9 attraction reviews
“Great Miami experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I took the Carribean Spirit tour out of Bayside and thoroughly enjoyed it. A nice boat, great views of Miami, excellent (real!) sailing, plus the added bonus of anchoring in a protected area for swimming and snorkeling. Crew of Capt Terry, Diego, and Guillermo were friendly and helpful. We winter in Miami every year and this was one of the better attractions we've participated in. Highly recommended.

Be sure to take bathing suit and towel, and a sandwich/snack. Free bevs on board.

Tifton, Georgia
“BEYOND EXPECTATIONS; HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

As a Georgia resident visiting Miami for the dual-weekend explosion of madness known as Ultra 15, I am so grateful I thought ahead and planned some relaxing activities to bring my heart rate down and my sobriety up. When I found this Groupon, I did a little searching before purchasing so I wouldn't find myself stuck on some cheesy, "touristy" boat in the Atlantic for a couple hours. After reading the website information and reading the excellent reviews, I courageously clicked my way to a "shiny new Grouon."

Since Ultra reigns the landscape of downtown Miami, I had no idea where to park, walk to, etc. I called and was greeted with a friendly staff member who gave descriptive instructions to help me park and get there with no problem. Upon arrival, the two gentlemen who were there to help customers were friendly, funny, and participated in my silly banter. They gave specific instructions on when and where to meet up for the walk to the boat.

When we arrived at the boat, the staff members were smiling, happy, and ready to help in any way they could. They offered a hand to help the ladies on board and instructed everyone where to go. There was no confusion at any point on this adventure amongst the passengers because we were given explicit directions every step of the way.

To say the staff members exceeded expectations is an understatement. These guys truly love what they do, and want everyone on board to enjoy it as much as they do. Captain Terry, Joe, and Guillermo were simply amazing. They had enthusiasm, made everyone smile, and made sure all of our needs were met. They took pictures for the passengers, explained safety procedures, served drinks, navigated our journey, and had friendly, casual conversation with us while smiling the entire time.

There is no doubt I will be a returning customer; Groupon or not. Thank you guys for an AMAZING time. I can only hope to find other businesses with fantastic customer service like this. Keep that up!

Miami Beach, Florida
“Peaceful, serene and a great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am a local Miami Beach resident and I have gone on various sunset cruises whenever we have company visiting us. Caribbean Spirit (also found at www.tropicalsailing.com) is the best one by far. We did a sunset cruise on March 9th, 2013. We had purchased a groupon thinking it was for a different catamaran cruise we had done before. I am SO glad we were wrong because Caribbean Spirit was much better!! The other one leaves from Brickell, but Caribbean Spirit leaves from Bayside. This was actually annoying because parking was a nightmare, but it was worth it in the end.

The cruise goes out to sea and actually sails (unlike the company that leaves from Brickell).

Things to know:
- plan ahead for parking. The parking lot right next to pier was full and ALL lots and garages downtown take cash only. Also, check the Heat schedule. There was a Heat game (right next door) so almost every lot was full and charging $20-25 cash. ATMs can be hard to find. Plan ahead and leave yourself enough time to find appropriate parking. We almost missed the boat but we were lucky and they held the boat for us.

- Bring your booze. They do give you a complementary glass of champagne but allow you to bring your own booze. We brought a small cooler with three bottles of wine for four of us.

- Bring a blanket or jacket. It can get chilly out on the water. We were fine because we had jackets and we lent our blanket to couple of chilly girls.

- Bring some hand sanitizer. The bathroom did not have any soap.

Visited March 2013
“Relaxing and Beautiful Views of Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Bought the Groupon for $25 admission to the Sunset Champagne Cruise, and it was well worth it. There were only about a dozen guests aboard (probably because it was a random Wednesday in early March), so it was basically a private trip on the huge catamaran. Our crew of Joe, Guillermo, and Captain Adam did an excellent job and went out of there way to get us drinks, take pictures, and point out sights. We each got a free glass of champagne, as well as complimentary soda and water, and beer and wine were available for $3. Parking costs about $6 in the garage for the mall on the marina, and I don't think there was anywhere free nearby. All in all, and excellent deal and a great way for couples, families, or friends to spend an evening.