“What can I say....dudes nail it every time!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Spirit

Caribbean Spirit
401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside Market Place and Marina, Miami, FL 33142 (Downtown)
305-744-1355
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 233 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome aboard the Caribbean Spirit offering public sailing cruises and private yacht charters for individuals, small & large private & corporate groups aboard South Florida’s newest most spacious and comfortable fleet of catamarans. Sail Parasail Jetski Watersports 1/2 day Adventure pass.
Boston, MA
“What can I say....dudes nail it every time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've gone out sailing with these guys a few times now, and it's been absolutely fantastic every time. They are professional, friendly, accommodating, the boat is clean, the ride is awesome, Miami is a GREAT PLACE to be out on the ocean. This is an ABSOLUTE MUST for tourists - I don't let any of my visitors stay without trying this - and they have ALL loved it!!!

Visited October 2012

“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Had a really good time, the crew was really cool I would love to do it again. Really recommend it to everyone

“Joe is AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Everyone must do this at least once a month during the sunny times! It's amazing! The crew was great & the catamaran was beautiful & spacious! We had a lot of fun things to keep us occupied: sailing, snorkeling & even a trampoline! Awesome time!((:

Miami Lakes, Florida, United States
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had a group of 21 people that all booked through Living Social. It was hard coordinating my group due to their schedules. However, your staff was very helpful about our booking and we finally got our group in. My group had a blast. We all took turns jumping off the boat & to the trampoline & watermat. Most of us didn't do the snorkeling thing because of the mouthpieces and we didn't think of bringing our own. We truly enjoyed ourselves. I'm not sure if it was possible, but my suggestion would to maybe add some more upbeat music, some soca, reggae, calypso, salsa, merengue, rock...look at the crowd or perhaps take music suggestions...the catamaran is called Carribean Spirit let it come through...other than that, I can only say great things and THANK YOU for the great time and memories!!!

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Florida
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

For starters, I booked this trip for a group of 4 people, including myself. I am a very understanding person and awknowledge that living in florida raises the chances for unexpected weather changes at any given time. However, on Sunday September 23, 2012, there was a light rain begining at 11:45 when we were informend that the boat was still going to set sail at noon. As we borded the boat and looked to the west the sky was filled with blackness as it appeared there was a severe storm coming. The captain continued to proceed with the sail and away we went with a huge storm on our tail. I know that the captains intentions were good, and I understand that no one likes to loose money. I mean after all, I spent over $200 on this booking. But, he ended up taking us on a 2 hour detour, trying to out run the storm in which ended up being unsucessful. At around 2:15 pm we arrived to the snorkling reef and could bearly get into the water. The current was so strong that the moment that you used all your strength to try to swim out, it had pushed you right back to the boat. The water was so choppy and high that you could not even see the artificial reef nor could you begin to touch the ground. In the disclaimer it states that Tropical Sailing will sail in a light rain, but I feel that this was a complete waste of our, the patron's, time and money. They offered no type of compensation for our troubles. Like I said before, I understand that weather changes, and people need to make money. But for people like myself and my group. we do not get to come down to Miami often, nor was this a cheap excursion for us(I was told by several people on the boat that they only paid $20 for the excursion). I cannot say anything bad about the staff other than use of poor judgment on the Captain's behalf. It was definetly a disappointment.

Visited September 2012
sailfla, Manager at Caribbean Spirit, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Sailing is our passion and our primary goal in this business is to share our love for sailing and our Tropical Waters with our guests and provide the best experience possible. Unfortunately sometimes mother nature does not fully cooperate. In these instances as in this case we always offer gift certificates (a rain check) to join us at any future date without expiration because we want our guests to be happy. On these day many of the guests still had a great time despite the weather conditions.