“AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean Spirit

Caribbean Spirit
401 Biscayne Blvd, Bayside Market Place and Marina, Miami, FL 33142 (Downtown)
305-744-1355
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 179 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Welcome aboard the Caribbean Spirit offering public sailing cruises and private yacht charters for individuals, small & large private & corporate groups aboard South Florida’s newest most spacious and comfortable fleet of catamarans. Sail Parasail Jetski Watersports 1/2 day Adventure pass.
Miami Lakes, Florida, United States
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had a group of 21 people that all booked through Living Social. It was hard coordinating my group due to their schedules. However, your staff was very helpful about our booking and we finally got our group in. My group had a blast. We all took turns jumping off the boat & to the trampoline & watermat. Most of us didn't do the snorkeling thing because of the mouthpieces and we didn't think of bringing our own. We truly enjoyed ourselves. I'm not sure if it was possible, but my suggestion would to maybe add some more upbeat music, some soca, reggae, calypso, salsa, merengue, rock...look at the crowd or perhaps take music suggestions...the catamaran is called Carribean Spirit let it come through...other than that, I can only say great things and THANK YOU for the great time and memories!!!

Melbourne, Florida
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

For starters, I booked this trip for a group of 4 people, including myself. I am a very understanding person and awknowledge that living in florida raises the chances for unexpected weather changes at any given time. However, on Sunday September 23, 2012, there was a light rain begining at 11:45 when we were informend that the boat was still going to set sail at noon. As we borded the boat and looked to the west the sky was filled with blackness as it appeared there was a severe storm coming. The captain continued to proceed with the sail and away we went with a huge storm on our tail. I know that the captains intentions were good, and I understand that no one likes to loose money. I mean after all, I spent over $200 on this booking. But, he ended up taking us on a 2 hour detour, trying to out run the storm in which ended up being unsucessful. At around 2:15 pm we arrived to the snorkling reef and could bearly get into the water. The current was so strong that the moment that you used all your strength to try to swim out, it had pushed you right back to the boat. The water was so choppy and high that you could not even see the artificial reef nor could you begin to touch the ground. In the disclaimer it states that Tropical Sailing will sail in a light rain, but I feel that this was a complete waste of our, the patron's, time and money. They offered no type of compensation for our troubles. Like I said before, I understand that weather changes, and people need to make money. But for people like myself and my group. we do not get to come down to Miami often, nor was this a cheap excursion for us(I was told by several people on the boat that they only paid $20 for the excursion). I cannot say anything bad about the staff other than use of poor judgment on the Captain's behalf. It was definetly a disappointment.

Visited September 2012
sailfla, Manager at Caribbean Spirit, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Sailing is our passion and our primary goal in this business is to share our love for sailing and our Tropical Waters with our guests and provide the best experience possible. Unfortunately sometimes mother nature does not fully cooperate. In these instances as in this case we always offer gift certificates (a rain check) to join us at any future date without expiration because we want our guests to be happy. On these day many of the guests still had a great time despite the weather conditions.
Bohemia, New York
“Great day with Kier and Adam from Tropical Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had the greatest day today Sailing along the coast of Ft. Lauderdale with Kier and Adam our tour guides . Not only was the water beautiful, we stopped along the way for a stroll on the beach and a quick swim. I highly recommend Tropical Sailing.

Miami, Florida, United States
“Great way to enjoy Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went one a 4-hour trip on this boat sailing and snorkeling. The staff was very friendly and we had a great time on the boat and in the water. I would recommend this for locals looking for something fun to do as well as visitors looking to enjoy the Florida sun and waters.

Florence, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Worth it! Fun in the sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

What a great way to take in city views, play in the water (jet ski, paddle board, kayak, trampoline, etc) and enjoy a day. Best 4 hours of our week long visit.

Been to Caribbean Spirit? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Caribbean Spirit, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.