“A GREAT SUPRISE” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Buxton Derbyshire in the High Peak Forest
“A GREAT SUPRISE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant by accident and went in to a wonderful place.
The staff are so friendly and the service was excellent.
A great little Cuban hideaway. Tables and decor was a suprise , real CUBAN food, black bean soup was amazing.
At 7pm a local CUBAN lady comes in and started playing the piano.

A wonderful place to visit

Visited May 2013

Miami
“Home Comming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

By far nd without any doubt the best Cuban restaurant in town. You pay 3 to 5 dollars more average plate versus other Cuban restaurants "however" the plate sizes are larger here and every plate is a resounding 10 out of 10. Flavors galore ! On Saturdays they arry the Cuban Roast Pork special which is the best I've had and 1 plate can actually feed 2 persons, but beware you must reserve early afternoon and let let them know you're going for the "Lechon". You have a choice of white or dark meat. On Saturdays they also carry the Langostinos A La Brasa: 3 huge jumbo type shrimps, butterflied and grilled to perfection with slithers of garlic. The 6 halves are huge ! Bon Apetite ...

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great discovery, worth returning.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

For my first time in Miami, I happened to stay nearby to this place. Having never been exposed to Cuban cuisine, I thought to give this place a try. I'm glad I did. I explained to the waiter that this was my first experience and asked for suggestions. When he mentioned fish in a garlic sauce, I couldn't resist! I ended up with Grouper, topped with shrimp and garlic. There were enough thick slices of garlic, that I had a slice on every bite! The yellow rice was not especially note-worthy, but the fried plantains were amazing. Topped off with a house red and finished with a tropical fruit flan, this meal was well worth the walk, and the price was reasonable, too. I think I was the only one on my side of the room who didn't speak Spanish, but that - to me - just added to the atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
FFB, AR
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our seat mate on the airplane asked if we liked Cuban food. She recommended La Rosa, as she is Cuban. Well, if you like food don't go there! What a restaurant! There were four of us and we all were very impressed with our meals. The Osso Bucco is without a doubt the best I have ever had. The seafood platter that is shared had so much food on it that our friends couldn't eat it all. Another reviewer mentioned the mojitos, they are correct, have at least one! We were fortunate enough to have been there when the piano player was playing which just added that much more to a wonderful evening.

• Visited April 2013
Key Biscayne, Florida
“Some of the best Cuban Cuisine in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had not been here in quite a while. I was very impressed with the quality of the food. We had Fufu de Platano (Smashed Plantains with Pork Rinds) and Frituras de Malanga (Malanga Fritters) and both were some of the best in a long time. We also had the Crab Meat in Creole Sauce (Outstanding) and the Fried Pork with Tamal on Leave. All the food was excellent, although not the healthiest! We had a take out order of Arroz Frito (Chinese Fried Rice), a surprising choice for a Cuban Restaurant, but a friend had recommended it. I lived in Hong Kong and know a thing or two about fried rice, this is the best I ever had in Miami. On the other hand, Cuba had a great tradition of Cantonese food so it's understandable. The Mojitos were superb!
The cost for two including tip was $92. The portions are huge. GREAT!

• Visited April 2013