“Nice Rooms - Slow Shuttle - Strange Restaurant Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33134   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Rooms - Slow Shuttle - Strange Restaurant Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

After researching what seemed like every hotel in Miami, we settled on this one because it was new and we could get a grand opening discount. The hotel is very nice, as you would expect from a brand new hotel, and the rooms are very comfortable. The shuttle service, though, is marginal.

When we arrived at the airport, we immediately called for a pickup and were told that the shuttle runs every 30 minutes. OK - so we went outside and waited and waited and waited.... After 45 minutes, I called back and was told it was on its way. When the driver picked us up about 5 minutes later, he said that he would take us immediately back to the hotel even though someone else was waiting at the airport to be picked up. By the time he took us back, unloaded our luggage and brought everything to our rooms, another half hour had passed. I only hope the party he thought was waiting was us.

Since it was late and we were tired, we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. The menu that was presented to us had a lunch section with sandwiches, etc. and a dinner section with full meal entrees. We asked if we could order a sandwich from the lunch menu and were told "only through room service". Huh? If I want a sandwich, I can go to my room, order it, and bring it back to the restaurant to eat it? Or maybe I could ask room service to deliver it to my table in the restaurant? It's the same kitchen, right? We didn't understand that logic at all and, if we hadn't been so tired, would have gone to eat somewhere else. We saw another group come in and also try to order a sandwich. They didn't stay. The meal that we did have was quite tasty but very expensive and more than we really wanted. As a new hotel, they might want to re-examine their menu offerings.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

We used to travel a lot and stay in very good and fancy hotels in Europe,but since i stopped working in order to stay home with our two little ones,we are financially cautious. This hotel is definitely not your average "best western". New and modern, which is hard to find in Miami for decent $. Most of the so called "new" hotels are old ones with minor cosmetic updates (like new mattresses). We had a beautiful contemporary suite,very spacious, with mini fridge, coffee maker,flat tv, king size bed and pull out sofa. I booked it on best western website."grand opening special" rate plan gave the best price ($144/night including all taxes and breakfast.parking is free!) . it also offers a free shuttle to the airport. we stayed in the hotel for one night after the cruise and were taking an early flight home. Rented a car for the day to go to "Jungle island" (perfect for our 2 and 3 year old) and for a very nice ride and walk to a Crandon Park in Key Biscayne. Would definitely recommend this hotel, unless you are planning to spend the whole time in Miami beach.I spent days searching for a good hotel in Miami (turned out to be the hardest task ever), so i hope to save somebody a headache with my review.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stay here it was a shopping trip/ vacation trip.
Verry nice, clean Hotel!!
The people are really nice and the service was great.

one thing the restaurant has not many seats zo you need to get up urly to have a good breakfast and a nice seat!!

One thing missing is a save deposit to keep you things save!!

Location was perfect.

Trumbull, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

People have a choice where to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE! My family and I stayed 5 nights and on our last night, while we were away, someone broke into our rooms and stole about $3000 dollars worth of electronics, jewelry and other items. Management and the owners have not take action nor responsibility on this matter. It looks like a tool was used to pry our doors open and gain entry. Worst experience ever. If you want to get robbed, go ahead stay at this horrible place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night for work in January 2011. Arrived at noon and was told that check-in couldn't happen until 3 pm. Didn't get my room until 3:30 pm. No shampoo in bathroom. Adjoining door to next room made even quiet conversations in next room sound like they were taking place in my own room. Desk staff called my room at 5 pm to tell me my shuttle was ready (ummmm...I didn't order a shuttle). Spouse called the hotel that evening and was told by staff that they didn't have me listed as staying there...ten minutes on hold later - call was put through to my room. Website lists complimentary breakfast however no staff made mention of this during check-in or at any other point during the stay.
The place has potential (outdoor pool, free business centre computers, good exercise room, close to airport) and I can understand the growing pains for a new hotel with new staff however I stay at a hotel to get rest and the rooms allow far too much noise (even just normal conversations) from adjoining rooms and hallways.
Wouldn't stay here again unless they could make the place quieter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before going on a cruise. They had a free shuttle from the Miami Airport, and Free Continental Breakfast, and very cheap shuttle arrangements to the Port of Miami. They also did not charge for use of the computers in the lobby which was great. We were not expecting anything too fancy, especially since we find Florida in general to be a hot, humid, mildewy kind of place, with Miami having had its hayday a long time back. So we were very surprised with the hotel -- it was fully renovated, modern, and very clean. The room was beautifully outfitted with a mini fridge, a widescreen lcd tv, big windows, and the bed was fantastic. It is far enough away from the airport that we didn't hear airplanes going all night long, and although the location wasn't the greatest for nearby attractions such as Miami beach, if you just needed a place to stay before leaving Miami, it was a great value. We got a room through Expedia for $137, then we stayed at another Best Western on South Beach after the cruise for $200 and it was very disappointing that we spent so much more on a much grungier hotel on Miami Beach, plus $70 shuttle from the port and a $32 cab ride to the airport, when we had such a clean, modern hotel at the Premier. One piece of advice I would give to travellers is if you want a place to sit in the restaurant for breakfast before a cruise leaves, you need to get in early, otherwise you will be eating cereal standing up with whatever utensils you can scrounge -- if you're lucky enough to grab a plate and utensils in time.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about this property. It's clean, conveniently located close to the Airport, not too far away from major shopping malls or Downtown Miami, and everything in the property is brand new

I recommend staying in the suites as they are more spacious and comfortable. I absolutely LOVED the pillows and bed I slept in - had the best sleep in a very long time. Also, the hotel offers complimentary Airport Shuttle, Breakfast, and High Speed Internet.

My only complaint is that Breakfast ends early (6-9am), would be nice if breakfast was available for an hour longer. Also, the hotel should consider having more than one person at the Front Desk more often to decrease longer than average waits. However, all Front Desk Staff were pleasant and very helpful

I stayed for 3 nights and would stay again in a heartbeat when in Miami for a short stay

Email me if you have any questions

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Address: 4100 Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33134
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
#8 Best Value Hotel in Miami
#25 Romantic Hotel in Miami
#29 Business Hotel in Miami
#32 Family Hotel in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites 3*
The BEST WESTERN PREMIER MIA Hotel & Suites is centrally located and accessible within minutes from the MIA airport and Port of Miami. This brand new concept features 144 smoke-free contemporary upscale rooms and suites. Guests may enjoy complimentary amenities such as transportation to/from MIA airport and Wi-Fi. Hotel also offers a full bar/restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, top of the line fitness center and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel And Suites
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel Miami

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.