After researching what seemed like every hotel in Miami, we settled on this one because it was new and we could get a grand opening discount. The hotel is very nice, as you would expect from a brand new hotel, and the rooms are very comfortable. The shuttle service, though, is marginal.
When we arrived at the airport, we immediately called for a pickup and were told that the shuttle runs every 30 minutes. OK - so we went outside and waited and waited and waited.... After 45 minutes, I called back and was told it was on its way. When the driver picked us up about 5 minutes later, he said that he would take us immediately back to the hotel even though someone else was waiting at the airport to be picked up. By the time he took us back, unloaded our luggage and brought everything to our rooms, another half hour had passed. I only hope the party he thought was waiting was us.
Since it was late and we were tired, we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. The menu that was presented to us had a lunch section with sandwiches, etc. and a dinner section with full meal entrees. We asked if we could order a sandwich from the lunch menu and were told "only through room service". Huh? If I want a sandwich, I can go to my room, order it, and bring it back to the restaurant to eat it? Or maybe I could ask room service to deliver it to my table in the restaurant? It's the same kitchen, right? We didn't understand that logic at all and, if we hadn't been so tired, would have gone to eat somewhere else. We saw another group come in and also try to order a sandwich. They didn't stay. The meal that we did have was quite tasty but very expensive and more than we really wanted. As a new hotel, they might want to re-examine their menu offerings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PREMIER MIA Hotel & Suites is centrally located and accessible within minutes from the MIA airport and Port of Miami. This brand new concept features 144 smoke-free contemporary upscale rooms and suites. Guests may enjoy complimentary amenities such as transportation to/from MIA airport and Wi-Fi. Hotel also offers a full bar/restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, top of the line fitness center and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel Miami