You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Miami
A TripAdvisor Member
“Easy to locate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very clean modern and comfortable Had a room that morning sunlight came in Free Parking Interesting part of town Nice drive through town to downtown beaches and A1A Close to airport and shuttle available

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

In my haste to check out and catch the $10.00 shuttle to the port of Miami, I had forgotten my medications in the room refrigerator. The medications were in a clear plastic bag CLEARLY showing the prescription label on the boxes. The labels had my name and prescriptions showing CLEARLY through the clear plastic bag. Later that evening when I realized I had forgotten my medications I called the Hotel and was given the run around and was told that the cleaning thought it was food. The medication cost $300.00 plus. As an insulin dependent diabetic it was important to me that the hotel would have stored it and at least sent a message to my email letting me know that they have it. But no! The cleaning lady threw my medications out. I was told that she thought it was food. How ridiculous when does anyone ever label food with a prescription label. When I asked who would be responsible for replacing the cost of my medication I kept getting the run around. I was told that I would be getting an email detailing what the hotel intended to do about it - guess what NO Email. I will keep following up on this.
Anyone with half a brain can recognize the difference between food and a prescription label in a sealed box. I knew they will try to say it was my fault for forgetting the medications, but when it was found, all they needed to do was to store it for me in the fridge for my return. Because I was unable to get my medications back it cause very high sugar levels and vision problems. If I had gotten my meds back I could have tried to regulate my sugar levels. My Heavenly Father helped me get back home where I got some help with my medications.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The airport shuttle did not arrive for his 12:30pm pick up schedule! We were left waiting for 54 minutes at airport! No apologies were offered and the driver was rude to us when he finally arrived. The people from hotel tried to lie to us and say we were at wrong location point for pick up. The guy never came at 12:30, we arrived at 2nd fl departure doors at 12:07 and called hotel at 12:20 and were told he was going to be at airport in 9 minutes. At 12:45 we called back and they changed story to 1:00pm and insisted we were not in proper location at 12:30! It was a lie, shuttle arrived at 1:18! Rooms were not ready till after 3:00pm. Requested manager assistance on multiply occasions while sitting in lobby and was told he was not in today! All lies, manager walked around in pink shirt on his cell phone entire time i had to sit in lobby waiting on room. Nothing was done about the late shuttle or the late check in. There was plenty of staff on duty behind desk but only one person was left to operate desk. He had to answer phones, check in guests, store luggage, retrieve luggage and offer impotent apologies! There was no doorman and no bellhop and area of hotel is oppressed and unsafe. This place should not be allowed to call themselves a hotel. I will never stay at Best Western again! For a few dollars more I could have stayed at a reputable hotel in a safe location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a good choice for overnight stay. Rooms were nice, clean and quiet.

We used free shuttle bus which runs every half hour. At the airport, just wait the correct Best Western shuttle in front of the terminal.

If you need clean and quiet hotel for a short stay, which is close to airport, I can recommend this one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmwood Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stay at the Best Western Premier Miami International a couple of times to and from Port of Spain, Trinidad. The shower is huge and powerful with lots of towels and personal toiletries. Also, the microwave, fridge, iron and iron board. The restaurant food is great and reasonably priced. The shuttle bus drivers are pleasant and on time. In conjunction, the receptionist will direct you to the internet for a discounted price if offered. This facility is spotless and worth the money. Yes, I will stay there again. Book on Expedia for discounts.

Room Tip: Although I did not have a reservation the second time I was welcomed at the airport as well as the H...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Sadfully I couldn't stay any longer beacuse I just stayed overnight, but from the first time I got there I was excited about the place and I was very well received.
Loved the room, big, very well decorated and comfortable.
The location was perfect, near to almost anything we needed.
And excellent breakfast.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Where to begin…

Firstly, I'll get the actual room/location review done - the room itself was clean and comfortable, but the location of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired (not much around, didn't feel safe walking around at night).

My partner and I booked the hotel in June 2013, to stay in November 2013. After booking, we sent an email advising the hotel that due to a late flight arrival we will not arrive until (and I quote) “after 1am”. They responded stating this will be fine and they will put a memo on our reservation so our room will not be given up. This never happened.
1.10am on November 17 2013, we arrive at the hotel after 8 hours worth of flights. The girl at check-in is clearly shocked that there are guests wanting to check in, and spends a long time calling her manager in the middle of the night and frantically trying to find a room for us. She informs us that as soon as it passed midnight we forfeited our booking for the night, and someone else was given our room. We show her the email we received stating the late check-in, and she says no memo was ever put on the reservation and there are no rooms available. She asks us to forward her the email and she verifies that it was, indeed, sent by someone working at the hotel. She once again calls her manager and spends several minutes on the phone – not speaking in English, though, which we did not find comforting (as someone who works in customer service, I really think if you are dealing with an English-speaking customer then you should speak English while dealing with their reservation – for all we know she could have been rubbishing us to her manager). She gets off the phone and says to us “the issue is you said you would be here around 1am. It is now 1.40”, but quickly backtracked when we reminded her she has been dealing with us for at least half an hour already!

Eventually she found us a room at another hotel for the night (which was a complete dump and cost us $168 including tax) – it was not through a Best Western so apparently we had to foot the bill up-front and would be compensated “on Tuesday, when the manager is in” (this happened early Sunday morning). The girl also promised she would ensure we could arrive at any time in the morning and a room will be ready for us. We left for the night, and we acknowledged the blame lay with whoever said they would enter a late arrival memo, but never did.

The next morning, just before 11am, we arrive back and encounter a very, very rude check-in girl who didn’t care about the mistakes the hotel had made and refused to give us a room, even though there was a note behind the counter regarding us and despite being promised a room when we arrived. She kept stating “housekeeping starts at 9, but check-out time is not until 12”… what exactly is housekeeping doing for 3 hours, then? Does nobody in the Miami Airport area ever check out of their room before midday? Lo and behold, within 10 minutes a room was magically clean and ready for us.

We thought that would be the end of the issues, but the next morning (Monday) we decided we would try the breakfast, which we assumed would be provided. How foolish of us. Don’t fall for the sign that only states “Breakfast served from 6am to 9am” – the staff will wait until you are seated to ask for a breakfast voucher, or if one isn’t available you will be charged (ended up being $30 for two people). The lady in charge of billing for the breakfast became incredibly rude when questioned why the sign does not mention that breakfast is not complimentary. It was also at this point we realised other cars had Best Western parking vouchers on their dashboards/mirrors, and another visit to check-in revealed we should have been given one but weren’t.

On Tuesday, we went to see the manager as we had been told she would be in on that day. First, the receptionist called her, once again did not speak in English (who knows what she said about us), then told us she was currently in her office with someone. We waited 15 minutes, then asked again, and was told by the same person that they weren’t in at all. Upon asking again 10 minutes later, the manager was suddenly in her office again and within 30 seconds we were talking to her face-to-face. Strangely, she said she hadn’t heard of our check-in issue (we are positive it was the same manager the girl spoke to on the phone, why else would she tell us she would be in on this particular day if it was a completely different manager?) and promised we would have an outcome by the end of the day.

On Wednesday, we came back to our room to find housekeeping had visited even though we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door (and we always double check that it's on DND, not the one asking for housekeeping).

By Thursday, check-out day, we hadn’t heard ANYTHING regarding our issues. At check-out, the receptionist (the same girl who gave us 3 different whereabouts of the manager on Tuesday), was incredibly rude, gave no eye contact, and was incredibly gruff (the only words she spoke involved growling “WHAT’S YOUR NAME?” across to me), and gave a lot of attitude when we asked for a receipt.

I took this opportunity to email the manager (Zahina) and ask for the status of the refund for the night we were promised. I also noted the issues we had with the hotel, such as the rude staff. In the end, the manager wasn’t much better – I received two emails from her, both of them simply forwarded emails from the booking company handling our refund. Never received any kind of personal apology for the check-in errors or rude and unprofessional staff. In the end, we were only refunded the $118 we paid for the first night at the Best Western, even though the hotel we were sent to set us back $168 (and not entirely sure why they asked the company we booked through to refund the money, as far as we are concerned this was Best Western’s mistake, not the booking company’s).

Three days in a row our key cards (2 of them) stopped working, and we guessed that every day they stopped working they were only updated for an additional day instead of up to our check out day. They tried to tell us it was caused by interference from electronics, but we weren’t convinced considering one card was always left in the car when we went out and was never up against any phones, cameras, etc.

This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at where I literally dreaded returning to it every evening. That may sound petty, however it is run by the rudest staff who seem to try any effort to get more money out of their guests, and they can try whatever they want to compensate us for this experience, but we will not be returning and will dissuade whoever we can from staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Address: 4100 Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33134
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
#11 Best Value Hotel in Miami
#28 Romantic Hotel in Miami
#30 Business Hotel in Miami
#33 Family Hotel in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites 3*
The BEST WESTERN PREMIER MIA Hotel & Suites is centrally located and accessible within minutes from the MIA airport and Port of Miami. This brand new concept features 144 smoke-free contemporary upscale rooms and suites. Guests may enjoy complimentary amenities such as transportation to/from MIA airport and Wi-Fi. Hotel also offers a full bar/restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, top of the line fitness center and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel And Suites
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel Miami

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.