“Close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #31 of 129 hotels in Miami
Hamar
“Close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is close to the airport, and let's us get most of our last day here.
Besides that, I wouldn't stay on this hotel - I'de rather pick a hotel closer to the city center or the beach area.
The rooms are new and clean, and there is free wifi.
The pool area is small, and so is the fitnes center with only one running machine, one bike and some weights.
We didn't have breakfast here, but I understand that the logistics isn't great, resulting with people eating in ques.
For us this is an ok hotel for the last night of our stay, but for the rest of the nights we would pick another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013

881 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pennsyvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed at some pretty crappy Best Westerns but this by far was the absolute best experience I've had. Two days before staying here I stayed at what was supposed to be a more upscale hotel and this Best Western was far better. Made me wish I had booked all my nights here. The staff seemed a little overwhelmed but they were pleasant and the room amenities were absolutely incredible. I was a little sad that I was only staying one night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is nice & the rooms are just like the pictures online. The only problem is the staff. They are very rude & impatient. Thanks to the staff I would never stay at this hotel again. We checked in on July 11th & stayed thru July 13th so we could catch a cruise. Well immediately upon check in the clerk was like I need credit card for payment plus $40 incidentals. I'm like excuse me what happened to check in, hold funds for check in & then pay upon departure. Very rude response "that's not how it works. We charge u full price plus $40 for incidentals. Upon check out we release the first charge & charge you the price of the room". Absolutely crazy. I tried explaining to the clerk that even though she releases the hold on her end it does not release the hold on the bank end for 3 to 5 business days. Meaning both charges will show pending tying up double what the customer expected to have tied up. She didn't care. Her response " not her problem since her computer say she released the funds". I've stayed at a few Best Westerns & have never had this problem. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Room 225 is nice but overlooks the city. Another hotel probably even better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Excellent Southern hospitality. Will stay again! Perfect location near Miami International Airport. The Best Western Hotels are one of the best chain of hotels to stay in when you travel. They are reasonably priced, clean, comfortable rooms and excellent service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel is in a very convenient location, which is not far from airport, but also not too close either. The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff. Parking available downstairs and easily accessible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

St. George's, Grenada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 and had a nice experience. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service. My check-in was quick and easy and I was offered a couple of discount cards to redeem at the on-site restaurant. Room was large, clean and included a safe, microwave, fridge, and workstation. Bed was very comfortable and sheets were clean.

The restaurant is on the ground floor and doesn't have much staff which meant that I had to wait a bit to get my order. The food was good (made to order) and the service was nice, except for the waiting.

The location is ok and there are several other eating options and a few attractions within walking distance. Though close to the airport, I did not have any noises from the planes and had a peaceful night.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would love to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were here for two days due to an American Airlines problem with plane and subsequent missed connection. I was amazingly surprised. Easy to get shuttle at airport to hotel, front desk staff friendly and let us check in early. Room clean, refurbished, tasteful, had large safe, fridge, clean new bed with nice sheets and free internet in room as well. Couldn't work out how to use the clock radio, but not an issue. Our room backed onto the elevator, but heard no noise at all. Bathroom also nice (standard sort of thing but modern countertops). Other guests photos are representative of the room style.

No noise from airport, which is only 10 mins away by convenient shuttle that ran every half hour (on hour and at half past). So it isn't under the flight path.

I wouldn't usually choose to eat in the airport hotel, there were other alternatives "chain eateries" within walkable distance, but our vouchers from the airline for meals only covered the airport restaurants and the hotel we were staying at, hence we ate there. The food was actually very good. Dinner was not pre-prepared (like a chain restaurant) and was cooked to order. I had two fresh fish dinners during my stay and both were genuinely very nice, cooked by someone who knew how to cook fish, elegantly served and tasty. My only complaint and very minor would be they serve mashed potatoes and spinach with everything, but have steamed vegetables on the menu as a side dish. They could ring the changes, as it did make for fun reading with the menu with everything served with "spinach and mashed potatoes", but I feel I have to be picky about something, as I can't find anything else to balance my review. Was I really at the Best Western? I feel that chef who is a bit of a gem, may get snapped up by someone else if the hotel don't realise his potential! It was also not that pricey - around $20 for a main course, dessert about $7. A lot less than I'd be asked to pay for a main course in NJ. Would I eat at this restaurant and pay with my own money - yes! The restaurant is also nicely decorated too. I can't rate breakfast or lunch, as I didn't eat either of those there.

Someone else's review mentioned it's quite a distance from other attractions and this is true. For anyone there, also stuck waiting for a plane, wanting nearby entertainment, there is a large movie theatre within what i'd call walking distance (about 10 - 15 mins), down Le Jeune Road, heading back towards the airport. We walked there and back - there is a side walk and crossing lights across a busy road.

I would also stay at this hotel again by choice flying through Miami. I can't rate the value as I didn't pay for the hotel and don't know what it cost.

You can buy water in the hotel store by reception, but it's actually 50c cheaper in the vending machine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Address: 4100 Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33134
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
#26 Romantic Hotel in Miami
#29 Business Hotel in Miami
#33 Family Hotel in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites 3*
The BEST WESTERN PREMIER MIA Hotel & Suites is centrally located and accessible within minutes from the MIA airport and Port of Miami. This brand new concept features 144 smoke-free contemporary upscale rooms and suites. Guests may enjoy complimentary amenities such as transportation to/from MIA airport and Wi-Fi. Hotel also offers a full bar/restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, top of the line fitness center and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel And Suites
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel Miami

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;