“Nice for a stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #35 of 131 hotels in Miami
Natchitoches, Louisiana
“Nice for a stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I like this hotel...it's a short shuttle ride from the airport (shuttle runs from the hotel one the hour and on the half hour, expect them at the airport about 10 after). It's got nice rooms, spacious and clean, with a living area and a good sized bathroom, all well appointed. No balconies, though. Looks fairly recent. Ample parking. Some rooms have a city view. The front desk staff are friendly. What more do you want? OK, well, maybe closer proximity for walking to places to eat, but in a pinch, the Burger King will do. There is also a convenience store next to the parking lot. Oh, and forget the breakfast, it's certainly not worth the money (neither is the dinner from what I could tell-empty and waaay overpriced).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

915 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Intentionally giving ourselves a full day in Miami before continuing on to St. Lucia, we decided on this property for two reasons: first, I need a room with a refrigerator for my medication; second, we decided to focus on the Coral Gables/University of Miami area for our day of exploring. Additionally, it was vital to have airport transportation.

The Best Western van picked us up at the Miami airport, and during the approximate ten minute drive to the hotel, the driver pointed out various eating establishments within walking distance of the hotel and told us that if we needed a ride anywhere else, the hotel van would gladly drive us. Knowing that Coral Gables was not far, we inquired further upon checking in.

After getting settled into a lovely room; clean, comfortable - the room was what I expected from a property entitled "Premier", it was back down to the front desk to get our ride to Coral Gables. The front desk clerk provided us with a map of the area and called for a driver. A different driver had us board a Best Western van; before dropping us off in Coral Gables, we made sure we understood how we would arrange for the return trip to the hotel. I asked if we should just call the hotel; the driver handed me a business card for a private driving service and told me to call the number on the card. Something seemed a bit smelly about this, but we took the card and spend the next four hours walking around Coral Gables & the University of Miami.

We did our best to return very close to where we were dropped off in the morning. I called the number on the card; the person who answered told me to look for a Silver Lincoln. Not entirely comfortable with how this scenario was playing out, we furiously searched traffic for such a vehicle (a Best Western van would have been a bit easier to spot!). We found our driver (completely different person from the other two drivers we had in the BW vans) and he took us back to the hotel (approx. 5 miles) complaining the entire time about how bad traffic was. Ummm, we are in Miami, traffic should not be a shock to someone who drives for a living.

Back at the hotel were two BW vans parked in front. Hmmm. We went back to the room to change for dinner. Back down to the front desk, we asked if we could get a ride to the restaurant. If you recall earlier in my review, I mentioned all the restaurants which we were told we could walk to from the hotel. There was going to be no walking at night for this street smart couple in this area. Good thing I had previously researched & chosen a spot for dinner based on restaurant.com offerings; I knew the restaurant was 3 miles down Flagler (same street as hotel). Back to getting the ride - front desk clerk started making phone calls in Spanish - whether that was intentional or just simpler, I will never know. She tells us that a ride was not available. Please recall, there are two BW vans parked outside. We ask her to call us a cab. While waiting for the cab, the second of the three drivers we had earlier in the day walks through the lobby. She sees us and offers us a ride in her personal car - if we didn't mind that "the air conditioning was broken". We politely declined this opportunity.

One item I left out earlier - we were told that the "hotel drivers" would save us money vs. a cab. Our drive to and from the restaurant in the taxi proved this very wrong. While I got a great night's sleep on a very comfy bed, the entire guest transportation experience left us with a very negative impression of the staff. We can't say for sure, but the conclusion we came to is that someone is running a side business which sometimes uses the BW vans. If this is the case, not entirely sure what kind of potential liability this could be to Best Western.

Fortunately, I chose a different airport hotel for the trip home through Miami. I am thrilled to say that it was a completely different experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were travelling in the Florida Keys and when we realized how long a drive it is from the Miami airiport we decided to stay in Miami the night before our flight out. This hotel is about 10 minutes from the car rental return at the airport. The area is Cuban/Hispanic but it was a couple of blocks from major upscale hotels. Room was spacious and well appointed. Desk personel were helpful and courteous. Very nice restaurant with reasonalble prices. Would definitely stay there again. Booked on Priceline for a lot less than their standard rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Francis, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this property for 2 nights before our cruise. They provide a free shuttle to and from the airport (but not to the cruise port). You can pay for a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port, but we chose to take a quick taxi ride. The accommodations were very nice and clean. We did not use the pool as it was too cold. On our first night at the hotel, we wanted to try Cuban food, and the hotel kindly provided a free shuttle ride to and from a nearby Cuban restaurant (the Latin Cafe, which was great!). The second night we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. The food was great, but the service was horrible. From the time we ordered our meals, to the time we received our salad was exactly ONE HOUR. As we weren't in a hurry, we let that slide, but the meal went down from there. We barely touched our salads and our main course came out. The food was good, truthfully. He only time he asked how the meal was after we frantically waived him down to get refills on soda. After dinner, the waiter very quickly brought our bill, before asking if we wanted dessert, which we did. We had already decided not to give him a very large tip, so we were surprised when the tip was automatically put on our bill. No wonder the service was so horrible. Also, virtually everyone who came into the restaurant after us, left before us. And the restaurant was NOT busy. That was our only frustration. We did talk to the manager of the hotel and found out that the restaurant is sub-contracted to a vendor. He promised to comp our $92+ dinner, but so far we have not received the check, although he seemed kind and I am somewhat confident we will receive a check back. We shall see.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I obsessed over selecting a hotel for my boyfriend's "get a weekend" that I was planning. I read some mixed reviews for the BW Premier and decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did. Upon arrival, we were greeted by two very professional and friendly front desk clerks. We were upgraded to a king suite because my hunny is a BW Diamond Member. We stayed in room 411,which was located directly across from the elevator bank. I was a bit concerned that we might be disturbed by people getting on and off at our floor, but we weren't. Our suite was very specious, immaculate and very nicely furnished. The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was spotless and huge. The bathroom didn't have double sinks, but there was a second sink/vanity area just outside of the It. We also had a very nice sitting area, which was attractive, functional and cozy. They don't have complimentary breakfast in the morning, which I thought was a little absurd for the prices they charge for rooms (upwards of 250.00 per night). Not to worry, though. There is an IHop a couple of blocks up. We ate lunch at The Latin Cafe down the street, and the food was AH- MAZING! Cudos to the front desk clerk for suggesting it. Parking was free and so was wifi. Overall, we had a great stay. We absolutely would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

my family and I planned this stay for long and wanted it to be perfect and with the help of the front desk jessica everything went as expected, she suggested great places to share with my family, room was super clean

Room Tip: room are good side for family of four, computer 24 hours date and free
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were staying in Miami for 2 days after a cruise. I booked this hotel specifically because of price. It was hard finding anything nice under $300 - which is ridiculous. The room was great - very spacious and comfy - same with the bathroom. The service - not quite at the same level. The lady who checked us in and out was nice and helpful. The lady in the evening not so much. It took 3 hours, 4 phone calls and a trip down to the lobby in my pjs to get bedding for our pull out couch, I was also shocked at the lack of English spoken. One of the servers in the breakfast area didn't speak English much. We had to get our own coffee as it was not served around the tables - even though they had a tray with juice and coffee on it ready to go. I don't know if i would stay there again. We did not feel very safe in Miami. I don't know if the area of this hotel is a good one or not - but we would always worry about our car rental - regardless of where we went.

Room Tip: try to not get a room near the elevators - it was noisy near there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites

Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel And Suites
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel Miami
Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel
Address: 4100 Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33134
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
#7 Best Value Hotel in Miami
#35 Business Hotel in Miami
#42 Family Hotel in Miami
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites 3*
The BEST WESTERN PREMIER MIA Hotel & Suites is centrally located and accessible within minutes from the MIA airport and Port of Miami. This brand new concept features 144 smoke-free contemporary upscale rooms and suites. Guests may enjoy complimentary amenities such as transportation to/from MIA airport and Wi-Fi. Hotel also offers a full bar/restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, top of the line fitness center and business center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.