“Simply Amamzing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Simply Amamzing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

This hotel is without a doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at!!! the service is excellent from the moment you get out of the car, the valet staff was corteous and prompt; our check in was very quick, the bellman was very pleasant and our luggage was taken very quickly to our room. The room was simply gorgeous (Although I wasn't upgraded and as a Platinum Elite I am kind of used to being upgraded) many features such as I believe was a 55in TV, polished wood throught the room, bath robes, etc (What you would expect from a Hotel in this category. The concierge floor staff was great very corteous and always going above and beyond!!! The concierge lounge itself was very well equipped with a great selection of premium items. The facilities were amazing although many of them were not in service at the moment. such as the virtual bowling alley and the indoor basketball court. I am sure as the staff becomes more familiar with the hotel's amenities and everything starts rolling the way it was intended, this very well could be the best hotel in Miami.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Turkish first
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

This hotel is extremely new with some teething pains as with any new hotel. The hotel is not quite complete. The Business Center hasn't been set up as yet, so make sure you take a laptop with you. The location is in walking distance of Bayside and AA Arena.
The rooms are beautiful wiith a TV in the bathroom mirror. Unfortunately the 52 inch TV in the bedroom would lose signal quite often so that was a bit annoying. They use Direct TV. The rooms are very modern and comfortable. The bathroom is a large size. The view was great from the 22 floor. The staff are helpful and willing to please. We couldn't get in the Basketball court with our key card but it looked like fun.
All in all its a very nice hotel. It is located right across from The Epic hotel and the Hyatt Regency is located just to the right of the hotel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. There are still a few rough edges, but the staff more than compensates for these inconveniences.

* All of the staff is very friendly and will talk to you in a relaxed but professional way - my way of saying they're not stuffy. We met the dining room manager, a fellow from Rome, who asked us how our dining experience was. He seemed genuinely interested and took note of staff , such as Lilliam at 345 restaurant, who gave us tips on various places to see and local places to eat.

* The view from our room was spectacular. The hotel's floor to ceiling windows enhance the view of the water.

* Valet Parking, $32, is expensive, especially if you are going in and out of the hotel. There doesn't appear to be a self parking option-- unless you park in the office building that is attached to the hotel.

* The hotel is located near the AA arena and Bayside shopping area-- the streets can get crowded if there is an event such as a Miami Heat game.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pacifica, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

As I arrived at the hotel, I noticed a lot of hotel staff standing around but no one stepped up to assist me out of my cab or with my bags. Upon stepping into the hotel, someone was kind enough to guide me to the front desk.

The hotel lobby was appealing with that grand contemporary chic. It was very disappointing to see the ladders and areas still being worked on.

Upon arriving at the front desk, I stepped up to the desk to check-in. Although there were no other guests there, the front desk person ignored me and carried on with whatever he was doing. His colleague acknowledged me but did not say anything or offer any assistance and carried on. Finally I had to ask for assistance. Meanwhile, there were four hotel staff just standing around the bell or concierge's desk, looking and not offering any assistance. I thought to myself. Where am I? Isn't this a JW Marriott Marquis? A brand that prides itself on service and customer experience. Hmm...

Someone finally helped me check-in. Great. Turns out my room is not available. It's already 4:30 pm now... past their normal check-in time. When asked when the room will be available, I was told after 6 pm. The hotel was kind enough to store my bags and offered me to wait at their club lounge. Unfortunately, I had a dinner meeting at 6 pm and really needed to freshen up. They sent me to their fitness center, which was very impressive, to get freshened up.

Returning to the hotel after 9 pm, I went back to the hotel to get my room key. After over 10 minutes of confusion, I finally got my key and my bags and on my way to my room.

While riding up to my room on the 26th floor, I overheard some guests also commenting that they waited a long time to get their room when they check-in in the day before. They heard that it's because the hotel has not completely finished their rooms yet, amongst other things.

Once I arrive in the rooms, the room was really nice and smells new. The room amenities were amazing. was too large for my taste, especially given the room is not that big. Bathroom was amazining...wished I had a bathroom like that at home. If I did, I may spend much of my life in there. I did appreciate having a TV in the mirror of the bathroom. You know it can get a little creepy too, if you are not used to it.

Would I come back? Maybe after it has sorted out it's service issues. Definitely not a hotel at the JW Marriott Marquis brand service level.

Best of luck to you.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

This hotel has it all for both business and leisure travelers going to Miami. The hotel opened in November 2010 and they paid every attention to the details. The modern look and digital signage everywhere is amazing. This is the only location in Miami where you can eat at a DANIEL BOULUD restaurant!!!

The room was amazing, get it with a bay view to appreciate the beautiful Miami skyline. Even the regular rooms are extra sized as compared to most hotels. I got 15MB download on my internet connection, wireless, from a corner unit, wow!!! They also provide a computer in every room with web surfing capabilities, nice.

There's an Illy Expresso Coffee machine with pods for your caffeine fix, included, yes! The King bed was superb, great pillows, slept like a baby. I programmed my wake up call right from the exquisite Color Screen IP Phone, without need to call the front desk or learn yet another alarm clock (which has an iPad dock, by the way). Marble bathrooms, enough said? No, there's a TV behind the bathroom mirror, sweeeet.

Great shower head, plush towels, all the cosmetic trimmings are luxurious and of the highest quality. There's a wireless phone in the room that work throughout the entire property, very handy!

The staff was super nice and smiling all the time, everywhere - couldn't ask for better service. And yes, I did get breakfast in the room, excellent Eggs Benedict.

The 19th floor "entertainment center" features a Jim McLean Virtual Golf Clinic, a Virtual Bowling Ally by Brunswick, a 3D Theater, and a NBA Regulation Size Basketball Court...and right outside is the amazing stainless steel swimming pool.

Overall, an amazing experience and a must for anyone going to Miami for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!