“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryland
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our stay at this JW Marriott was a real treat. We have a friend that’s an elite points member and she was generous enough to book this room for us to celebrate our 20-year wedding anniversary. Our room was an apartment style suite, which was very spacious and well appointed. We enjoyed the luxurious bedding, 60 plus inch television in the bedroom and living room, complimentary espressos, bottled water and wi-fi. The bathroom also had a television in the vanity mirror. The shower (with a marble finish) was large enough to accommodate at least eight people. Being just the hubby and I, we had more than enough room. Our reservation included access to an exclusive area on the 36th floor where we enjoyed complimentary meals. We also shot some hoops on their full basketball court. The hotel gave us a bottle of champagne and a plate of sweet treats as a gift for our anniversary. All the staff was extremely nice and treated us special. We visit Miami at least once a year and we plan to stay at this hotel during our next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a suite
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

No more to say.. Actually it's the best of American hotels I had visited.. It's really worth of its price as well as its surroundings.. Good point to start for Miami Beach. Note there are nice bistros around serving tasty breakfast for night's tired people as well as quite pricey Macy's..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was here on business for three nights and was continually impressed.

Upon arrival to my spacious and well-appointed room, I was welcomed with a beautiful tray of nuts and fruit, which was appreciated after a long day of travel.

My room , 2907, had a lovely view and was free from noise.

I had an accounting issue (not the hotel's fault) during my stay and Bogdan was diligent in his follow-up and trying to facilitate the cooperation of my bank.

I was so impressed with his personal attention to making sure my issue was resolved promptly and to my satisfaction.

The only criticism I have of the hotel is the incredibly high priced and limited food options; however, I learned there is a Whole Foods around the corner and will visit them upon my return next year.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I travel extensively for business and stay at numerous Marriott properties around the world. While I am typically quite satisfied with the Marriott experience, on this occasion I was extremely disappointed. For this level of hotel, I expect:
1. To have toiletries available when I check into my room.
2. Room service meals that meet certain standards of taste and temperature.
3. Telephones in the room that are functioning.
4. A television that doesn't lose the signal because of "the weather". It rains in Miami enough where one would think that the hotel would have already addressed this issue.

I have stayed at the hotel across the street on several occasions and have never experienced these types of issues. I would really hope that these issues are addressed by Marriott. Otherwise, there is an excellent option across the street that provides superior value and customer experience.

• Stayed February 2015
Katy L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jmg609,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Marquis and for providing your valuable feedback.

Please accept our apology for the shortfalls you experienced while in our care and for any inconvenience these concerns may have caused. Please feel assured each individual matter has been addressed with our management team and we will strive to implement preventative actions in attempt to avoid such difficulties in the future.

Once again thank you for sharing these concerns and we hope to welcome you in the near future and provide you with the flawless experience you deserve.

Katy L.
Guest Relations Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

the JW Marriott Marquis was very crowded Presidents Weekend. There were 2 large Arts Festivals in town, and lord knows how many weddings etc. It was so crowded that they moved the breakfast from the Concierge Lounge to a ballroom. It's good to be Platinum at Marriott. Our room was on the 36th floor, right by the lounge, which was stocked with soda, snacks and waters all day long. The breakfasts were great by the way, super pastries, fresh berries and melons, coffee, tea, etc. Our room was also awesome, since it was next to the lounge expect the same great views of Brickell Key from the lounge. Only negative is the 19th floor pool. There are only 2 seats that get the sun all day,the rest of the lounges are in the shade. It's VERY WINDY, so don't expect to sit and catch rays at this business hotel pool. The neighboring office tower has windows looking at the pool, so watch yourself! Also on the 19th floor is a bowling alley, media lounge and FULL Basketball Court! Really! It's Bar Mitzvah Party Heaven.
Staff is good and helpful, we didn't have any issues even with Valet parking on some very busy days.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Brickell Key.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Marriott Marquis is a pretty good hotel by any standard. It is modern and the rooms are well appointed. The room has all the amenities that should be in a good hotel - robes, a good hairdryer, nice products, minibar, free water etc. The staff at check in were extremely nice as were most of the staff I encountered. I was pleasantly surprised as I previously stayed at the JW Marriott on Brickell and it was terrible. This is obviously it's superior sister. I only have two criticisms of this hotel. One is the pool area, it's surrounded by extremely tall buildings and doesn't get any sun. The second is the dining on offer. They have a fairly high end restaurant called DB Moderne that looks pretty good but the only alternative is a cold and impersonal sort of sports bar on the first floor that has no windows, is too brightly lit and serves poor food. It would be nice to have something in the middle and in fact, they have the space, the hotel is quite large and there is a lot of unused space. It's located in the Brickell area so good for Biscayne, downtown Miami and the Brickell area.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Where to start. This was an absolutely beautiful hotel in the heart of downtown Miami. Our room overlooked Biscayne bay with views that were absolutely breathtaking. Andres Meneses helped us check into our room and was so amazing and accommodating. He gave us suggestions on places to eat around the area and even sent a cake with a candle up to our room since it was my boyfriends birthday! We did not want to leave the next day and it was the best birthday and experience. We will definitely be back as this was hands down the most amazing hotel we have ever stayed at. Thank you Andres for all your help and assistance on making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!