“Great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel had great atmosphere, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. We really enjoyed our weekeng stay. The roof swimming pool was terrific. This hotel is very beautiful and I recommend visit to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Mason, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami on December 5, 2014 before leaving on a cruise. Everything about this hotel is magnificent. From the 50" tv in the main room, the tv set into the bathroom mirror, the over-sized tub with separate shower, the ultra comfortable bed, the large desk and great room service, this hotel exceeded every expectation. The service was friendly and personal.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Intercontinental hotel had overbooked and sent us to stay at Marriot Marquis. I guess there is no reason to be sorry about that. We had a nice view towards the pier where our cruiseship was waiting next day.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

What a shame that such a beautiful hotel is so soulless and suffers from such snooty "service". I hope I didn't disturb the group of valets chatting when I arrived? I felt like I had. The reception welcome wasn't much better and despite there being nobody in line it took time to get attention!

The room itself on 32nd floor was great. Very spacious, comfortable beds, a premium illy coffee machine and a great view. Nice luxurious bathroom as well, complete with tv. A nice touch.

The club lounge offering was one of the poorest I've found in a hotel of this class. No complimentary alcohol in the evening, even for an hour or two but instead an overpriced honour bar? No wonder it was empty. It served delicious pastries at breakfast and freshly squeezed juice and a small selection of cooked items. All good quality. However I found staff once again to be unfriendly and unhelpful. My table didn't have cutlery at breakfast and after tracking a member of staff down he said he'd bring some over. Wait, wait, wait. Scrambled eggs cold by this time I found someone else who got me some. If you can't be bothered to reset the tables, at least leave cutlery out!

On the last day my keycard stopped working and so we couldn't access the club lounge. It took a while to get a lift to the ground floor as they were activated by your room key. I appreciate security is important but it seemed to be very difficult for reception to re activate without me having photo I.d. Since I'd just stepped out for breakfast, I wasn't carrying it and quite obviously couldn't gain access to my room to get it without a functioning room key!!!! Problem eventually solved - in time for me to have missed breakfast in the club lounge! I had to pay for breakfast in the cafe!

Overall a poor experience in surroundings that should have been wonderful. If I'd been asked on checkout if I'd enjoyed my stay I might have said but it seems you don't care about your guests all that much.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had an amazing view from our corner room. The bellman who helped with our luggage suggested a place for dinner with a number of restaurant selections just a short walk away from the hotel, very helpful for someone new to the area. Our view from the conceierge lounge was also amazing. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The JW Marriott Marquis in downtown Miami is everything that a downtown 4-star hotel should aspire to be. I spent one evening in the hotel before departing on a cruise. Arriving from the airport, I was able to breeze through the check-in process. As a Marriott Gold level member, I was upgraded to a modern and spacious 1 bedroom suite. The bathroom was bigger than many hotel rooms that I have stayed in. There was a spacious shower, a deep tub and a design fit for Architectural Digest. The bed was comfortable, I slept like a baby.

The staff is fantastic. I went downstairs for breakfast and was kindly informed by the hostess that my gold status entitled me to a free breakfast in the upstairs lounge. Free works for me. Even better, I spotted my cruise ship from the lounge. Took advantage of the DB Moderne for a dinner. The restaurant was uncrowded, beautiful scenery and tasty food. The DB Burger lives up to the legend.

The hotel seems to handle a lot of pre-cruise guests. The crowd in the lobby at check out time might look daunting, but I collected the bags without hassle and a taxi was waiting to whisk me off to the port. I'd highly recommend that you consider the JW Marriott Marquis when your travel plans take you to downtown Miami.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Cranberry Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great hotel! Fantastic staff. Beautiful rooms with great beds.

We had a problem with a bag not being removed from a cab. It had our passports, etc in it. If I had to be critical of this hotel at all, Is that they hire their Unloading staff from an outside source, something like Park one. They are not very interested in their jobs, but like to leer at the women. That is why they didn't get all of the luggage.
Regular bell staff is great, but they do not unload the cabs and cars.

Other than that, see first line!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!