“Always a great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 129 hotels in Miami
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Always a great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I am in Miami often for work and this hotel is usually my "go to" place. The location, nice rooms and trendy atmosphere makes it a winner for me but what pushes it over the edge is the great staff! Friendly, attentive, professional and thoughtful are the words that come to mind. I never have a complaint and this time is no different. Not even when they took a bit long with my room service order and when I called to enquire the "at your service" staff member was calm and located my order instantly. The room service staffer initially got mixed up with the room explained that without going on and on delivered my food and got out of the room. All was forgiven. I will definitely be going back again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The rooms are nice. The hotel is conveniently located. The view from higher floors and the club lounge is amazing.
Thats where it ends. The service is patchy and non existent at times.
Being a platinum member also does not really matter here. Requested for dinner plates in the room and the response was " No, you will not get it because there is $10 charge.". Wow. Had to tell them go ahead and charge me and send it up. Waited for ever but finally arrived.
Next day, I was given 30 additional complimentary minutes for check out. Requested for Bell Service to check out which did not turn up for more than 45 minutes. Finally walked out with bags myself.
The check in bell service was amazing. Check out non existent. For some reason the staff does not care. Not a typical Marriott experience. If you just want a good hotel with no expectations of service, this may be your place. Not sure if I would come back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Katy L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Tarun S.,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the JW Marriott Marquis. As a Platinum Member we truly value your loyalty, I apologize we did not provide the consistent service you deserve. We strive to maintain a consistent service level from the moment you enter our property until your departure, your feelings have been shared amongst our Management Team in an effort to look for opportunities to enrich future experiences for you and all future guests.

Once again, please accept my apologies and please feel free to contact me directly for any further feedback regarding your stay.

Katy L.
Guest Relations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Amazing very elegant hotel. Frindly staff who are willing to serve the guests to the maximum. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious with elegant interior design. The hotel provides aroma therapy toiletries of high quality. The hotel is super clean. I asked the hotel to remove the minibar but it seems that it is difficult to do that so they provided me with a complementary small refrigerator. Our room had a lovely view of the bay. Super location at Miami downtown for people how prefers to be away from the crowded beachfront. It is close to CVS supermarket, Subway, Starbucks and the lovely Biscayne Bay front where one can have a peaceful walk. It is also close to the free Metro railway station.

I carried with me lots of wonderful memories during my short stay, and would definitely love to stay there again if I had a chance to do so. Many thanks to the hotel staff and management.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I would like to start by saying that overall the hotel is good, but there are some things that need improvement, and that should not be present in a 5 Star category hotel, like the JW Marriott. Here are some of the urgent improvements needed:
1). Valet parking at night, specially Thursday thru Saturday nights, is a night mare, it took me over 25 minutes to get my car and be able to drive off. There are many restaurants and bars in the area, so at night it's impossible to get your car as a hotel guest. Guest should have a Guest Only valet or entrance
2). I stayed in a suite, located when you leave the elevators, on your right, the first door, the room number ends in 08, for example 27th floor, 2708. This suite has the elevator right on the other side of the room, so the entire nights, I was hearing the elevators going up and down, very disturbing noise.
3) 1 concierge is too little, during peak hours. I gave up waiting in line for over 15 minutes, because I needed some help from the concierge.
4) When checking out at 2:00am, I was told that the charges of the last night would not show up, until the system loaded them, so I asked if it was possible to load them manually, so I had a total of my bill right away, and the front desk clerk said it was not possible, which I find hard to believe.
There were other small issues, not worth mentioning.
In general I found the staff to be unhappy, hardly did I see a smile on one of the staff faces or did I hear, it's a pleasure or you welcome. It seemed that they were stressed out, although I was there only for 3 nights.
Since the hotel also had some good things, I would like to point some of them out. The size of the rooms in general are very generous, the suite as well as the non suite, were bigger than average for the hotels in the area. The equipment found in the rooms, like TV's, telephone system, showers, etc, were top quality and new.
To summarize this review, I was expecting a more friendly environment and quite place, but I guess because of the month (August) and location, this was not going to happen, although some smiles from the staff would have been welcomed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pfeils,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. I am pleased to hear you appreciated our spacious rooms and quality of our in-room amenities. Please accept my sincere apology for not surpassing all of your expectations while in our care. Our staff is truly committed to delivering friendly and professional service and feel assured your comments have been shared with our staff and management in order to improve the experience for you and other future guests.

SIncerely,

Katy L.
Guest Relations Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel and had a very good experience. Had a very nice room on the 35th floor with a great view of the pool and river. The bed was luxurious and the bathroom was very nice indeed. It was disappointing that there was no free water or coffee in the room and it felt that all extras were very expensive. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the coffee shop did lovely pastries and coffee in the morning. The valet parking is extortionate at $38 and it takes them a long time to get the car. However, overall a good place to stay in Miami.

• Stayed August 2014
Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my husband were on Honeymoon we've stayed at the Hotel from the 16-19th of July! Everything was amazing!! Friendly staff happy to help you at any time! Valentina on the Front Desk was really friendly and warm with us, first good impression! We had a beautiful room on the 22ndfloor (2215) overlooking the bayside, the view was amazing and the room excellent, clean and really big! Our porter helped us with the luggage was very friendly too he was happy to give us information for the hotel and the area! You must visit the pool on the 19th floor but the BIG must is the Bistro Restaurant in the hotel! We absolutely recommend it! The service was amazing and the food delicious! We really enjoyed our stay Miami is beautiful and we wish to visit Miami again and of course JW Marriott Marquis !

• Stayed July 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We needed a place to stay the night before we left on a cruise the next morning after researching the area we picked the Marquis. It's a beautiful resort, very nice, very new. The subtle touches all around the hotel leave such a warm feeling. The beds were very comfortable with a ton of pillows to choose from. we had a rollaway bed for one of our daughters and was thoroughly impressed with it. Typically you get some flimsy medal bed but this was a complete twin size bed, with an excellent mattress and blankets. It even had a headrest. Again the accommodation were most excellent. The only downside was the assistance out front the doors was seriously lacking. we planned to be to the port by 11 and since it's a 5-8 minutes ride we went down at 10:15 to be safe. we arrived down and immediately requested a minivan. We have three young children with car seats, a stroller and luggage for 5 for 9 days so we couldn't fit in a regular taxi. After waiting outside in the heat for 20 minutes we asked again when we could expect it and it became very obvious they never called for one. We had to ask three more times and 20 minutes later they flagged one down off the road. Not horrible just not ideal. I should note that we had a wonderful Bell Hop help us into our room, he was so funny and helpful we all enjoyed his sense of humor. We also had the concierge level which provided a nice breakfast in the morning. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!