“Top-of-the-line Marriott - wonderful business hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
McLean, Virginia
“Top-of-the-line Marriott - wonderful business hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a two-day conference at this lovely hotel and it is a real stand-out, even by JW Marriott standards. My room (2617) was very large, with luxurious carpeting, sumptuous bedding and plush towels. Amenities were the high-end Aromatherapy brand, generously-sized and with lovely scents of rosemary, lavender and ylang-ylang. There was a fancy illy espresso maker (which I did not use), little Biscotti cookies and the turn-down service brought lovely little dark chocolates (and bottles of water). The bathroom came equipped with a mirror-embedded TV, which was a great idea in theory but I quickly learned did not sync with the bedroom's monitor, so having both on simultaneously as I moved about was somewhat disorienting (however I am probably the minority in this).

One can indicate that a room is to be made up, or that one would like privacy, by pressing a switch right inside the door, allowing a button right outside the room number to glow either green or red. This was a nice touch as I typically manage to sweep the Do Not Disturb signs onto the floor as I walk into and out of hotel rooms.

The hotel provided a Wall Street Journal free of charge, which was another nice touch.

Service was discreet and solicitous, although I did find the front desk to be somewhat understaffed during check-in, and especially during check-out (only two staff were on hand at a busy time while several staff with little to do hung out at the concierge.). I would like to suggest that the hotel considering staffing up a bit more during peak times. Elevators however ran very quickly with minimal wait times.

Food at the conference, and at the Metro Bistro on the 2nd floor, and the more sumptuous db on the first place, was very good. I had to ask for bread three times at the bistro, which I thought was odd, but overall that was a minor point.

All in all an excellent, really top-notch hotel. I would highly recommend the JW Marriott Marquis to anyone whose travels take them to downtown Miami.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We love JW Marriott's and this is one of the nicest ones we've stayed in. Newly renovated, beautiful decor, and great food! The rooftop stainless steel pool was so refreshing, we never wanted to leave! The rooms were nicely decorated, a tv in the bathroom was nice for watching the news while getting ready. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My home away from home…if I lived in an amazing place that overlooked the water and Miami skyline! I had an excellent stay at the JWMM Miami last weekend and will definitely plan to stay again. When booking, I read reviews from both Trip Advisor and Kayak and chose the JWMM Miami over a few neighboring hotels. Once I booked, I called to ask if an early check-in would be possible (I had an early flight in) and was told that would not be a problem and it would be noted with my reservation. When I arrived, I was immediately offered bottled water and my check in was seamless. . I was working from the room all the next day and was able to stretch out at the desk and get a lot of work done. The internet connection was great and I was pleased with the accommodations. We were very pleased with the hotel's staff and many MANY amenities. Beautiful pool, billards room, basketball court, bowling alley…all amazing. The room was the best part. We had a view of the water and the bridge to South Beach. We were within walking distance of BaySide and it was about a 10min drive to the beach. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know travelling to Miami for business or pleasure. Employee highlight: Jonathan was AMAZING! He was very helpful throughout the entire stay. He had a very energetic personality and was extremely helpful with everything we needed. The remainder of my stay was wonderful and checkout was quick and easy. I, like many people I'm sure, appreciate great customer service and, the excellent customer service I received while staying here is exactly why I will be back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recently went on a cruise to the Bahamas and chose this hotel "PRE CRUISE", it is an amazing hotel! There's just so many good things about it.The Staff is amazing! In our last day we had breakfast there and the cook probably forgot our order and we waited and waited and waited... the server was so embarrassed about this that he immediately contacted the manager and proceeded to take care of the situation, we didnt complain to anyone, the server knew that this was unacceptable service. Our food finally arrived and we ate some breakfast just before getting in a taxi to our awaited cruise :P when I asked for the bill the server ( i cant remember his name :( ) told us that it would be free of charge. I wasn't expecting this since we did eventually get our food but this shows what true service is all about. needless to say we made sure the server received some nice "appreciation" for all he did.

Overall, I was very VERY impressed with the hotel, it is very very nice, the room is AWESOME the whole stay was just DREAMY!. Please stay here you wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 21 st floor is AWESOME!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It is with such disdain that I write this review....
This by far has been me and my families favorite Miami hotel. We have travelled to Miami several times and each time we stay at this hotel. I even actually have a trip planned at the end of the month that I already have my reservation ready for but am rethinking it after my stay this weekend.

Upon arrival my first room smelled horribly. As always, the staff was very accommodating and moved us immediately to another room that admittedly had a better view. But once we got in the room, we noticed that it wasn't clean. Outside the door there were huge bread crumbs. The floor in the bathroom seemed uncleaned, the coffee maker had dirt and food stains on it, and we didn't have any wash cloths. I went down stairs to express my issues and the manager sent someone up right away to take a look.

I don't think I ever realized how much of the staff doesn't speak english but when the head housekeeper came up, the language barrier made it hard to relay the issues. However it goes, she attempted to fix the problem but her fix left a permanent bad taste in my mouth and mind. SHE PROCEEDED TO SPRAY A LIQUID ON A RAG AND WIPE THE TOILET, THE SHOWER, THE SINK, AND THE COFFEE MAKER DOWN. The same rag on all of those surfaces, yeah, that's quite disgusting. Yuck! After that, I couldn't stand to complain about anything else. So we stayed with bread crumbs outside our door for the remainder of the trip.
I wish I had taken pictures b/c it was very disgusting.

Also, on several occasions, even though I had my privacy light on, housekeeping would barge in, sometimes without knocking. That's quite disturbing.

The staff and the majority of the bellhops are amazing and always make my stay pleasant. Except one who was very unpleasant at 3 am when we were trying to checkout to get our plane...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Katy L, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Simrocka4,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Marquis and for sharing your experience at our property.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your most recent stay was not satisfactory. As one of our valued guests, we would like to regain your trust in order for you and your family to enjoy our property in the future.

Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience so we may discuss your experience further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Katy L.
Guest Relations Manager
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed one night in Miami after our recent cruise and I chose the Marriott Marquis. From the time you drive up into the circular entry, until you leave, you are treated like royalty. The room was incredible. Their concierge lounge was closed for remodeling, so they gave us a breakfast voucher for one of their many restaurants. The pool was beautiful, the lobby was beautiful. The rooms were in pristine condition. I wished we had more than one night to tarry in this gorgeous place. The room had an espresso maker! It was just a couple block's walk to Starbucks, Bayside Marketplace, and night life. We had a water/ bay view and hope that again I will be able to have a reason to come and visit the JW. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the concierge level
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Holden Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel defines the JW brand. In fact, I prefer this hotel over the ritz, just down the street

Fabulous staff, killer food and most important- clean rooms.

When paying 300 dollars or more, I feel comfortable recommending this place to my stakeholders and clients.

Keep up the great work and we will continue to come back!

Stayed November 2013

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!