“Amazing Suite!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 129 hotels in Miami
Kennewick, Washington
“Amazing Suite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We recently had an overnight stay before a cruise in Miami. We are frequent guests at Mariott hotels so we decided to use points for our pre cruise stay. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite which was BY FAR the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in. Everything from the large flat screen TVs, nespresso coffee maker, whirlpool tub, walk in shower and a view to die for was amazing. I would definitely recommend this beautiful property if you are in Miami.

Room Tip: If you can swing it go for the suite!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

765 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Turkish first
Universe1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here prior to our transatlantic cruise and we can recommend the hotel just for that, it's in a great location. The hotel is minutes away by cab from the Port of Miami (approx. $10) and only a 10 min walk to Bayside for shops, restaurants and bars.

Upon arrival we were greeted extremely eagerly by the concierge (bell) staff, too eagerly in fact, 3 or 4 of them just wouldn't or couldn't understand that we were OK to handle our own bags. The reception staff were friendly and efficient and the whole check-in process probably took less than 3 minutes to complete.

Our room was a very large bay facing room and was extremely well appointed and very well laid out. The bathroom was great, again large with a separate bath and shower. The bed as always with Marriott was extremely comfortable and my partner and I had a superb nights sleep which set us up for the long day ahead. The hotel gym is excellent and affords great views of the bay from a high floor, a great way to start the day with a morning workout.

Check-out was busy but in reality it didn't take too long to complete the formalities and again the team on the front desk were both friendly and efficient. Having checked out we asked the concierge (bell) staff to call us a cab which they happily did but it then started again. 2 or 3 of them just couldn't or wouldn't take no for an answer when it came to helping with our bags. So much so one of them ruined our cruise bag takes despite being told to be careful of them twice. Because of this we didn't tip them and one of them took offence to this and made it a point to tell our cab driver the same (needless to say our cab driver was great and he received a good tip!).

In summary a great hotel in a great location but the concierge (bell) team need to appreciate every customer is different and that some don't need their assistance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. Hotel is in a great location and has a great view of the ocean if you can get a high enough room.

Service here is exceptional. What you would expect for a JW marriott. Room was impeccable and the agent at the front desk was friendly and helpful with checking in. My room was a king size bed that was extremely comfortable overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and everything seemed to be perfect. I was near an elevator but to be honest, I never heard anything outside of my room. Probably because there is a bit of a hallway when you first walk in which happens to act as a noise barrier. Bed and linens were quite comftorable.

The next morning, I awoke and wanted to make a quick espresso to have before the gym (all rooms have espresso machines). As luck would have it, the machine was broken. I tried calling down but couldn't reach anyone so I called from my cell to let them know. They promised someone would be up to replace. I went to the gym, and thourougly enjoyed the view. It's a panaromic view of the city. Probably a top 5 gym in terms of equipment and view of the city.

Upon returning to my room, I noticed that the machine was still the same and it hadn't been changed. Not the end of the world but dissapointing as I was gone for almost an hour. I didn't bother to call down as I had to get going.

I called down to the Valet and was told it would be 15 minutes for my car. Sounds normal right? So I set the timer on my phone for 15mins thinking that by the time it goes off, I collect my things, it'll be ready. Nope no such luck. I had to wait an additional 10 minutes. Listen I don't mind if my car is going to take longer, just tell me up front. No apology was given and off I went. For almost 40$ a day, I expect a prompt valet.

So they were small gripes that wouldn't hold me back from coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the bay/ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel 3 different times now and I will continue to go back. I'm not rich like a lot of their clients but they treat you as an equal which is great. Can't ask for better staff and accommodations! Can't wait to return. Fantastic

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Staff was very helpful with everything! My friends and I plan to stay there next time since its close to stores for last minute needs like CVS and a restaurant adjoined the hotel so that was a plus! Views of the bay were spectacular and its close to public transportation. Also just a few blocks from Bayside Marketplace.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed two nights while in Miami. This place is really spectacular! The staff at check in could not have been more professional and friendly. I was upgraded to a suite on the 28th floor. The lounge is closed so I was offered vouchers at the restaurant for breakfast. Headed up to my room and WOW. I walk into a living room set up with full desk (including a computer) sofa, chairs, guest bathroom, TV, and wet bar. Then moved into the separate bedroom with huge bed and another amazing TV. Then the bathroom which was as large as many traditional hotel rooms. There was a shower stall, a traditional WC, tub area, double vanity (with another TV built into the mirror) and plenty of space. The room was clean and very comfortable. I wanted to live in this space.

Breakfast was pretty good. The staff was really nice but I was not overwhelmed by the offerings. It was pretty crowded and a continental breakfast can take a beating when a large crowd is near. Overall it was still quite nice.

This is a great place to stay when in downtown!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Praia Grande, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel has a great localization, it is on Miami Downtown, closest to a lot of restaurants and stores. The services was perfect and it was very beautiful. It has a parking and a good restaurant inside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!