“Excellent business hotel, exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Biscayne Boulevard Way, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 129 hotels in Miami
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Excellent business hotel, exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you need to go to Downtown Miami, don t hesistate staying here. Much above usual business hotel standard, v attentive service and friendly staff, efficient check in-out. The room was a corner room high up in the sky, v spacious, great views over the bay. Elegant decor, large bathroom, sep shower, TV in bath. Bed was amazingly comfortable. Coffee bar in house plus several other restaurants. A bit tricky to find even with GPS, there is another JW around the corner, so you want to be clear with your taxi driver. 15min drive to SoBe. Walking distance to AA Arena. Will come back (and no longer bother about the Mandarin)

Room Tip: corner room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

766 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I hate hotels but JW Marriott Marquiss was absolutely beautiful. It was clean and the staff was amazing. I didn't expect to workout on the this trip but when dragged to the gym, I wasn't disappointed. The gym is beautiful. They offer refrigerated and regular towels, detox water, headphones, and fruit.Awesome!

My only issue is with valet. Although they were over the top nice, their communication could have been better. For $36/ day I would expect speedier service. Make sure you call them atleast 20 mins before you want to leave. Also we were there on a night weekend when they were having marathon, it kind of shut the valet down. The bridge is a big factor in how fast your car comes, if it;s up, expect an addittional 20 minute delay.

Don't at dinner here, too expensive for subpar food!

I will recommend the JW to everyone I talk to!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great staff made a wonderful stay in the beautiful city of Miami.... Next time I take a trip out ill be sure to chose here with comfortable bed making me sleep like a baby I would recommend this hotel to everyone

Thanks guys

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for work. Was given a bay view room with two beds. I usually get a king with a city view. Great view of the bay but room was a little worn. I guess the bay view is very popular. This hotel is super and has many incredible amenities like a basketball court, great pool, a db bistro in the lobby, an espresso machine in the room, high end soaps, high design decor, etc. so to see that the shower knob fell off was surprising and disappointing. An overall great stay but having set such high standards in the past, the smallest disappointment stood out.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Timbuktu, Mali
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel and the hotel staff were very friendly. However, we stayed for five days and this hotel is not designed for stays more than 2-3 days- we had three drawers that were only a foot wide (at best) to store our items- needless to say we had to leave our luggage out everywhere. No place to stow this either. The beds were quite comfortable and everything was quite clean.

I would avoid the hotel café- food was okay', very overpriced and mandatory 18% gratuity on all checks - poor service on both visits. The bar is very nice downstairs but we were there the week of New Year's and they closed at 11pm! There were 20+ people in the bar when 'last call' was given at 10:45 and we were asked to leave...???

Room Tip: Be aware on east facing upper level floors- found it unnerving that an apartment in the neighboring...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Whyneeded,

Thank you for your descriptive and thoughtful feedback. It’s always great to hear what guests think about their experiences while here and it also helps us to improve upon the service we provide. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and we are already looking into what exactly happened and how we can further enhance those areas to better suit our guests. I hope future travel plans bring you back to our seaside city and that we can show you just how your comments have made a difference in the services we provide. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to further discuss, or to let me know when you make your way back to the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. Until then, be well!

Flavio Mello
Rooms Division Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I am rarely speechless, but Marriott got it right with the Marquis Miami. Wow, wow. I travel quite a bit for work and prefer Marriott in general. But this Marquis deserves this title which is reserved for a high end Marriott. The New York City Marriott Marquis pales in comparison and any manager working in NYC who visits the Miami version of the Marquis brand would consider a serious overall of their sister property. So, this Marquis is relatively new and is therefore not worn or dirt; on the contrary, it sparkles. From the moment we arrived, the front desk folks welcomed us with open arms and put us into an extraordinary room with an incredible view of the city. We did have a suite, so the office area in the room as well as the expansive bathroom were just stunning. The food was high quality as was the room service. Even the small touches built into this hotel are of high quality: there is a small red light that you can turn on which can be seen in the hallway outside of your door which is a message to the staff to not knock under any circumstances. I mean, that's great, as I have been disturbed in countless hotels over the years even with the 'do not disturb' sign prominently displayed on the outside doorknob. This is the highest of quality Marriott hotel and I am already looking forward to our return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Belize City, Belize
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is usually my goto hotel when I have to stay in Miami. The last two trips I have been a bit disappointed.

Check in and check out is easy as usual. Getting help with you bags is sometimes a bit difficult. But I figure that this is due to inadequate staff at the time.

Room service is timely and food is good, not great.

Staff are always friendly and very helpful.

My main issue is with the linen. My sheets on the last trip had small holes and the towels are worn. Housekeeping needs to inspect the linens, if I am paying over 400US per night, I do not wish for my linen to be worn and with holes.

I would probably still stay there on my next trip to give it one more try, however if there is no improvement I may just move across the road to the Epic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear AsheleB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry you experienced these inconveniences. Your comments are invaluable to us so we may continue to provide you with a great experience.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Waiting for your next visit,

Flavio Mello
Rooms Division Manager

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!