“Great stay we had” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Barcelona, Spain
“Great stay we had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Second stay here - it was probably even better than last time. Staff were so friendly and accommodating, not just front desk but also breakfast staff, security, and cleaners. We arrived at the hotel at 6am and couldn't check in early (fair enough - it was 6am!) but they set us up in the beautiful mezzanine level where we even had a small sleep! We ended up checking in before midday (so still really early!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My interpretation regarding the Marriott is that it's all about high class in terms of service but they usually fail when it comes to design (too dull for me). However, this location is beautiful. I had a standard king room and it was huge! I had a view of the bay, a huge king bed, a huge 55 inch TV, the bathroom had a shower and a separate tub with a TV embedded into the mirror! The service and interaction that I had with every employee was wonderful, they always engaged with you. If you have a chance you should check out the buffet in the morning as it was tasty and fulfilling. The location is in downtown Miami and can be hard to find so be patient. My only negative is that I didn't stay longer (mind you I live in Miami but wanted to stay close to the arena for a concert). I will visit again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here with my wife the night before a cruise from Miami and was very impressed. Although, this was a vacation, I have stayed in many business hotels across the world and this was, in my mind, one of the best business orientated hotels that I encountered. I know that is quite a claim so let me explain why?
Its in a great location in Miami, handy for the business district, Miami Heat games and good walks about town and even has a very pleasant sea view nearby.
The hotel itself, has a nice clean, modern style that I personally like but some may not; its has many facilities to support the business person but the real reason I liked this place, was the bedroom.
It is one of the few hotel rooms that I have seen that is both a bedroom and an office. Yes, this had more than a desk shoved against the wall, with a lamp and phone on it, with just enough space for a laptop. It had a very well designed curved desk, large and situated not against the wall but more in the room, but not in a way that disturbed the room. It provided loads of room for spreading out, plus you can gaze out of the window for inspiration. This is probably the first time that I have seen a set up that would allow me to work all day between meetings on different days (happens some times) without feeling cramped. The rest of the room and the huge bathroom were also very comfortable and luxurious.
There are plenty of places to eat and drink and comfortable public spaces to hang out in, if you want to do those things. Although the check-in area was somewhat functional and bland.
OK, so that is the business viewpoint, we were not there for business, but we had a wonderful time there. Our corner room, had two walls of windows with terrific views and a couple of comfortable chairs to view the views from while sipping a coffee. Now the coffee machine in the room, requires that you have a degree in engineering to use it but I forgive the hotel that.
We walked the area around the hotel, sat on a bench watching the ships passing buy and had a lovely evening in the hotel in a fabulous cocktail bar, then a wonderful meal in the restaurant.
We plan top go back for a long weekend, so you can see I am a fan.
Now, if you want soft edges and heavy red velvet drapes and oak paneling, this is not your place but it was definitely mine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm a loyal Marriott customer and have stayed in every level and style of their hotels. They rarely disappoint. But in the case of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami, they've outdone themselves. The hotel is gorgeous, sleekly designed, and full of amenities. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, the staff made me feel welcomed and cared for.

Location: Downtown Miami isn't necessarily hopping on the weekends, which was fine by me, but the location of this hotel is right on Biscayne Bay, which makes for great walking/running and means that there are several decent restaurants and clubs nearby. You're surrounded by other high-end hotels which all have lounges and bars and restaurants if you're interested. I was more interested in being close to the airport without having to STAY at the airport, so the location was perfect. It is far from the beaches, so if you're looking for oceanside, stay in Miami Beach.

Rooms: I had booked a king room with a bay view but when I arrived, I was so exhausted after having driven from Key West that I flat out told Rodrigo, the desk manager, that I would pay extra for the best damn room in the house. He just smiled and said, "Why don't I give you my favorite room in the hotel?" I don't know if that was true or not but Rodrigo did me RIGHT. The room he gave me was on the 33rd floor, on the corner, and was an executive suite. A full uninterrupted view of the glittering bay, a huge comfortable desk with wifi, a lusciously appointed bed with the best linens I've slept on in years, and a gargantuan bathroom with a full-sized soaking tub AND a shower? SOLD. The wifi worked great. The huge TV facing the bed was also nice as you could lie in bed and watch TV while watching the sun set or rise. The Illy coffee machine is a nice touch and I put it to good use both mornings. Mini-bar is nicely appointed and not unusually priced -- there's a decent bottle of red in there for $35 which isn't unreasonable. I swear, the room was so fantastic that I didn't want to leave it! I have no idea what the standard rooms are like in this place but if they're even a fraction as nice as the room I lucked out on, I'd take any one of them in a heartbeat. Thanks, Rodrigo. You rocked my world.

Amenities: Fantastic gym with views of the bay and top-notch equipment. There's a weight room as well. Free yoga classes for any who want them -- I think you just have to tip the instructors. There's also a full-service beautiful spa. I got the impression that weekends are slow there because the spa staff was really happy to show me around even though I hadn't booked a service. I spoke to several people coming out who raved about the massages and pedicures. The pool is on one side of the building and overlooks the Epic hotel next door, but it's nicely appointed and relaxing. There's no bar or cafe, though. You have to order things from room service I think.

Food/Room Service: This is the only place where the hotel falls just slightly short. And not because the food is terrible -- it isn't. But I stayed there on the weekend and the Daniel Bouloud restaurant downstairs was closed on Sunday night. I'd been interested in trying it out but when I arrived on Saturday there was a huge party going on and the place was booked so I didn't think to ask if they were open on Sunday and figured I'd just go. As a single traveler, I usually have no problem getting a table or a seat at the bar. But it was closed. I ended up ordering room service and the food was fantastic, so it worked out. Just a bummer that I couldn't have a nice relaxed Sunday night dinner on my last night in town. For reference, the room service meal was very good, moderately priced and delivered quickly. The service staff is also excellent.

In short: Excellent hotel with great amenities and a fabulous staff. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor with a view of the bay. Ask for an executive corner suite if you can. You wo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Enjoyed the other JW in Miami last year but this one is even better with great location, rooms and great service. It totally eclipses local Ritz Carlton's. Wish they had a nicer bar with a view as it was a shame to have to go over the road to enjoy the skyline at night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Posh,sofisticated with no frills,classy,this is JW Miami Marquis.Staff is amazing!!!I arrived at the hotel early nighr of last Saturday(10/12) and the lobby was full of guests of the Miami Gala Ball to support The Children`s Hospital.I was really afraid that the noise could affect my night rest,but Rodrigo,from the front desk,found us a room in the 37 th floor,a very quiet room as he have said and it really was.The room is large,extremely well decorated.The bathroom is also large too.I askrd for a mini fridge and they sent it quickly.THere is a desk computer,an Illy coffee machine,fax,and a lot of amenities.We had a great stay there!!!

Room Tip: THe higher the better!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights to attend a conference held in the hotel. Staff were very friendly, room was large with a great view and bathroom was the best I have seen in a hotel for a long time. I was really impressed by the in-room espresso machine and the free wifi throughout the hotel.

Only downside was difficulty in getting a cab sometimes as the outside of the hotel was often clogged with cars attempting to park.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for great views of the city but avoid if thunderstorms make you nervous.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!