“Great location and modern renovation” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   255 Biscayne Boulevard Way, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 130 hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Great location and modern renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very nice business hotel and excellent service. I stayed two nights and enjoyed both of them. The staff dealt with every request promptly and efficiently. The rooms have been extensively renovated and include every possible technology option except a charger for the IPhone 5. After a while, I found it easier to pick up the phone than make every request via the customized iPad. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the premium section of the hotel on 39th or 49th floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

744 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Simsbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My room was amazing - spacious, beautiful, clean, top quality and well furnished. It had a huge flat screen TV, large desk, computer in the room (very handy, but slow internet), floor to ceiling window the width of the room with a beautiful view of the water, turn down service including fresh ice, chocolate, etc., amazing bathroom with a flat screen TV built into the mirror, separate marble shower and tub, nice large marble counter, thick towels, good quality soap and shampoo, etc. I would have rated this hotel a "5", except when I called the front desk for a wake up call, they never answered the phone. I was on hold for about five minutes then I gave up. This should never happen at a hotel of this caliber. In fact, I have stayed at MUCH cheaper simple hotels (e.g. Comfort Inn) and they answer the phone immediately. The room also did not have enough lighting. This was a slight annoyance. The lobby was fine but nothing extraordinary. Apparently the hotel also has virtual bowling and golf.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clarita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

As a platinum elite Marriott Rewards member, I travel enough that rarely am I impressed by a hotel any longer. And after reading review after review of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami I did not think there was anyway the hotel could live up to the hype. Well, I was wrong on both counts.

This is a hotel that does both the big and the little things correctly. From a spotless room and friendly staff, down to the evening turndown service and chilled towels in the extravagant fitness center - everything was clearly thought of in designing this hotel.

At check in, I was immediately recognized for my platinum status and upgraded to an executive room on the concierge level. Since i checked in on a Thursday, I was able to utilize the concierge lounge on Thursday evening and Friday morning. Thursday included selections ranging from a tasty piece of filet to cheddar covered tater tots. Breakfast on Friday was standard fare, but good nonetheless. I do appreciate the new Marriott policy of offering points or a food credit should the lounge not be open on weekend. Although I do wish more hotels decided to keep the lounge open in lieu of offering points.

Now on to the crown-jewel of the hotel, the rooms! First off, the 52 inch flat screen made me want to sit around in my room the entire time I was not off at business meetings. And the 14 inch screen within the bathroom mirror added to that. A large workstation with personalized desktop computer is something rarely seen. And connectivity allowing mobile devices to hook directly into the smart TV was amazing (although I doubt many guests even realize this). An enormous bathroom with a separate soaking tub and shower, marble countertop and dual sinks was outstanding. There was plenty of counter space. And I appreciate daily replenishment of ALL the bathroom amenities, including liquid shower soap. To top it off, I had an amazing view of Biscayne Bay out my 37th floor window (although an odd decorative concrete ledge directly below the window obstructed the view a bit).

I enjoyed drinks in the dB bar each night and that ambiance and service were excellent. The prices not too bad either.

Now so you don't think I work for the hotel, there were a few minor issues. First, on the one morning I was able to sleep in, the housekeeping staff was incredibly loud, both with one another in the hallway and as far as slamming cabinets and cupboards in the rooms without being aware of their surroundings. I also noticed a fairly significant difference when I assume the housekeeper I had for the first 2 nights went off and a new one took over for the third night. There was no turndown service the third night and my ice bucket was not filled nor were bottles of water provided like the prior two nights.

I'm also not a fan of the mini-bars that charge you if an item is moved for more than 30 seconds. In a city as warm as Miami, an empty refrigerator to store one's own items would be nice.

But all in all, I can't see myself staying anyplace else in Miami.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Well, in full disclosure, I was in town for a convention and during set up, I stayed at a less expensive Marriott down the street. It was nice but this place is REAL nice. The room was beautiful and the service was great! Now the cost is high, but if you can afford it, it is a really sweet joint. The restaurants are good, not great. The location is a little odd, but if you are driving, it does not really matter. Heads up, the bar and room service will automatically charge you 18% tip. I missed it the first time. Still, a very nice place and worth a stay! Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you are on the correct side, the ocean views are great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A luxurious, unassuming hotel in the heart of Miami. Beautifully appointed, good pool, lots of amenities including virtual golf and bowling. Friendly staff especially in the lobby. Our room on floor 36 had great views. Except for the vibrant City of Miami, there was no reason to leave the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Foster City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

WE stayed there for 3 nights before the cruise. Took a cab from the airport ($40+). Very close to the AA arena and the outdoor shopping center with tons of resturants including Bubba Gump were we had our 1st dinner. The hotel is very ultra modern. Big rooms with windows floor to ceiling. Unfortantly a lot of high rises around so the view is a little obstructed. We were on the 30th floor and were able to see the ships turning. The pool is also on the 18th floor or so with super warm water. There is an espresso machine in the room with free espresso coffee (that's why I picked the hotel). We walked around the hotel and to the resturants. We also walked to the port although were told that it can't be done. We did it. We walked to the port crossing the bridge on foot. You won't see any one doing that except people from CA. We saw another family walking as well. After the cruise we walked back across the bridge and took the peoples movers (free) to the main station were we paid $2.00 each to get to the airport. Took (45 min).
Good hotel to stay and very clean and comfortable with big room.

Room Tip: Higher is better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in everything was exceptional. From the moment we pulled up until the moment we checked out. We were greeted by a guy called Pedro really nice guy who went out of his way to make us feel at home. When we went in to our large room with an impressive view. As we are from UK and unfamiliar with the area Pedro was kind enough to stay and give us some great info about the area and Miami.

The rooms are well equipped, beds comfortable. As we had 2 children and staying for a few days we were asked if we required a larger fridge to store some extra stuff we kindly agreed and it was there in minutes a nice gesture to say the least.

Pool lovely, gym really good and even virtual bowling for the kids. Parking was a little costly but I suppose this is a major city so this can be expected. Located in good area, lacking distance to bars and restaurants and a $15 cab ride to South Beach.

Overall all magnificent hotel with lovely staff. Would defo stay again. Thanks for making our stay a great stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!