“Very nice rooms, great location and excellent activities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Neftenbach
“Very nice rooms, great location and excellent activities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a couple of difficulties with the registration, they managed to get us perfect rooms. The service was okay, the activities great and the room really superb. The location is excellent, very fast to the airport, South Beach, Hardrock cafee and shops.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Haugesund, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hi

Stayed on the Marquis for one night with the family. It was a great experience from the Valet parking, reception,room, view from the room and service was exceptional. Cool pool at the 20th floor, no tiles! My wife was out walking in the morning when she returned she was welcomed with a bottle of water from one of the concierge guys. That is something else!

We loved everything. The service at all levels was great! They are all so helpful. The location is good as well with a short distance to Bayside shopping/restaurants as well as the Brickell park with a lot of restaurants.

If we are coming back to Miami we are defiantly staying here again.

Rune

Room Tip: 3017 good size room with as we thought a good view. Some might not like the view but we loved it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am so impressed with every aspect of this hotel. My teenage daughters and I checked into this hotel for 2 very lovely nights on our way to Key West. The minute you pull in to the valet you are greeted with genuine people who are happy to see you arrive. The check-in process was perfect. While the room was not quite ready because the concierge (Karen) was decorating it for my daughters birthday, we were personally escorted to the pool area by the very nice man who was checking us in. Most hotels would simply tell you where to go and wait, not personally escort you there! The accommodations are clean, luxurious, and roomy. The view from the corner suite was breathtaking. No matter what time of day it was, every employee greeted you. No one acted like they hated their job which made the entire experience a delight. I also have to mention Andres, concierge, who was so helpful in shipping my pillow back that I left. This is a must stay hotel if in Miami...you will not regret it! This is the level of service that I now expect at luxury hotels.

Room Tip: Corner suites are worth the upgrade - direct view of the Miami River!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
miami, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

In a nutshell: beautiful hotel, tastefully-decorated, CLEAN room, very comfortable bed, within walking distance to the (free) Metromover, nice pool, great views, service with a smile

Rodrigo at front desk was extra helpful. Thank you!.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times (at least 15 times). Every time it's exceptional service and every employee aims to please.

I'm a gold member with Marriott (50+ nights) so I get perks like upgrades and access to the concierge lounge. I'll get back to this.

As you drive into the property, you're overwhelmed (in a good way). There's the Valet staff dressed in Khaki ready to take your care and help with bags.

The lobby is kind of weird as it pulls you to the right, and the left looks like the entrance to an office building. Once you pass the escalator it's actually nice. Very modern and chic.

The check in agents are great. Out of all them making sure you get taken care of and they are very friendly. I don't even have to ask for an upgrade and they put me in their nicest room available (member perks).

I've stayed in their regular standard king and 2 queen rooms. They are spacious. Modern. Each has a computer station and a media hook up panel. The technology in this room is awesome. TV's inside the bathroom mirror, one of those cappucino machines with free coffee and what not, Some rooms have Apple TV. The TVs have apps like net flix so you can totally entertain yourself without even ordering movies from the Hotel. Pretty cool I think. Wireless handheld phones you can use throughout.

The only kind of annoying thing is your key has to be in a slot at the entrance of the room for their to be full power in the room. Like if you walk in withough placing it, you only get limited power throughout the room. Bathroom lights won't come on. So if you're in a rush to use the rest room and forget to slip in the key: you're goin in the dark. Not a deal breaker tho. There's also a doorbell. Which I think is super cool. Most of the hotels lack that.

The beds are ridiculous. Soft and plush with silky sheets. But that's kind of like Marriott's thing... super comfy beds.

Now I've also stayed in their corner suite and Jr. suite (king and 2 gueens). Rooms are similar except they are way larger. And they have a separate living room with another TV and pullout couch.

Most of the views are city views. I haven't really stayed in a room with a bay view. Not a big deal.

Now the concierge lounge: this is where gold membership is truly worth it. Normally, it's about $50 per night to get concierge lounge access. As a gold member it's complimentary. This property is one of the few that has 24 hour access to the lounge. At least every time I've stayed I've been able to access whenever I want. (if I am breakin any sort of policy... sorry!). In here you can get water, soda and light snacks most of the time. Between 6-10am there's free breakfast (american style buffet: eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and a fruit bar with cereal and breads). And at night they have finger foods you can nibble on. This saves me ALOT of money when i'm in Miami. When I come home from a night of partying and I desperately need water I come to the lounge and grab some. Sometimes they bake fresh cookies and I grab a few, make a hot chocolate, and just enjoy the view.

The View. OMG. you're 36 stories above the city and you get these stellar views of biscayne bay. If i get a crappy view in my room, it doesn't matter i'll hang in the concierge lounge. I've bought pizza and had it here while scoping the view. I've had bottles of wine here. Night caps. Morning caps. It's awesome.

Alot of properties will shut down their lounge over the weekends. ALOT. This one doesn't which make me love it more.

The pool is on the 19th level: Gym on 20th. The gym is real nice. Reminded me of being in a LA fitness. The pool is pretty nice. made of aluminum. so the sun heats it up naturally. It feels awesome under my feet. Walking on a smooth metal surface. I really like it. Like the other miami rooftop pools you get nice views of the bay. My only complaint is I wish it was open 24 hrs :)

Checking and checking out has always been a breeze. I've been at this hotel during the US open and it's a zoo. yet the staff is still able to manage my request accordingly and in a timely manner.

This hotel is truly exceptional in service and value. It's ultra modern and luxurious with amenities that are rare in other hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Commerce Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My 3 friends and I spent 24 hours at this beautiful hotel on our way to a Bahamas cruise. Even better than the gorgeous hotel, was the exceptional service we experienced with literally EVERY employee. At the top of the list is concierge, Andres Meneses. He was professional, courteous and attentive to our many questions and requests. I have never posted a hotel review because I have never wanted to recommend a hotel, but I unequivocally recommend this one!

Room Tip: Talk to Andres at the concierge desk!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

What else should I say when the vallet, bell boys, friendliest frontdesk and restaurant staff treat you like a king? I mean, I spent 10 days there and i have nothing different to say than it´s was a great pleasure to stay at JW Marriot. If you need any help, there´s always someone to make sure that your stay will be the best you´ve had. The whole staff is fast and handle all situations very professionally. Quietest room ever, not great but still good shower pressure, great bay view, nice TV screen. Best comfy bed and pillows ever. Every time you get into the room you fell that someone really took care of it in the best way she could do. IMO they should improve a little bit the variety of cheese on the breakfast buffet. The vallet takes a little longer to get your car but hey, ask it 10 minutes before leaving the room. I´m looking forward to stay there again. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for the bay view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!