“This hotel blew away my expecations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 129 hotels in Miami
Nebraska
“This hotel blew away my expecations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I always expect top notch service when I stay at a JW Marriott, but this hotel is above what top notch service can even dream of being. The location is perfect. The rooms are perfect. The staff is perfect. The concierge lounge is perfect. This property is urban and upscale....just how I like hotels. I am very glad I chose this hotel when I stayed in Miami.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Turkish first
Georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a day when I was in Miami for a business trip. The rooms are gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows and modern decor. The staff is exceptionally attentive and helpful. I requested a late check out and they accommodated me without any fuss. Further, they let me use the lounge until i was ready to leave for the airport. I would love to go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I just got home from a girls trip where we went on a cruise. I booked the Marriott Marquis in Miami to stay at before we left on Friday. Not only is the hotel and rooms beautiful, the staff, everyone from the bellman to the desk and especially Andres the concierge were amazing. Polite, courteous and wanting to do anything they could to make your stay wonderful and they did. The facility itself is beautiful, it even has a professional basketball court. When we asked if we could return to the hotel on Monday morning and have them keep our bags until we left for the airport in the afternoon, they not only said of course, they said we could have access to the pool, fitness center and shower if we wanted. And when we returned on Monday, they remembered us and accommodated us completely. Now that's customer service. We loved to so much we may return next year for our girls trip. Thank you to all., you made us fell very special. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Riverview, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late April for a quick weekend getaway to Miami. From check in to check out the service was outstanding. Hotel was perfectly situated in the middle of downtown Miami. The hotel staff her superb as always. Since we are Marriott Rewards members, we were upgraded to a jr. suite and access to the concierge lounge which was amazing! Overall, our new favorite spot in Miami.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was small but very clean and beautiful. I was not given my senior discount even though I am 75 years. They don't like to accept American Express because the fees are to high. Would never stay here again. I was here for a family funeral and I asked for 30 min late check out and the front desk guy was rude and told me no.

Room Tip: Horrible Staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two evenings and was really impressed. My room was upgraded to a Junior Suite and man was it nice! I don't think anymore technology treatments were missed. I especially liked the TV behind the bathroom mirror as I was shaving! The house keeping was very thoughtful and the room service was ever so prompt.
Got to experience the meeting room set up as well and this was equally impressive. I would definately recommend this hotel if you have to stay downtown and if you need a space for a meeting.
The check in staff could not have been friendlier either.

Room Tip: Be a Marriot Reward member and the rooms on the north side have the better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

this is a very nice hotel located a couple of minutes from brickell and next to the harbor so it has ones of the nicest views you can find in a hotel. the bathroom mirrors of the suites have tv's which is a very cool gadget, it also has very big tv's that you won't find in a common hotel(50 inches iirc). on the other hand, the manager of this hotel is one of the nicest persons I've found in a hotel in my life, he's one of those kind persons that always have a smile and a sincere greeting so any fault you could find in the staff is more than compensated for this guy's willing to help and interest in making your stay a formidable one. the only fault I found at this hotel was an uptight waiter in the bistro but the manager of the restaurant, a very polite and kind Colombian, offered us a dinner as a way of making things right which is going the extra mile so big props to him for it. shamefully we couldn't accept his invitation but nevertheless that's the kind of attention to detail that makes a restaurant great. the food was excellent by the way. The hotel charges like 50 dollars for valet parking and that's the only way of parking there so be prepared. the girls at the concierge level are very, very, very kind too so you can be certain that you will feel at home in the lounge.

Room Tip: choose the room with the harbor view, you can see billionaires yachts and some skyscrapers which mak...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!