“Gorgeous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Making the move to Brickell in Miami this weekend.. we orginally stayed here back in May 2013. Beautiful hotel with views to die for. Clean. Comfortable beds. Spacious Room. Great Service. Visiting again this weekend. Will recommend to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room. :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Turkish first
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is quite beautiful and our view from the 21st floor was pretty, though somewhat obstructed. Due to the location of this hotel, this view will be as good as it gets I think. The room was quite spacious and beautifully decorated. Everything was spotless. We did use the pool (tough to get sun, again due to the location) which was lovely. Hot tub seemed exceptionally small for a hotel of this size, but since it was slow during our visit this didn't matter. I loved the oversized lounge chairs and read out there for a few hours. The basketball court comes with a hefty price to use, though they did kindly allow my 14 year old son use the court for about 10 minutes without charge. The gym was superb - everything you need is there. We had breakfast at the concierge level and found it to be excellent, though we did have to wait both mornings for coffee to be refilled. The service overall was outstanding. Everyone made you feel welcome and special. My only real complaint was that we were very close to the elevator and the zooming noise all night was a bit much. I would ask for a room further away next time.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators as they make a zooming noise all night
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Both the WiFi in the rooms and the gym are included in the cost of the room. The gym was huge with fabulous views of Miami and plenty of equipment. It is open 24 hours.

I have only good things to say about the hotel: My room was very large with a real working desk. The bathroom amenities (shampoo, etc.) were of very good quality. The elevators were incredibly fast. The staff was helpful and efficient.

I would definitely stay here again.

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was in Town for a Coast Guard function. Stayed two nights and Loved it, Clean, plenty of dining choices in the Hotel (of which I did not have a chance to try). Staff were great. I arrived early in the AM and was checking with the Front Desk if I could leave my Luggage with them so I could walk around the City. Angelo was very helpful and then said he would get me a room as quick as he could. (I did NOT expect getting one, and I only wanted to leave my luggage) He said he would call me when one is ready. About 1 hour later as I was walking around and enjoying the sights, he called and had one ready! Nice!!
The room was beautiful, big screen TV, (didn't use it much! lol) Bathroom was CLEAN with a Shower and a FULL Tub, TV in the Bathroom mirror was cool!.
My interaction with staff during my stay was top notch. Got on elevator that contained TWO managers and was asked what THEy could do do make my stay better.
Staff from Valet Parking on up I was impressed with.

Hotel contains a Outdoor Pool and Whirlpool Spa on the 19th floor, Also a Bowling Alley, Golf Lessons and on the 20th floor is the Gym and Spa. Again CLEAN. everywhere

My only complaint is the price of Valet Parking 36 dollars a night!! But I believe its off Hotel Property so they have to pay a Garage

Room Tip: Water view rooms very nice!
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights while visiting family. Overall, was not particularly impressed and would not return.

Pros:
- good housekeeping staff - room was made up and turned down on time, with pillow chocolates.
- good 24 hour gym with a nice selection of machines, cold towels, water, and fruit and average lockers.
- tried out their spa (the massage was average), relaxing sitting area with fruit and water, as well as several kinds of hot tea
- enjoyed their dry sauna (also 24 hour, though I only used it during normal hours).
- good pool + hot tub (though no drinks, etc. service of any kind)

Cons:
- on checkout, one of the promotions that applied to part of our stay did not show up in their system and I had to show proof (my original booking) and even email it to the front desk person helping me. When I booked the hotel, I did so directly with the property and the person I spoke with said that the $50 daily credit could be applied to anything on the total bill. Lo and behold, at checkout I was told that each day's $50 could be applied only to that day's charges (*ex-room), so that if on one of the days my only extra charge was the $36 valet fee, I essentially lost the remaining $14. Eventually this was sorted out, but after a back-and-forth way longer than what I would have expected for a property such as JW Marriott Marquis.

- our room (3220) was near one of their "service" rooms and not far from the elevators. It was noisy and difficult to sleep at night. There was no real "view" despite being on a high floor.

- the actual design of the room was inconvenient - with a transparent bathroom door (though you could not see inside for example, it was impossible for one person to use the restroom at night without the light disturbing the other. For the same reason, not convenient to have a totally open/door-less toilet within the bathroom.

- would have been nice to have a normal mini-fridge rather than a sensor-equipped fully stocked minibar full of useless and really expensive items.

- breakfast (not included in the rate) was a total let-down. The "full buffet" for $25 pp had what you'd expect to see at a much lower grade hotel - a bunch of grocery store case looking breads and pastries, a very limited selection of yogurts and fruit, some hot dishes. Definitely not worth the price (and neither is the $16 pp "continental" version of same). We had breakfast at the hotel once, just because we were tired (having flown in from Europe) and did not feel like looking around in the area. We ordered a-la carte. The food was fine (though some of the raspberries in my yogurt had mold), but way too pricey for what it was.

- valet parking is $36 a day and our rental was damaged near the key-hole. Not saying this was done by one of the valets, but we didn't really leave the vehicle anywhere else for any real length of time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Pros: Nice, new hotel with nice views of water to south or city to north. Large rooms, new carpet, TV in bathroom mirror ... I liked most everything about my room, in fact. Super polite staff. Easy to get to from airport - take MetroRail ($2) to Government Central and MetroMover (free) to Knight Center. But you're staying at a Marriott Marquis, so saving $70 on the taxi from the airport probably isn't an issue.

Cons: Elevator noise. My room was half way down the hall between the elevator and the far end of the hotel and - OMG - the whirring sound of the elevator was constant. Even with my heavy-duty ear plugs, which effectively blocked the sound of the TV in the room next door and the gal gabbing on the phone for hours on end, also next door. Neighborhood around the hotel is sometimes posh (around) highrise apartments, sometimes seedy (most everywhere else). But it's downtown Miami, so what do you expect? ;-)

Room Tip: All the way down the hall, as far from the elevators as possible.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is nice, but is NOT JW quality. I've been to almost every JW Hotel in the US, and a few over sea's, and I LOVE them all. This one came up short.

The Cons:
I was here for 3 days on business during game 1 and 2 of the Heat Finals (I'm a bulls fan!). So i knew the hotel was going to be busy, but that is no excuse to wait for over an hour for my car to get pulled up.

Later that day pulled up to valet and tipped him 100 bucks and asked him to make my car a priority when I request it again later that night. So again when I requested my car I waited over 30 minutes for it to pull up.

I left some items in the car the next day, I asked to have it pulled up so i can retrieve them, after waiting for so long i asked if i can get them delivered to the room, i stayed up for over and hour and made 2 phone calls and was assured it would be right up. My items never came... I am not to mad about my stolen/lost items for could buy them again, I'm more upset about the fact that i lost sleep and time waiting up for my items.

The next day i called valet an hour in advance and when i went down it was parked on the side for me.

TIP: if you want your car, make sure you call way in advance.

Concierge was horrible, they could not answer ANY of my questions. My wife wanted to catch some sun while in the hotel pool, but because of the way the hotel is positioned the sun only shines over the pool for 3 hours a day. When i asked when the sun will be over the pool, his response was "its very cloudy out today, and there wont be any sun." I re-framed my question and asked "when is the sun going to be directly over the hotel," he responded by saying, "At this time of the year the sun does not shine bright, its a bad forecast this weekend." We eventually got our answer as i walked up to the pool and looked at the sun myself to see when it would rise over the hotel.

Also there are WAY to many "managers" working the front desk, everyone i spoke with said they were the managers.

TIP: The answer to my question is between 11:30-3pm the sun is directly over the hotel, best time to take a dip in the pool

We stayed in one night and ordered room service, I ordered the Steak and my wife ordered the Pork Chop, it was the WORST meal i EVER had! I mean WTF! i wanted to go down stairs and they my plate at the chef... who the F cooks like that!??? at a JW? really??

PROS: They DO try to be as polite as possible which i enjoyed.

Sarina at the front desk was amazing! We LOVED her, she took care of everything she could, and made our stay more enjoyable. If it wasn't for her we would have ended our stay sooner. She was polite and friendly and i am pleased to have met her. She helped give us a free meal for the hotel (Valet) losing our stuff. What was gone from the car was well over the cost of the food, but it was nice for her to do that.

Also,

Marisol the guest service/room service attendant was GREAT! She was always willing to send up what ever we needed, and always had a smile on her face. One time their wasnt any mouth wash so she ventured off to find us some! she is the BEST!

Over all stay at the hotel for the views and location, but done expect much else.

Room Tip: To have a great vacation, stay at another hotel. Unless you do not plan on asking for anything, then...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!