Pros: Nice, new hotel with nice views of water to south or city to north. Large rooms, new carpet, TV in bathroom mirror ... I liked most everything about my room, in fact. Super polite staff. Easy to get to from airport - take MetroRail ($2) to Government Central and MetroMover (free) to Knight Center. But you're staying at a Marriott Marquis, so saving $70 on the taxi from the airport probably isn't an issue.
Cons: Elevator noise. My room was half way down the hall between the elevator and the far end of the hotel and - OMG - the whirring sound of the elevator was constant. Even with my heavy-duty ear plugs, which effectively blocked the sound of the TV in the room next door and the gal gabbing on the phone for hours on end, also next door. Neighborhood around the hotel is sometimes posh (around) highrise apartments, sometimes seedy (most everywhere else). But it's downtown Miami, so what do you expect? ;-)
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.