My wife and I stayed in this hotel after returning from a cruise. This is a new hotel, and it shows. We had a room on a high floor (27) with a nice view of the bay. The room was very spacious and very comfortable. There was a big HDTV (over 42 inches) across from the bed, and there was a TV in the bathroom mirror! The bathroom had a full tub as well as a separate stand-up shower with two showerheads. The room also had a keyboard and terminal with internet access to use in case you didn't bring your computer. It was a little slow, so we used our PC with the ethernet cable that was provided.
The gym was really nice. All modern equipment and very clean. We had a great workout. We also took a tour of the spa, but it was very pricey, and the staff had an attitude.
The pool area was nice, but we were there on a chilly day. In the winter months, it appears that high rises block the sun from the pool area for much of the day.
The food in the restaurant (345, I think) for breakfast was very good, but the service was pretty bad (very slow or non-existent).
The bellhops were very courteous and on time when we were about to leave. It was also nice that they did call us a cab, rather than try to make us go in a car service.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Otel, Olotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.