My husband stayed and dined in this hotel for 24 hours before a cruise. The JW Marriot staff was amazing, above and beyond from any other hotel reception we have had in quite some time. I think the name of the lady at check in was Valencia. She was wonderful to us and answered questions throughout the day without genuine kindness. The GM, Florencia was also very kind in helping is with our reservation which had to be re-booked after hurricane Sandy.
The rooms are huge, spacious and clean. The water view was splendid. Though the experience of this hotel started to tank when I called the spa and spoke to Randall about booking a massage. He said he didn't know if he could schedule an appointment for a massage and said he would call me right back. 35 minutes later - no Randall. I called the spa again and got Randall - he apologized for not calling me, and booked me a 50 min massage at 4:00PM.
Initial plans were to sauna before my massage - but when I got in there I was freaked out to see giant toe nail clippings all over the benches. YUCK! So I went straight to the "relaxation lounge" where I was invited to enjoy tea. But alas - there was no hot water and virtual no amenities to speak of. Worst part - there were bout a half dozen dirty glasses and cups everywhere. Where the heck was the spa attendant?
The massage was great - but LATE! Massage began at 4:36 - 36 minutes late!!This is AFTER I went searching (naked in a bath robe) for an attendant or anyone to help - the place was empty. At the end of my massage I asked Randall to room charge the service with 20% gratuity for therapist. He said he could not room charge, he was out of room charge slips. (HUH?) I gave him a CC, and all my address, and all the additional info he needed to process the charge - waiting, waiting, waiting - he then says, ""Oops I entered something wrong -we need to start over!" - Forget it. - The relaxation I enjoyed vaporized!! Infuriating lack of customer service understanding!
Love the JW Marquis - Skip the Spa
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.