“Excellent stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 130 hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Excellent stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am a starwood platinum member and I usually stay at a Starwood property. But because of work, I get to stay at this hotel. Even though I don't belong to their Marriott program, the moment I checked in, I felt like I was treated with respect unlike the previous property I stayed at in South beach called the W. They immediately upgraded me to a nice room on a high floor and was eager to give me all the information I needed. The room I had was very spacious and clean. The view of the water was amazing!! I only paid the most basic rate and got this incredible room!! Every time I go through the lobby, I am treated with such friendly attitude and it makes me feel at home!!
Keep up the good work and don't be like the stuck up hotels in South beach!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

719 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Arrived to the hotel with my family (husband and an 18 months old) and saw the drive way was filled with bellmen or valet parkers. Walked into the reception desk, had only one agent. Front Desk agent was alright but did not use guest name nor give us a warm welcome. Check in process was a bit dull. Wanted to check with the Concierge to see where we could go for dinner and front desk agent said the concierge was on break. A bit weird there. But the bellman who was on duty took the initiative to provide more information and carried a causal conversation with me. He tried to make my little boy smile too. Room itself is fairly new but it was in turned down status...melted ice in the ice bucket. Husband loves it alot though since it is contemporary and modern. He even compared the room to Four Seasons Hong Kong. A huge working desk which it was not useful for us since we are family. Had room service and food was alright. Friendly room service server though. The service could have been improved... not sure if it is because the staff there was thinking that they had to work during the holiday?! Anyway, overall experience was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Marriott
- The rooms are huge
- One of the best basketball courts in a hotel in the world
- Jim Mclean golf academy indoors
- Great service
- Dark and sober ambient

Epic
- The rooms are very nice
- Gorgeous swimming pool in the 16th floor
- The view is gorgeous
- White and vibrant
- Great service

Bottom Line
- For business Marriot
- For pleasure Epic
- Gun in the head I would choose Epic

Room Tip: Water view only on one corner of the higher floors
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have to start by saying that the room I paid for and the room I got were completely different in a good way, just that fact alone is worth a high rating. Taking value out of the equation I have to say that all the staff I interacted with were amazing and friendly! Each one of them took time to have a conversation with us and they were not hurried or fake about it. The front desk staff are very knowledgable, the room service attendant was super friendly (at 3:00am), the valet staff was outgoing. I really can't find one fault with the staff, room, or location!

The reason for our visit was to attend a concert at the American Airlines Arena and is a short walk and we felt safe returning in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, amazing views!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for our last night after visiting the Florida Keys and was very impressed by the JW Marriot Marquis hotel. Check-in was simple and very quick, the rooms were lovely, very modern, large, comfortable beds, a great view of the city and a nice bathroom. Parking is $35 per night and is valet only which does seem expensive at first but other car parks in the area that i saw were $20 per day so didn't seem that bad in comparison.

Breakfast was included with our stay and was nice with a small buffet of fresh fruit and muffins and the the choice of freshly cooked omelets and pancakes. If you planning to spend some time at the hotel it does have some nice facilities to keep you busy and is the only hotel i have stayed at that has a full sized indoor basketball court on the 19th Floor.

I thought the location of the hotel was very good and the area did seem very clean and safe and was only a short walk from the Miami Bayside Marketplace that has a small number of shops and restaurants. It was also more quiet than the busy south beach area but only an easy 5 to 10 minutes drive away across the bridge when you wanted to go.

Overall the hotel is very nice and much better than other Marriotts i have stayed at. Being in the business district the hotel is more tailored to business travelers but would also recommend for couples wanting to stay a few nights in Miami.

Moraga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. I was here around a month ago, and got upgraded to the Beaux Arts. No such luck this time. Lots of excellent features to the room: huge TV with great picture; great room iighting; large and luxurious bathroom; best towels I've ever seen in a hotel; excellent bedding and bed; black out curtains; huge desk/work space; good sound insulation, and good-sized corridor from door to bedroom. No issues at all with the room. Small thing, but I noticed it both times that I checked in. Sort of a low energy lobby; granted, I arrived at midnight. The first time I was there, nobody to open the taxi door. The second time, someone, without asking, wheeled my small bag to the front desk, and wasn't particularly welcoming. Check in was smooth, but the lights are a little dim, and it was just one guy at the desk. Just gives a vibe that this huge luxo-property has one person at the helm during the late hours. In any case, I was impressed by the Beaux Arts and I was impressed by the JW. I know from my previous stay that it has a great pool, but, though I packed my stuff, that wasn't happening this trip, after the late arrival and rough transition from west coast time.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I love this hotel. My husband and I go to Florida, EVERY year. I love staying in the JW Marriot brand. We stayed at the Marquis in April of 2011 for our anniversary and it was so beautiful! It was very peaceful, exclusive and luxurious. What more can a princess ask for! If you are looking for a wonderful experience, this is the place to be. I had to out December 2011 for my stay because that was the only option available. The actually stay was the week of April 18, 2011. I just had to write my review.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!