“Allien X Predator or Marriott X Epic” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Sao Paulo
“Allien X Predator or Marriott X Epic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Marriott
- The rooms are huge
- One of the best basketball courts in a hotel in the world
- Jim Mclean golf academy indoors
- Great service
- Dark and sober ambient

Epic
- The rooms are very nice
- Gorgeous swimming pool in the 16th floor
- The view is gorgeous
- White and vibrant
- Great service

Bottom Line
- For business Marriot
- For pleasure Epic
- Gun in the head I would choose Epic

Room Tip: Water view only on one corner of the higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have to start by saying that the room I paid for and the room I got were completely different in a good way, just that fact alone is worth a high rating. Taking value out of the equation I have to say that all the staff I interacted with were amazing and friendly! Each one of them took time to have a conversation with us and they were not hurried or fake about it. The front desk staff are very knowledgable, the room service attendant was super friendly (at 3:00am), the valet staff was outgoing. I really can't find one fault with the staff, room, or location!

The reason for our visit was to attend a concert at the American Airlines Arena and is a short walk and we felt safe returning in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, amazing views!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for our last night after visiting the Florida Keys and was very impressed by the JW Marriot Marquis hotel. Check-in was simple and very quick, the rooms were lovely, very modern, large, comfortable beds, a great view of the city and a nice bathroom. Parking is $35 per night and is valet only which does seem expensive at first but other car parks in the area that i saw were $20 per day so didn't seem that bad in comparison.

Breakfast was included with our stay and was nice with a small buffet of fresh fruit and muffins and the the choice of freshly cooked omelets and pancakes. If you planning to spend some time at the hotel it does have some nice facilities to keep you busy and is the only hotel i have stayed at that has a full sized indoor basketball court on the 19th Floor.

I thought the location of the hotel was very good and the area did seem very clean and safe and was only a short walk from the Miami Bayside Marketplace that has a small number of shops and restaurants. It was also more quiet than the busy south beach area but only an easy 5 to 10 minutes drive away across the bridge when you wanted to go.

Overall the hotel is very nice and much better than other Marriotts i have stayed at. Being in the business district the hotel is more tailored to business travelers but would also recommend for couples wanting to stay a few nights in Miami.

Moraga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. I was here around a month ago, and got upgraded to the Beaux Arts. No such luck this time. Lots of excellent features to the room: huge TV with great picture; great room iighting; large and luxurious bathroom; best towels I've ever seen in a hotel; excellent bedding and bed; black out curtains; huge desk/work space; good sound insulation, and good-sized corridor from door to bedroom. No issues at all with the room. Small thing, but I noticed it both times that I checked in. Sort of a low energy lobby; granted, I arrived at midnight. The first time I was there, nobody to open the taxi door. The second time, someone, without asking, wheeled my small bag to the front desk, and wasn't particularly welcoming. Check in was smooth, but the lights are a little dim, and it was just one guy at the desk. Just gives a vibe that this huge luxo-property has one person at the helm during the late hours. In any case, I was impressed by the Beaux Arts and I was impressed by the JW. I know from my previous stay that it has a great pool, but, though I packed my stuff, that wasn't happening this trip, after the late arrival and rough transition from west coast time.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I love this hotel. My husband and I go to Florida, EVERY year. I love staying in the JW Marriot brand. We stayed at the Marquis in April of 2011 for our anniversary and it was so beautiful! It was very peaceful, exclusive and luxurious. What more can a princess ask for! If you are looking for a wonderful experience, this is the place to be. I had to out December 2011 for my stay because that was the only option available. The actually stay was the week of April 18, 2011. I just had to write my review.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We flew into Miami and headed straight for the hotel to 'rest up' for a few days before driving long distances. Our son who is a student came to visit us for a short stay so we had a room with with 2 Queen beds.
The Hotel is truly excellent - the rooms are stylish and very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. A decent size pool for swimming in - which makes a change as many US hotels have teeny pools. We could not fault the whole stay - great.
On one of the days we took a coach and boat tour of Miami to get our bearings. The Hotel Concierge arranged it. Whilst out and about I spotted the 'hop on - hop off' open top double decker bus like you get in London - which I would personally prefer as you can spend all day getting on and off and exploring. You can actually walk from the Hotel to where it is based at The Bayside Market Place. We ate at The Bayside at Forrest Gumps which was fun - I loved all the 'Mama said' quotes all around the restaurant. Our boat trip was okay although a little 'voyeuristic' for us - we didn't know it was 'a see the homes of the stars' theme where various stars homes were pointed out. Again with hindsight we'd rather have taken a water taxi across to South Beach which is a must to visit if you have time - great restaurants there - atmosphere. All in all we enjoyed our Miami stay very much.

Room Tip: Harbour view is a must!
Pound Ridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Marriot Marquis for almost a full week while I was in Miami for business. We extended our stay daily for 3 days and the staff was gracious and accommodating. Staff is always very friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. We had dinner twice at DB restaurant in the hotel using the hotel's free appetizer coupons. Food and service were both excellent. Hotel has nice gym and spa. Room was very comfortable with nice views of the bay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!