We stayed here for our last night after visiting the Florida Keys and was very impressed by the JW Marriot Marquis hotel. Check-in was simple and very quick, the rooms were lovely, very modern, large, comfortable beds, a great view of the city and a nice bathroom. Parking is $35 per night and is valet only which does seem expensive at first but other car parks in the area that i saw were $20 per day so didn't seem that bad in comparison.
Breakfast was included with our stay and was nice with a small buffet of fresh fruit and muffins and the the choice of freshly cooked omelets and pancakes. If you planning to spend some time at the hotel it does have some nice facilities to keep you busy and is the only hotel i have stayed at that has a full sized indoor basketball court on the 19th Floor.
I thought the location of the hotel was very good and the area did seem very clean and safe and was only a short walk from the Miami Bayside Marketplace that has a small number of shops and restaurants. It was also more quiet than the busy south beach area but only an easy 5 to 10 minutes drive away across the bridge when you wanted to go.
Overall the hotel is very nice and much better than other Marriotts i have stayed at. Being in the business district the hotel is more tailored to business travelers but would also recommend for couples wanting to stay a few nights in Miami.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Venere, Otel, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.