“I love this hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I love this hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I love this hotel. My husband and I go to Florida, EVERY year. I love staying in the JW Marriot brand. We stayed at the Marquis in April of 2011 for our anniversary and it was so beautiful! It was very peaceful, exclusive and luxurious. What more can a princess ask for! If you are looking for a wonderful experience, this is the place to be. I had to out December 2011 for my stay because that was the only option available. The actually stay was the week of April 18, 2011. I just had to write my review.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We flew into Miami and headed straight for the hotel to 'rest up' for a few days before driving long distances. Our son who is a student came to visit us for a short stay so we had a room with with 2 Queen beds.
The Hotel is truly excellent - the rooms are stylish and very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. A decent size pool for swimming in - which makes a change as many US hotels have teeny pools. We could not fault the whole stay - great.
On one of the days we took a coach and boat tour of Miami to get our bearings. The Hotel Concierge arranged it. Whilst out and about I spotted the 'hop on - hop off' open top double decker bus like you get in London - which I would personally prefer as you can spend all day getting on and off and exploring. You can actually walk from the Hotel to where it is based at The Bayside Market Place. We ate at The Bayside at Forrest Gumps which was fun - I loved all the 'Mama said' quotes all around the restaurant. Our boat trip was okay although a little 'voyeuristic' for us - we didn't know it was 'a see the homes of the stars' theme where various stars homes were pointed out. Again with hindsight we'd rather have taken a water taxi across to South Beach which is a must to visit if you have time - great restaurants there - atmosphere. All in all we enjoyed our Miami stay very much.

Room Tip: Harbour view is a must!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pound Ridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Marriot Marquis for almost a full week while I was in Miami for business. We extended our stay daily for 3 days and the staff was gracious and accommodating. Staff is always very friendly, well trained and knowledgeable. We had dinner twice at DB restaurant in the hotel using the hotel's free appetizer coupons. Food and service were both excellent. Hotel has nice gym and spa. Room was very comfortable with nice views of the bay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was completely surprised and impressed wit this property. The rooms are stunning, very contemporary, great linens, lighting, and stunning bathrooms. The products are high end, there is a tv in the mirror of the bathroom, a really neat experience while you are in the soaker tub or in the spacious stand up shower. The towels must be an 800 threadcount, they are so soft.

There are floor to ceiling windows, facing the harbour. Just beautiful.

The property's restaurants are good. I ordered room service and the salad I ordered was good.

The meeting facilities are very nice as well. I HIGHLY reccommend this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami a few times for work now. The place is great. This is a hotel that would cost well over $500/night if it were in the heart of New York or Washington, D.C. It's a great value and nice excellent the board.

When you first get in you will see a nice wall-waterfall outside with their logo as the backdrop. Inside is a spacious lobby with a pretty raindrop-like chandelier. The hotel is state of the art with the room key working as a proximity card. You just need to hold your card up to the sensor on the door to enter (no need to even take the key out of your wallet for example). I find this convenient and something most hotels don't have. The rooms are nice with the standard TV in the mirror in the bathroom that you get in most JW Marriotts. In reality the rooms are what you would expect from a JW -- which is a good thing.

The breakfast is nice and the service is good. There's a bit of shopping one can do but I didn't visit any of the stores. Also, on the lobby level around the corner there is an old Wells Fargo wagon on display. It's worth a quick visit if you find that sort of thing interesting. Right nearby the hotel is the Epic and the Hyatt Regency. You are a bit of a way from South Beach (SoBe) of course. If you want to catch a cab I'd recommend just calling one from the hotel. The road is one way and you will have to spend some time just making your way back around, but we opted to catch a cab from the Hyatt Regency across the street. The place was a freakin' circus and ghetto. There were people running everywhere, one dude smoke pot, and it seemed generally out of control. Maybe it was just the day but I'd avoid even walking over there. Talk about night and day different.

This hotel also has a full size basketball court, outside pool, pool table, indoor electronic golf driving range thing, and some other cool stuff. Everything but the outside pool does cost money but it's pretty nice. That's something you don't see in many hotels.

Room Tip: As always I'd just recommend a higher floor with a better view. Try to face the bay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful on all measures. I was upgraded to a Suite, probably because the hotel was fully booked. All was perfect from reception, to rooms.
The room is huge, nice views and the BR is great with a tub and a shower. They provide plenty of towels and Arometherapy toiletry. There is an Illy coffee maker that makes a great espresso. Because it is a suite i had a desk and a PC and 2 huge LCD TVs. What a shame that the bottle of water is 6$. The mini bar is one of those e ones, u move it, u are billed.

I was there for a meeting, i was disappointed by the Dinner, lunch, breakfast room. It is cheap, poorly decorated and not up to par at all with the rest of the Hotel. Also because we were 500 persons, the elevator was a nightmare. I had tomtake stairs 2 times.

The Gym is great, lot of Technogym equipement and free weights. Men locker room is great with a Sauna. A steam room would have been good. They have the usual body lotion, shaving kits etc.. Loved it.

There is a swimming pool on 19 th floor, looks nice but indid not try it.
Overall great Hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed one night pre-cruise at this beautiful hotel. Firstly, the staff are friendly, and make you feel welcome even before you walk in the front door. The rooms are spacious, well decorated, and clean. I do wish we had a better view, but, a good nights sleep is more important. We would return again when in Miami.
Special "Hats Off" to Xavier, who not only welcomed us, but wished us a good trip upon our departure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!