We flew into Miami and headed straight for the hotel to 'rest up' for a few days before driving long distances. Our son who is a student came to visit us for a short stay so we had a room with with 2 Queen beds.
The Hotel is truly excellent - the rooms are stylish and very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. A decent size pool for swimming in - which makes a change as many US hotels have teeny pools. We could not fault the whole stay - great.
On one of the days we took a coach and boat tour of Miami to get our bearings. The Hotel Concierge arranged it. Whilst out and about I spotted the 'hop on - hop off' open top double decker bus like you get in London - which I would personally prefer as you can spend all day getting on and off and exploring. You can actually walk from the Hotel to where it is based at The Bayside Market Place. We ate at The Bayside at Forrest Gumps which was fun - I loved all the 'Mama said' quotes all around the restaurant. Our boat trip was okay although a little 'voyeuristic' for us - we didn't know it was 'a see the homes of the stars' theme where various stars homes were pointed out. Again with hindsight we'd rather have taken a water taxi across to South Beach which is a must to visit if you have time - great restaurants there - atmosphere. All in all we enjoyed our Miami stay very much.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.