“First Class Miami Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Houston, Texas
“First Class Miami Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Some of our staff stayed here beginning the day before TS Isaac hit so that we would be in place for a meeting across the street the day after the storm left. It was Sunday and the pre-storm winds and heavy rain started as we were arriving. So we got to sit out the storm from the top floor of one of the most luxurious business district hotels I have ever experienced in the U.S. Because we were stuck in the hotel for 2-3 days at a time when its occupancy was low, we got to experience every detail of it. I really dont know where to start. Every hotel employee we came into contact with was friendly, super professional, and helpful. The hotel itself if magnificent. The decor is very sophisticated and contemporary, yet warm and comfortable. The second floor lounge was quiet and had intimate seating areas where you could enjoy conversation or viewing the scenery of the bay. The hotel has 3 restaurants, cafe, main restaurant, and luxurious DB. The fitness center had everything including a nice view. The concierge lounge blew us away. Situated on the 36th floor, it had a spectacular view of the bay, the ocean, and Miami Beach in the distance. The decor of the concierge lounge was beyond great. You felt like you were in a very expensive private club or yacht. The food was light but chef prepared and the wine selection was small but first class. They had Prosecco which I have never seen in any concierge lounge and Ferrari-Carano cabernet was their bar wine. Then comes the best part - the sleeping room. Wow. The bed was very comfortable, the decor was consistent with the rest of the hotel (sophisticated, contemporary, but warm and comfortable. The electronics in the room are upscale including a desktop computer which allows you plug in your flash drive and get to work without using your own laptop. I preferred my own computer and the Wi-Fi was speedy and always worked. The bath area was luxurious and super clean. There was a TV behind the mirror in the bathroom for you to catch the news or weather as you get ready to go out. The bath tub was my favorite - big and deep. My only disappointment was the wiring or programming snafu in the main TV connections. I carry old movies to watch from my laptop when I travel on business and the HDMI connection didnt work because the HDMI input was not connected correctly to the HDMI setting on the TV (the input was HDMI 1 but the TV program had only been programmed for HDMI 2.) Luckily the hotel staff had an old fashioned VGA cord like the ones we use to connect monitors to computers and we plugged into the PC port - so everyrhing worked fine. I travel a lot and guess that I am a little jaded about hotels in general. At the JW they will treat you like royalty and fix any problem immediately. If you stay here, you will love every minute of it.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay side room. It is worth every penny.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
tauruscuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This hotel is just amazing in every sense of the word,luxury in every corner,i'm posting pictures along with this review.I will be coming back.Large rooms with comfy beds and all the amenities ,a full basketball court on the 19th floor,also a billiard room,bowling,shops etc..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The friendliest staff that we have encountered in a very long time. Close to Bayside and to Brickell Village. Great view from the room. Fine restaurant in the lobby and a nice bar and restaurant on the 2nd floor.

Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for the remainder of our stay in Miami after we made a huge mistake by staying at it's sister property down the road (JW Marriott Miami - Brickell) We wished we had stayed here from the beginning. As soon as you walk into the Marquis you feel welcome, The lobby is spacious and very welcoming. Front line staff couldn't have been more helpful. The rooms here are absolutely amazing, we had a basic room with two double beds but still felt that we had a lot of space to move around in the room. Washroom is huge and modern. Internet worked perfectly and was free. The pool on the 19th floor is fabulous and is well kept. Staff on the 19th floor also quite courteous.

All in all I don't have any complaints, This was by far one of the best hotels I have experienced in my life. Keep up the good work guys! You deserve #1 on TA

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the bay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
upstate ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. My husband and I stayed at this hotel last week and we loved it! Front desk was very professional. We were on the 18th floor I believe. As soon as we walked in we could see a gorgeous view of downtown Miami. Windows were ceiling to floor almost wrapped around the entire room............ breathtaking! Really spacious as well. We had a corner room so maybe that's why there was so much space. Cleanliness is a MAJOR factor for me and I was definitely satisfied. We only spent one night so I can't comment on room service, gym etc. but I would not be surprised if it's fantastic. My only complaint would be that there is no balcony. If this place had that extra luxury it would surely be my #1 pick in Miami. Also the computer was a little hard to manage as well. However I would still stay here again and definitely recommend it.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for our anniversary. The hotel was very clean and bed was extremely comfortable. I think the building is less than 2 years old, so everything was pretty new. The bathroom was very nice too. I can compare it to 5 stars hotels in LasVegas! The outdoor pool was fantastic, it is on 19th floor and made of stainless steel! The valet parking was pretty expensive, but it is downtown area and you can't expect anything cheaper!

Room Tip: Don't stay at 21th floor, it is above gym and noisy! Ask for a bay view room
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Get ready to be wowed - television in the elevator, television in the bathroom, Illy coffee maker, gorgeous bathroom, amazing views.

This hotel is awesome; location is ideal; close to South Beach but not too close. Very very clean and new. The hotel staff was unbelievably nice; Santiago at check in was superb. The front desk staff, concierge, housekeeping, vale staff were welcoming and ready to help. Some of the housekeeping staff and valet staff did not speak a word of English but there were all willing to help.

The pool is very unique; looks like it is lined with stainless steel. i twas a good experience to use the pool. There were no extra fees for using the sauna, locker rooms, showers and gym. everything was pristine.

Was very impressed with the Illy coffee maker in the room.

The down side was the breakfast; we did not choose the buffett; we ordered off the menu. the food was not bad but there was nothing special about it either. Very average food tasted like an Embassy Suites buffet. Next day we walked to a nearby French cafe; it was OK as well. The coffee shop in the hotel is only open on weekdays.

There is no inexpensive parking around the hotel. We looked everywhere; it is best to use the hotel valet.

While we were there we saw Sandra Bullock who was also staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!