Some of our staff stayed here beginning the day before TS Isaac hit so that we would be in place for a meeting across the street the day after the storm left. It was Sunday and the pre-storm winds and heavy rain started as we were arriving. So we got to sit out the storm from the top floor of one of the most luxurious business district hotels I have ever experienced in the U.S. Because we were stuck in the hotel for 2-3 days at a time when its occupancy was low, we got to experience every detail of it. I really dont know where to start. Every hotel employee we came into contact with was friendly, super professional, and helpful. The hotel itself if magnificent. The decor is very sophisticated and contemporary, yet warm and comfortable. The second floor lounge was quiet and had intimate seating areas where you could enjoy conversation or viewing the scenery of the bay. The hotel has 3 restaurants, cafe, main restaurant, and luxurious DB. The fitness center had everything including a nice view. The concierge lounge blew us away. Situated on the 36th floor, it had a spectacular view of the bay, the ocean, and Miami Beach in the distance. The decor of the concierge lounge was beyond great. You felt like you were in a very expensive private club or yacht. The food was light but chef prepared and the wine selection was small but first class. They had Prosecco which I have never seen in any concierge lounge and Ferrari-Carano cabernet was their bar wine. Then comes the best part - the sleeping room. Wow. The bed was very comfortable, the decor was consistent with the rest of the hotel (sophisticated, contemporary, but warm and comfortable. The electronics in the room are upscale including a desktop computer which allows you plug in your flash drive and get to work without using your own laptop. I preferred my own computer and the Wi-Fi was speedy and always worked. The bath area was luxurious and super clean. There was a TV behind the mirror in the bathroom for you to catch the news or weather as you get ready to go out. The bath tub was my favorite - big and deep. My only disappointment was the wiring or programming snafu in the main TV connections. I carry old movies to watch from my laptop when I travel on business and the HDMI connection didnt work because the HDMI input was not connected correctly to the HDMI setting on the TV (the input was HDMI 1 but the TV program had only been programmed for HDMI 2.) Luckily the hotel staff had an old fashioned VGA cord like the ones we use to connect monitors to computers and we plugged into the PC port - so everyrhing worked fine. I travel a lot and guess that I am a little jaded about hotels in general. At the JW they will treat you like royalty and fix any problem immediately. If you stay here, you will love every minute of it.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Venere, Otel, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.