Attending a conference, we stayed two nights late May. Entering our room, we were floored. We had been upgraded by the conference organizers and the hotel to a VIP suite--room 3708 Don't know whether it was because it was my 55th birthday or that was giving a keynote speech but greatly appreciated the surprise.. We have traveled a fair bit internationally and domestically, but, this was definitely the nicest room we have ever stayed in. And, as I told my husband, the nicest place that we will ever stay again.
The VIP suite should definitely be on your list if you are planning a honeymoon or other special occasion. Guest bathroom, living room with a 54 inch TV, frig, coffee maker, desk, computer (yes, that is right--computer). The bedroom had king size bed, large closet, another 54 inch TV. The bathroom had separate compartments for toilet and shower. Tub with floor to ceiling windows (offices across the way means need to remember to keep shades down). Two sinks with TV built into the mirror.
Service was great. And the extras! The first night we had a fruit bowl delivered. The second night, we had cheese, wine and crackers delivered. We had free access to the concierge level which had free hot breakfast in the morning and snacks in the afternoon. Choice of TWO newspapers (delivered in the morning hanging in bag on the door) made hubbie very happy.
Only glitch was when hubbie left the pool--you can't go out the way you came in. There are two exits, and one takes you into an exit stairwell. So, he had quite an adventure making his way back into the hotel, going through valet parking and ending up in a business section of the hotel that was not connected to the rooms. I would also have appreciated better lighting on the in-room desk, had to move one of the lamps so could see better while I worked.
The hotel does not have a shuttle, but, taxis to the airport are easy to catch at the front door with the assistance of the staff. Make sure that when you arrive you give the exact location of the hotel--there are two Marriotts in downtown Miami so rather confusing.
If you are attending meetings, also plan on layers. It was rather cold in the conference rooms even though warm outside.
Regards to meals, hubbie recommends nearby Rosa Mexicana for delicious fish tacos. The concierge level breakfast is more than satisfying with Illy coffee, tea, juice, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit etc. Only had takeout dessert from the hotel restaurant DB Moderne, but, that was good and beautifully presented. The pastry chef came out and helped me select something that would be gluten-free. PANDAN SCENTED RICE PUDDING with Caramelized Banana, Coconut Foam and Mango/Banana Sorbet. They insisted on having it delivered to the room.
Despite this being a business trip and my having to work on grant applications and speeches, it really felt more like a holiday stay. What a nice hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel Miami
- Jw Marriott Marquis Miami Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The JW Marriott Marquis Miami is situated in Miami’s new Metropolitan Miami development. The first-to-market JW Marriott property boasts 313 guestrooms, inclusive of 56 suites, along with a broad array of amenities, including renowned chef-restaurateur, Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne. Offering a diverse setting for business, meeting and pleasure travel pursuits, the 41-story hotel features three concierge levels; 80,000-square-feet of total function space including a 20,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom; and one of the most unique indoor sports, lifestyle and entertainment complexes of any hotel in the U.S. The 50,000-square-foot, two-story indoor facility includes a NBA-approved basketball arena, tennis court, Jim McLean Golf School, virtual bowling alley, billiards, full-service Rik Rak Salon & Spa and more. Owned and operated by Met 2 Hotels LLC, the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is located at 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Venere, Otel, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.