“Great hotel, great basketball court” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great hotel, great basketball court”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed here for a conference - great conference facilities, great rooms and a fantastic basketball court. Teh conference seating is the best I've ever experienced : a mix of couches, bat tables and desks - awesome. Floor to ceiling windows with fantastic views of the bay. And the Miami Heat (apparently) shoot hoops occasionally on the court.

Room Tip: Bay facing is the way to go.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami one night prior pre cruise. Got a great deal on Last Minute Travel.

This is without a doubt one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in! The contemporary rooms are large, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom spectacular! Unbelievably comfortable bed and pillows and very large flat screen TV.

The staff made us feel like we were in an upscale boutique hotel - all very friendly and helpful without being annoyingly friendly! A manager who we met on the elevator going to dinner offered to take us up to their other hotel on the very top floors to show us those room , which I would guess are really spectacular!- but after a delayed flight we were too hungry at that time.

We have often stayed at other Marriotts and the only other time we stayed in downtown Miami was at the Marriott up the street for the Miami boat show a few years ago. What a HUGE difference !!!

Great location if your going on a cruise or want to be in downtown Miami.

Only con: walls a little thin. There was an especially loud family in the room next to us, which was annoying for a while, but I think if it were just people talking normal, it wouldn’t be a problem.

Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

This place is really nice. My wife and I felt very intimidated pulling up to the hotel in a rented Toyota Prius. I was fortunate to have found an opening special as we would normally not stay in this type of property. The room was massive and everything was new and perfect. The area felt very safe to me. We were able to walk to Bayside for dinner and felt safe doing so.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

The JW Marriott Marquis is in downtown Miami. The hotel and staff are excellent. The rooms are large, furnishings are wonderful, bed is very comfortable, bathroom is extremely large with TV in the mirror. You will be blown away when you open the door to your hotel room.You can walk to Bayside (many shops and restaurants) from the hotel along the bay via a walk area. The hotel has 4 restaurants and cafes that are top notch (di Bistro Moderne, Thirty Five Restaurant, Intermezzo Gourmet illy Coffee Bar, and Met Cafe & Bar). I could not believe there was a Bowling Alley, NBA approved Basketball court, a billards room, and Jim Mclean Golf School. They have a top notch spa, fitness center, yoga studio and great pool. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Perfect downtown location, big chain hotel, sumptuous lobby, restaurant, great amenities (NBA basketball court!), spacious room, amazing decor...Everything brand new!
Very good breakfast and helpful professional service.

Room Tip: try to get bay view.
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I wish I good give them six stars. I stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis the night bfeore my Western Caribbean Cruise in October 2011. Clean, clean, clean and extremely high tech. The pool area left me awe struck. The hotel seemed brand new, the lobby was sparkling. The elevator hasd a large screen television in the wall that had CNBC on it. The staff provided us extra special service since I had just returned from a military deployment and celebrating wedding anniversery. I felt so honored. The bay view corner room was fantastic. The breakfast in the concerige lounge was top-notch, the staff in the lounge, the front desk, the bell staff , and the housekeeping staff were the best I have ever seen. I have stayed at several hotels on 5 different continents and this hotel beats them all.

I hope to go back one day!! My wife and I walked to Bayside and the hotels the location convient to many activities. Don't miss it.

Room Tip: Higher Floor facing the bay. Lounge Access.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

JW Marriott Marquis is very beautiful hotel with a lot of appointments but the staff was lacking. We traveled to the JW to spend New Years and unwind from a very stressful 2011. When checking-in initially the desk clerk couldn't find the reservation. I called the Marriott reservations and the JW directly to inform that we would be late due to travel delays so I just knew there wouldn't be a problem. After getting assistance from another staff member, life was sort of good. I will hit on the good points and bad points. Good: Large modern beautiful rooms with lots of room to spread out., computers in the rooms (I assume all rooms) with free internet access. Wireless in the rooms. great views for our room of the bay. Comfy chairs. The concierges were very helpful. The Bad: HORRIBLE ROOM SERVICE!! We tried it twice and twice it was bad. The mattress had a major dip in the middle, I mentioned it to the house keeper and she gave me a blank look...no speeky english. The bathrooms is nice but very dim. The valet guys were nice but were not very organized, for $37 per day valet fee, I expect the valet guys that are on the ball. I will say the manager (Quinton?) did remove the room service charges and gave us other amenities to compensate for the bad room service experience. I will say the staff needs work but they did try. I would stay here again. Recommended.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, preferably on the bay side
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!