“Nice, new property within close proximity of Miami fun.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 15% off + More
Ranked #2 of 130 hotels in Miami
Orlando, Florida
“Nice, new property within close proximity of Miami fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

The hotel is beautiful. It was very quiet when we visited. The restaurants and common areas were pretty empty. Not what I expected for Miami. I don't know if we visited on an off weekend or if this hotel is still a hidden gem. I like to think we found a hidden gem.
The staff was great. We booked a standard room and received a nice upgrade without asking. We were surprised to check into a suite. It had a living room with a desk and computer (free internet). The bedroom and bathroom were spacious. There were TV's in every room.
The hotel offered a great rate. Although you have to valet (at $32), I found a breakfast package that covered room, parking and breakfast at little more than just the room. In addition to free internet, they had free water and coffee in the rooms. They also had evening turn-down service. Small amenities, but nice considering that some hotels charge extra for everything.
The location was good. We walked to (the very touristy and kinda cheesy) Bayside Marketplace. It was a nice walk along the bay. The hotel was also an easy drive to South Beach.
We enjoyed the rooftop pool. Some reviews say you shouldn't stay here JUST for the pool so I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but it was a beautiful pool and it had a spa/hot tub as well. Plus, you can't beat the view from the 19th floor. The pool level also had a basketball court, bowling alley, pool tables and more all available for rent. Might be fun if you were with a wedding party or large group. My only complaint was that there was no poolside drink service.
All-in-all, a great hotel. Booking a hotel in Miami is intimidating as they often are not as advertised. But this is clean, well-kept, new, fun and in a good location. Plus, it's reasonably priced. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Great room rates online. Be aware that you have to valet which is $32. So look for a package.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

719 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Turkish first
San Juan, Puerto RIco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Excellent! Beautiful room, great service, nice location. Worth the price! If you staying in Miami, stay at the JW, you will not want to leave the room!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

JW Marriott Marquis Miami exceeded ALL my expectations. From the time we stepped into the hotel until we left we were treated like we were the only important guest there. (ofcourse I'm sure all other guest felt the same). Friendly staff was by far a plus. Amaury, our cuban bellhop was an absolute sweetheart with a beautiful accent. He was so welcoming and accomadating when showing us to our room demonstrating how everything works. (the room key activating the power in the room was quite impressive) He was the perfect gentleman. The hotel was amazing. (My highlight was the TV embedded in the bathroom mirror.) Since my friend was going away to South Africa I wanted to upgrade our room. To my surprise when I called the day of check-in to inquire about upgrades, my room was already upgraded to a Bay view. How excited I was.. The view from the room was aaaamazing... Breakfast in 345 was delish as well. Kind of wish the omelette man smiled more. We only stayed the one night but believe you me....We WILL be returning for longer...I was also very much impressed with the valet attendants. My friend dropped a piece of paper on the ground and about 4 or 5 guys dove at it to pick it up for her...My thought: "Shivery is NOT dead"!!! Loved my 1st JW Marriott hotel experience and will return soon!! :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Statham, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Reserved last minute after canceling reservations at Eden Roc after reading terrible reviews about Eden Roc from Trip Advisor. So Glad we did. JW Marriott is new, contemporary, excellently located. We had a junior suite with a spectacular view of the bay. Breakfast complimentary on concierge floor is excellent. We used ultra-modern workout area complete with virtual bowling, gym--you wish for nothing. Spectacular in summary. Pool, located on 19th floor is quite nice but stays in shade due to proximity of other high-rise buildings is only drawback. Hotel is ideal for business, conventions. We rented a car to travel to South Beach, and traffic is quite daunting if beach is your goal for your trip. Beautiful accommodations, excellent overall

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family stayed at the hotel for a one night stay due to a canceled flight to DFW. We had no luggage and no where to go. We were so lucky to come across the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami. Wow, what a great room. We actually requested one of their cheaper rooms due to our situation. We just needed a place to rest our heads and then go to the airport the next morning. Front desk had toothbrushes to give us and also gave us a great room with great views. We were so pleased. We arrived at 11pm and ordered dominos pizza. The front desk walked the guy up to our 22nd room to verify he was there to deliver pizza to us. We also ordered a bottle of wine from room service that was there in a flash to open and serve. I will also tell you that our $200 room was sooooo much nicer than our $1000 dollar a night room at Atlantis, the Reef in the Bahamas. It was a welcoming site to have a fantastic room with stuff we had never seen. Im sure for the savvy traveler that a swanky hotel is a standard with all the bells. For us, the Four Seasons is a standard. I have yet to see a four seasons with the a mirror image TV in the bathroom mirror. Fabulous up to date faucets and shower heads, great up to date decor, phone system updated with your name and info, comfy bedding, and the biggest flat screen Ive seen in a hotel room. Bigger than ours at home! it was as big as the width of my driveway to the garage. We really enjoyed our very short visit in Miami.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
PVD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I just enjoyed a flawless stay at this JW Marriott property. The rooms are clean and well appointed. We didn't hear a sound from neighboring rooms or guests in the hallway. The waterfront view from our thirty-third floor room was spectacular. The mini-bar was well stocked and the in-room espresso maker was a nice touch.
Daniel Boulud's restaurant, DB Bistro Moderne, is located at this hotel. It has a great happy hour and Jack the bartender makes a fantastic cocktail. Spend some time here.
In regards to location, this Marriott doesn't have much to offer in the area but if I find myself in downtown Miami again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
South Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Hotel is downtown Miami of course on a one-way street, so you will have to be careful and be in the correct lane to turn into the driveway. Nothing much to the lobby is huge clean and nice enough. On the ground floor is a fancy French restaurant very beautiful in the bar area and in the dining area too. Everyone there was very nice and enjoyed telling us everything there is to know about the location. So room- they are very very very nice. Nice and large comfy bed, nice size restroom, the only thing tight was the shower stall. The lights were something new to me. Technology is really advanced when the key to your room controls the lights in the room. I never thought people leave on lights that much, but clearly they must. After our spa services we got in the bed around 5pm and we slept until 9pm that very same night. The hotel was so peaceful, quite clean and very nice views, this made everything perfect for our quick visit. We were only suppose to stay 1 night, but we loved it so much we stayed two. It was a nice change from the South Beach hustle and it was still close enough to go to the beach in a short 10 min ride. I would suggest this hotel to anyone that's looking for a nice place to stay downtown Miami

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!