“Won't use them again.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 234 Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Boats and Yachts from 20 feet to mega-yachts 100 feet plus!We specialize in making sure every guest receives VIP treatment during the voyage and to make every special occasion a time to rememberWe provide Miami Yacht Charters and Powerboat Rentals.Miami Boats for Rent and Yacht Rentals- One Flat Fee Covers all your guests.Golden Yacht Charters - This is what we do, this is all we do, and it just so happens that we do it extraordinarily well. Please see our different adventures and packages and book your next Yacht Charter or Boat with us.
Long Beach, New York
“Won't use them again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place has the worst costumer service (when there is a problem anyway) I had seen a lot of negative reviews on yelp, but decided to give them a chance and stop in to get my own impression. Everything seemed ok...

I got this boat rental when I had friends in town for two days. I booked through them, they honored the living social deal which was running at the time (I know companies don't end up seeing much money from these deal websites so I always try to book directly). We showed up at 1:30 the time we were to depart and were told that our boat had a problem, we were being upgraded, but the only problem was that the boat wouldn't be ready until about 2. No big deal. Came back at 2, the boat still had not been returned from its original appointment. 3:30 the boat finally was returned, we got out on the water a little before 4....2+ hours of waiting and now the warm part of the day is gone and dark is near......the only thing the company offers to make anything better is giving me credit to come back to use the two hours I didn't use (I don't live there so I don't see that happening, plus I already paid for those hours) and 20% off my fuel. Big woop, the prime time of the day wasted on the dock and they only offer me $14 off fuel??? What a joke.....I thought I was extremely reasonable during this whole interaction and from years in hospitality I'm used to companies working to make their costumers happy, make costumers want to tell others and come back again, make their business not have to use sites like groupon to more people through the door.

Once we were on the water everything was wonderful, our captain was great. I just cannot express enough my disappointment in the lack of resolve for this problem. You would think I'd at least get the fuel comped for the inconvenience, but no, just saw the pending charge on my cc today, guess I wasn't going to get a call to discuss the charge like they said they would.

Visited March 2013

Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
“Very nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

A different view of Miami.
It was possible to visit many islands and see the mansions.
Go around and watch touristic points from bay view. Our childern just loved it.
It was very worthy.
We took a 19 feet boat. The prices arise according the size. It was not necessary bigger than this because the bay water is very calm and safe.

Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
“Golden Yacht Charters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Golden Yacht Charters' office and pier are conveniently located at the Miami Beach Marina with free covered parking. They frequently offer a 50% discount on Groupon and similar offers on their website. Intro was friendly and hassle-free and they provided a simple map of the waterways. We went on a four hour trip with two couples on thier 18' Glasstron MX with 115HP for $200 plus tax and fuel. They ask for a $1,000 authorization on your credit card in case something happens; they also offer a $50 propeller insurance. The afternoon we went (Sat 09 Feb 2013) they were fully booked and had no spare boats around which made two other parties and ourselves wait as the boats we reserved were not ready. One hasn't been returned, the outboard motor of another one was leaking oil and petrol and ours was missing a propeller blade. They however managed to quickly change the propeller and off we went. >Marc

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Best part of my Miami trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Golden Yacht Charters is a company that you keep going back to. Came across them on a Groupon deal, and from start to finish this outfitter was professional and courteous and ultra fair with pricing. Rented an 18 footer boat and piloted myself, and from Serena in the office to John helping me plot a course, you could tell that these guys were more interested in customer service and making sure that we had a good time rather than only after getting money out of my pocket. Had a good time cruising down Miami River and also the bay. The location is perfect, as it's right on South Beach and you don't have to leave the island. This was probably the best activity we did the whole time in Miami, and I will definitely be back here to rent again when I return.

Visited January 2013
Miami, Florida
“Miami By The Bay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

It was a nice pleasant day and my friends from Brazil enjoyed very much the ride; Stillsville, the cruise ships, the Miami river, etc.
I was the one driving the boat, having problems with stearing. I could turn to the right but the left it was very difficult to do so. Four hours like that was not good and dangerous. When we came back I made the coment to the person that received us and he knew the boat's problem. They gave me the boat that was not in a good shape...
The gas charges; completely wrong; $6.20 per gallon!!! I did speak to the manager and then he gave us a small discount of $15 ( $1 per gallon less).
Next time I will use another company.

Visited January 2013
Lovingmiami_18, Manager at Golden Yacht Charters, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Hello Carlos:
I'm so sorry to hear that you had issues with the steering on your boat, some boats don't come with hydraulic steering and can be a bit harder than others, however we are working on changing the steering on the few boats that dont have it to make them better and easier for our customers.
As far as in response to your concern about the high fuel price, unfortunately we are in a private marina and that is the price at the pump, however I would like to offer you 50% off your fuel charge the next time, if you would like to give us another try...We are constantly trying to improve our service and our boats so I appreciate your feedback and would love for you to visit us again for us to change your mind.