“Review has more to do about credit card handling/practices for internet orders **” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sergio's Kendall

Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Kendall Location –

Good typical Cuban food fare. Weekends usually crowded and parking can be a hassle.

** Credit card handling concerns:

1st time placing take out order via internet. Easy website navigation for registration as well as completing order. Arrived a few minutes before scheduled time for pick up and order was ready. Went to the main entrance and was told politely it would be better if I were to go t the back cafe/self serve section (outside to the back of the building) for which I thanked the greeter. So far so good until it was time to actually get the order. Typically establishments ask to see credit card and ID to verify order, for which I had no problem until the lady at the counter took one of the old credit carbon copy based credit card forms to take an imprint of my credit card for which I became alarmed at the practice and informed the lady. She stated it was required by management and had to do so (If there were no "hungry folks' back home waiting for some Comida Cubana, I would have cancelled order) ... and then I was astonished to see the lady take a pencil and rub the carbon form over the credit card for an imprint! Of course I had to laugh, but again objected to the practice for which I believe borders on being illegal (credit card bank notified).

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
“Typical Cuban Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Sergio's is a very popular chain of restaurants in the Greater Miami area. The food is plentiful and the prices very reasonable.
Don't expect fancy food or surroundings, just good, tasty typical Cuban food and delectable desserts.

Visited August 2013
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had some people in town for a meeting and they wanted to eat Cuban food. We ordered sandwiches and everyone was happy. The AC was broken and it was hotttttttt!!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“Excellent customer service + excellent food + reasonable price, a wining combination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived at this place a large party of 9 people around 8 PM a Saturday. The place was completely full. We thought that we will have to wait for at least 20 minutes. We were ready to stay because the place was recommended to us by a friend. To our surprise the manager came and says to wait couple of minutes and he will try to find us an spot. Probably a minute later he came back smiling and tell us "I told you it will be quick".
The food was excellent, the price very reasonable, the customer service excellent too. That's a real wining combination.
Will go back next time in Miami and have recommended the place to several of my friends.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“"Flaca" menu.. New healthy menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Sergio's has great authentic Cuban food... My favorite items are the new "Flaca" menu ... Meaning skinny meal choices in English... Great breakfast.. We enjoy Sunday breakfast here.. Sandwiches are always fresh and the best "croquetas" .. Clean, friendly staff, and fast service... I have been eating here for over 5 yrs now... Always a good meal.. Highly recommend the "Tostones Rellenos" .. Kids menu available and outdoor seating..

• Visited August 2013