“STILL MY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
South Florida, Florida
“STILL MY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I still love this place. They are now open on Sundays with a wonderful brunch menu. It's a very clean, quaint place with excellent service.

Today I went for the brunch and had the most delicious blueberry pancakes. They were the best ones I have ever eaten. My friend had the 2 egg breakfast, which was equally as good (delicious potatos with rosemary in them). Everything was so flavorful.

It's a very big menu with a lot vegetarian selections for me; there is definitely something for everyone. I have had the nutella sandwich that was FANTASTIC. Sounds odd - but the flavors were amazing and it is served hot. Also delicious are the brie bites (an appetizer).

I have recently had the soy burger wrap and it is incredible. The wrap if filled with all kinds of greens and good stuff, and is served with a 3 bean salad. This is my new favorite thing here.

I will reiterate from my old review; I love Lemoni Cafe. It is a great neighborhood place -- good food, good people running it. It's ALL good and you certainly don't come away hungry.

p.s. If you have room for dessert (try to save room), be sure to get the brownie. It is gooey and delicious and served with ice cream. The ricotta tart is equally amazing - it's hard to choose - both are big enough to share (see my photos). The presentation of it is incredible! YUM!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami, Florida, United States
“Great inexpensive restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Lemoni has two restaurants on N.E. 2nd avenue, both very different and tasty. The first to open specializes in delightful sandwiches, salads and mediterranean platters. The other prepares wood oven pizzas that are wonderful. The space is casual, dim and cozy and plays great jazz in the background. Both are very inexpensive and a great alternative for a quick meal without having to pay big bucks like at some of the other neighborhood restaurants.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“A cool breeze, the warm tiki torches and the setting sun made for a wonderfully romantic dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Last night was the first time I'd visited Lemoni, despite all the wonderful things I'd heard of it. We couldn't decide where to eat and I remembered this little place, which just happens to be a few blocks from my house. I was craving a portabello sandwich, and after reading Michelle C.'s review, I knew this was the place to go.

Since it was a rainy Monday night there weren't too many diners around, however that meant we got the best seat outside under the umbrellas. A cool breeze, the warm tiki torches and the setting sun made for a wonderfully romantic dinner. I was pretty much set on trying their "Portobellisimo" from the beginning, however hubby had to thumb through the menu a little since there were so many delicious options. He decided on a cup of their broccoli soup and an "Italiano" panini.

Firstly, the cup of soup is huge. Easily a bowl in my book - so I'm sure the bowl is more than enough for a meal. I had a few bites and it was amazing, not like any other broccoli soup I've had. Rich in vegetable broth with a hint of cream, truly a delight. The main attraction for me was the Portobellisimo sandwich on ciabatta bread. It comes with caramelized onions, greens, thick slices of fresh mozzarella and roasted portabello mushrooms. Exactly what I was craving - writing this review is making me crave another right now, just a mere day later.

I didn't try the Italiano, trying to stay away from so much meat, but hubby says it was good. He loved my sandwich, but he says his would have been better if it had the balsamic vinegar that mine did. The salad that comes with the sandwiches is a great touch, fresh and light.

I was stuffed after eating my entire panini (yes - it really is that good), but hubby decided he wanted a creme brulee. I had a bite (really couldn't help myself), but unfortunately it was a little bit of a let down. The caramelized sugar was chewy and the custard a little runny. But that doesn't stop me from absolutely loving this place. The service is great, the atmosphere is romantic/eclectic/hip all mixed into one and the food is amazing - not to mention the prices are WONDERFUL ($8-10 pp for sandwiches).

Visited May 2012
Miami, Florida
“Best bargain in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I can't tell you how many times I say "no" to myself on eating out - watch my budget, yada yada; then I say, ohhhh, Lemoni - I can afford to go there. Yes, I talk to myself a lot and always talk myself into this little slice of heaven for lunch - the chef here is KING OF SOUPS! I have probably tried everything - I want the combo, soup/sandwich. Lunch combos are served from 11-4; or I get the Abby's Special ($9.50) this is a HUGE sandwich - chopped chicken, avocado, corn, pepperocini, greens tomato, onions and my favorite - their garlic mayo. I had the audacity to order a cup of soup - of course, I can't eat it all.

I love the wraps too but let me get back to the soup - what's the big deal - his tomato basil is simply fabulous - all of the soups - at least everything I have had is non-dairy - creamy soups without the cream - what more could a waist conscious woman ask for. Let me one more thing - why do I rant about the soups - a cup is $2.75 and a bowl if $4; and those little toast points - grilled yummy bread.

This place is tops for take-out - located in the Buena Vista neighborhood, it's a popular spot. I take customers and meet friends - great place to show a neighborhood feel when you are selling real estate in the area. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miramar, Florida
“Amazing little lunch spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Cute hole-in-the-wall tiny restaurant! I just finished having their special of the day, "Chicken caprese panini with prosciutto". It was delicious! Will definitely come back again and I will have my colleagues order from here from now on :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Lemoni Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lemoni Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.