“Even Better Then Expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Habitat Residence

You added Habitat Residence to your Saves list
Habitat Residence
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1700 SW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Formerly Habitat Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy 10% OFF!
Ranked #5 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
“Even Better Then Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We booked 30 rooms as part of a work event being held in the area. The event was being held for our most prominent doctors so we really wanted to make a great impression. I am so happy to say that the apartments at Habitat Residence did just that! They were all clean and spacious and beautifully furnished. Every person we invited was totally impressed with these rooms and some even decided to stay extra time.
The hotel is a little bit off the beaten path but still conveniently located. We walked home from our dinner reservation both nights and everything we needed was within a half mile from the rooms. The buildings don't look like much from the outside to be honest, but the apartments more than make up for it! And the rates that were offered (even as a single room and not as a group rate) were outstanding compared to other locations in the area.
To make this whole experience even better, the staff at Habit Residence are awesome! Everyone was super accommodating, super nice, and I have to give huge props to Patricia C. for helping me with this event. For two months she answered my questions and helped me arrange everything (even sending me links for the public transportation and other local things) and responded to every single one of my million+ plus emails.....even if it was ten times in one day. She was a huge help to me!
Some of our doctors brought their families and told me that this was ideal for that situation. They werent all cramped into a small hotel room like usual vacations. They had a kitchen, tv's, wi-fi and the families with children were especially happy. (Just for the record, I stayed all by myself and I was equally happy! lol).
I will recommend Habitat Residence to anyone who asks me. I can vouch for 30 people that you will get your money's worth and more from this hotel. A great find!

Room Tip: Every room is great but Tower 1 is closer to the train so if you sleep with your balcony door open y...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TeamHabitatResidence, Director of Sales at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hi Rebecca,
Thank you so much for this awesome review! At the end, this is what is all about, making our guests happy! I’m so pleased that you guys had a good time and liked our hotel; it was a real pleasure having you and your group as guests! Hope to see you guys back in Miami soon, our doors are always open!

Good luck on everything!
Best Regards,

Patricia Campos
Reservations and Marketing Department
Habitat Residence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed at Habitat Residence for one night having arrived off a flight and going on a cruise the next day. It was absolutely ideal for us (4 adults). Huge 2 bedroom apartment with a massive amount of closet space (not that we needed to unpack), 2 bathrooms. Full kitchen. Very clean too.
The area was pretty quiet but a short walk to many bars and restaurants as well as a Publix supermarket. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and I would stay again if I was passing through Miami.
Found the staff good, they did take a €150 security deposit off us on arrival in case we broke/stole/wrecked something which we got back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! we are really happy that you enjoyed our facilities, don't hesitate to contact us in your next trip to Miami! It was a pleasure having you as a guest,

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at the Habitat Residence for 3 nights starting Sunday 23rd February 2014. We did a reservation on the website for the 3 nights and got a quote of $893.27 including taxes. I got a confirmation email from the website with the confirmation number and price. However I was charged for the 3 nights $1009.38 USD plus a $60 USD for the Valet parking and $150 USD as a deposit. The lady in the front desk told me that I was going to get a refund of the difference between the reservation ($893.27) and the actual charge ($1009.38) and that the deposit was going to be reversed when I checked out.

The deposit charge was reversed but the difference in price was never given to me. I wrote and forwarded the confirmation email I got from them to the only email available on the website info@habitatresidence.com and I never got an answer back.

On top of that the day I was checking out I got and late fee check out for $50, because I checked out at 11.30 am instead for 11:00 am. (not even in 5 hotels stars this policy applies, there should be some flexibility)

So I was ripped of $116.11 USD of the difference between the confirmation email and what I was charged and also a late check out fee of $50 USD.

We travel 3 to 4 times a year to Miami to visit family and for the first time we decided to try an apartment instead of a hotel, I was very pleased with the service, the building, the location and the apartment so we were planning to become a permanent customer for each of our trips but this kind of policies which make no sense we won't be coming back. About the check out it is not like if we checked out 3 hours late. It was a 30 minutes and there was no warnings at the check in moment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Sergio,

We are deeply sorry that we were not able to answer your email faster, the e-mail went through junk mail, and after seeing your review on Tripadvisor I started to do research about your situation.

As you stated the reservation had an error on the rate and the taxes were charged double. As we attached in a the email we just sent with the list of transactions, we refunded $66 dollars to your credit card, along with the $150 deposit, I’m waiting to talk to the person that did the check out to see why they refunded only $66 dollars and not the entire $116.11 as it was stated. We will refunded the rest of the money to your credit card,

As per the check out unfortunately, those are our policies as we have clients coming in at 3pm and housekeeping has to clean the entire apartment. We will have under consideration your suggestion about being more flexible about the check out time, we understand your point of view.

We will refund the rest of the money immediately, and we’ve contacted the front desk department to avoid any further mistakes like this.

We hope you give us the privilege of having you as a guest again, and we are deeply sorry about any inconveniences we might have caused you,
We are here to help you and satisfy your traveling needs,

Let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter,
Habitat Residence Management
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We travel to Miami yearly for the Sony Open Tennis Tournament. This was the best place we have stayed so far. It was an easy drive to Key Biscayne and it is within walking distance to many great places to eat. So, no need to pay for parking! The full kitchen saved us both time and money, as well. It was also nice to have a washer and dryer in the room/apartment. The condo was also very clean. We saw no bugs!

That being said, the amenities were lacking. There were no kitchen towels and the 2nd bathroom did not come with items such as blower dryers and hotel sized shampoo and such. They also provided limited towels. We were told we had to wash the provided towels ourselves or pay for more. There are also no alarm clocks. It isn't like any of this is THAT big of a deal but it didn't really give me a feeling that they are overly concerned about our comfort.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we will consider staying here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinions and suggestions,
It was a pleasure having you as a guest,

Feel free to stay with us in your next trip!

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had booked this through Booking.com as it was a great price in a good location. Close to the Publix supermarket, Walgreens pharmacy ( or may be CVS.. whatever ), the Metromover and restaurants so has lots of facilities close at hand. We got SAS transport from Fort Lauderdale airport and I was glad I had received an email from the Habitat sometime before we traveled with their new office/reception address as the driver didn't know they'd moved. Reception is impressive, very clean and modern but the girl that checked us in was disinterested and chomped on gum (which I could see rolling around in her mouth) through the whole process. I was tired from traveling so it wasn't until we got to our room we realised she'd charged us an extra night when we had already prepaid the entire amount on booking. Long story but we had to fight to get our refund as they made us feel like we were a nuisance and trying to rip them off or something, I had copies of my credit card statement proving the entire amount was paid but the receptionist just kept insisting we had only paid half!!! Anyway apart from that the room was lovely, we had a 2 bedroom unit, comfortable and clean but the kitchen wasn't well supplied, no tea towel, no dishcloth, no kettle, saucepans had wobbly handles, knives were blunt, no breadboard..... I think this could be a first class place if they paid more attention to detail and the staff were a little more interested in their jobs. I just didn't bother asking for a tea towel etc as I felt the staff would have made me feel a nuisance. I would stay there again however as the price and location are excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new renovated tower.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are deeply sorry about the experience you had with our staff, we already took the necessary measures to avoid any further complains. Feel free to contact us in your next trip to Miami, it was a pleasure having you as a guest.
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you have a chance to travel in Miami, wouldn't miss this hotel. I am satisfied in all new room with my friends. Sleeping as peaceful ,Facilities as home,Living as silk, and thanks to counter staff help me any I need.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for you review, we really appreciated,

Visit us on your next trip to Miami.

Regards,

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We recently stayed at the Habitat residence (new tower) for a weekend and then for another night a week later. We really enjoyed the location - being near downtown Brickell and access to Bayside was a definite plus and we had a fabulous time in Miami. The rooms were very clean and everyone was very friendly (we paid for the valet and found it well worth it). The reasons that it did not receive more than 3 stars are as follows: 1. The gym has old equipment and is not very good, 2. When we arrived for the second visit the front desk staff took a photo of my credit card (front and back) and drivers license - they said they had done this the first time as well - and then they say they give it to the night auditor (we told them we were not comfortable with that and my only option was to pay by cash in order for her not to do that - she tore up the copy and when I spoke to another front desk person the following morning she said the night auditor will shred it afterwards) but as far as I know this is not legal nor is it necessary. If you have pre-approval of the credit card you should have no reason to keep my information in that manner. With all the fraudulent activity going on with credit cards this is definitely not a best practice. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay at the Habitat residence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciated you took the time to write something about us. The Gym facilities are being under maintenance right now and we are buying new equipment, the equipment you saw was momentary from our previous gym while the new equipment arrive.
Regarding your credit card we apologize if you didn't fell comfortable. In all of our reservation at check in as a regular hotel we ask for a valid ID and credit card to have it in the account while you stay here just in case any incidents happen, this is a mandatory and regular procedure in hotels, we even ask for them if you pay in cash. Our night auditors is just the front desk clerk that covers the shifts at nights and make sure everybody in-house has been paid, has the papers in the account and check the reservations that arrives during the night, nothing else, is an in-house staff like all of our front desk clerks. We hope you enjoyed your stay with is and we hope to have you with us on your next trip to Miami.

Patricia Campos

Been to Habitat Residence? Share your experiences!