“Good location, amenities could be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Habitat Residence

You added Habitat Residence to your Saves list
Habitat Residence
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1700 SW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Formerly Habitat Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Enjoy 10% OFF!
Ranked #5 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Good location, amenities could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We travel to Miami yearly for the Sony Open Tennis Tournament. This was the best place we have stayed so far. It was an easy drive to Key Biscayne and it is within walking distance to many great places to eat. So, no need to pay for parking! The full kitchen saved us both time and money, as well. It was also nice to have a washer and dryer in the room/apartment. The condo was also very clean. We saw no bugs!

That being said, the amenities were lacking. There were no kitchen towels and the 2nd bathroom did not come with items such as blower dryers and hotel sized shampoo and such. They also provided limited towels. We were told we had to wash the provided towels ourselves or pay for more. There are also no alarm clocks. It isn't like any of this is THAT big of a deal but it didn't really give me a feeling that they are overly concerned about our comfort.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we will consider staying here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinions and suggestions,
It was a pleasure having you as a guest,

Feel free to stay with us in your next trip!

Regards

Habitat Residence

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had booked this through Booking.com as it was a great price in a good location. Close to the Publix supermarket, Walgreens pharmacy ( or may be CVS.. whatever ), the Metromover and restaurants so has lots of facilities close at hand. We got SAS transport from Fort Lauderdale airport and I was glad I had received an email from the Habitat sometime before we traveled with their new office/reception address as the driver didn't know they'd moved. Reception is impressive, very clean and modern but the girl that checked us in was disinterested and chomped on gum (which I could see rolling around in her mouth) through the whole process. I was tired from traveling so it wasn't until we got to our room we realised she'd charged us an extra night when we had already prepaid the entire amount on booking. Long story but we had to fight to get our refund as they made us feel like we were a nuisance and trying to rip them off or something, I had copies of my credit card statement proving the entire amount was paid but the receptionist just kept insisting we had only paid half!!! Anyway apart from that the room was lovely, we had a 2 bedroom unit, comfortable and clean but the kitchen wasn't well supplied, no tea towel, no dishcloth, no kettle, saucepans had wobbly handles, knives were blunt, no breadboard..... I think this could be a first class place if they paid more attention to detail and the staff were a little more interested in their jobs. I just didn't bother asking for a tea towel etc as I felt the staff would have made me feel a nuisance. I would stay there again however as the price and location are excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new renovated tower.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are deeply sorry about the experience you had with our staff, we already took the necessary measures to avoid any further complains. Feel free to contact us in your next trip to Miami, it was a pleasure having you as a guest.
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you have a chance to travel in Miami, wouldn't miss this hotel. I am satisfied in all new room with my friends. Sleeping as peaceful ,Facilities as home,Living as silk, and thanks to counter staff help me any I need.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for you review, we really appreciated,

Visit us on your next trip to Miami.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We recently stayed at the Habitat residence (new tower) for a weekend and then for another night a week later. We really enjoyed the location - being near downtown Brickell and access to Bayside was a definite plus and we had a fabulous time in Miami. The rooms were very clean and everyone was very friendly (we paid for the valet and found it well worth it). The reasons that it did not receive more than 3 stars are as follows: 1. The gym has old equipment and is not very good, 2. When we arrived for the second visit the front desk staff took a photo of my credit card (front and back) and drivers license - they said they had done this the first time as well - and then they say they give it to the night auditor (we told them we were not comfortable with that and my only option was to pay by cash in order for her not to do that - she tore up the copy and when I spoke to another front desk person the following morning she said the night auditor will shred it afterwards) but as far as I know this is not legal nor is it necessary. If you have pre-approval of the credit card you should have no reason to keep my information in that manner. With all the fraudulent activity going on with credit cards this is definitely not a best practice. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay at the Habitat residence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciated you took the time to write something about us. The Gym facilities are being under maintenance right now and we are buying new equipment, the equipment you saw was momentary from our previous gym while the new equipment arrive.
Regarding your credit card we apologize if you didn't fell comfortable. In all of our reservation at check in as a regular hotel we ask for a valid ID and credit card to have it in the account while you stay here just in case any incidents happen, this is a mandatory and regular procedure in hotels, we even ask for them if you pay in cash. Our night auditors is just the front desk clerk that covers the shifts at nights and make sure everybody in-house has been paid, has the papers in the account and check the reservations that arrives during the night, nothing else, is an in-house staff like all of our front desk clerks. We hope you enjoyed your stay with is and we hope to have you with us on your next trip to Miami.

Regards
Patricia Campos
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Quarto em bom estado de limpeza, decoração discreta e mobília nova, minha decepção foi com relação ao uso do estacionamento, em minha reserva dizia que o estacionamento estava incluso, porem ao solicitar o serviço eles queriam cobrar US$20,00 para utilizar a vaga. Infelizmente o prédio estava passando por reformas e nao pude utilizar a piscina.

Room in a clean condition, light decor and new furniture, my disappointment was with respect to the use of the parking, in my book said that parking valet was included, however when requesting the service they wanted to charge $ 20.00. Unfortunately the building was undergoing renovations and could not use the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for any inconvenience the construction might have cause you. We invite you to come again, as we will have our pool finished by march. Our valet parking cost $20 and in our online profiles it says we have a fee to be charged at check in.

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hello,i stayed at the Habitat Residences in Miami Fla. from january 1 to the 17, and, no service whatsoever.One of the employees dumped a bucket of water on the carpet at the entrance to my room and the water stayed there for 2 days, even after i call to report the incident.Internet broken down constantly,dishwasher had water from the previous guests and contaminated the place with a terrible odor,fixtures for the sliding doors to the laundry broken,and jamming the door all the time.They proudly show the award at the entrance,but is all show no go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TeamHabitatResidence, Manager at Habitat Residence, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciated.
We apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you.
As we communicated to you during your stay, our main A/C broke and that was the reason you found water in the hallway, we want to remind you that we cordially offer you an upgrade and gave you another apartment and you refused as you didn’t wanted to move apartments. We are sorry this issue took us a couple of days, we contacted the service company and we were doing the best that we could in a situation like that, we have everything fixed at the moment and under control, we are also giving weekly revision to the A/C in order to avoid any other problems in the future. We are sorry for the Internet, we also fixed our Internet services in order for all of our guests to have a steady connection, all of your complains have been taken care of and we would like to have the pleasure of having you as a guest in your next trip to Miami.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My stay at Habitat was for the most part ok, but I was really frustrated about the parking situation. When I booked my email insured me that I would have access to a parking space during my stay. When I got to the hotel they told me they no longer provide that service and that I would have to pay $20 a day for valet parking or park illegally on the street. When I mentioned that my email said I would have free parking the woman at the desk said that the cut of for giving free parking was 8 days before I booked and it didn't matter what the email said. No apologizes or any sympathy. When I pushed back she said she would ask the manager and get back to me. No one ever got back to me. One of the main reasons I choose to stay here was because of the free parking.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciated. We apologize for any inconvenience our parking arrangement had caused you. We implemented our valet parking services in December because it had a lot of demand from past guests and we wanted to give an extra service to our guest and help them with their luggage, packages and so forth. We hope you would give us the chance and the pleasure of having you as a gain in your next visit to Miami. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you and we thank you for your time and interest in leaving us a review.
Habitat Residence

Been to Habitat Residence? Share your experiences!